My Car Is HOT!!!!

have someone go with you and spray ether in the throttle body while you idle it up on the trailer. probably has a dead fuel pump. i have picked up a bunch of marks that didnt run that were slammed and it only took me and another buddy to line it up with the trailer and get a running start and shove it up on there. its not hard to push a mark around with 2 guys as long as you arent going up hill!

Damn man, that really does suck. Good thing you found another replacement. I live in Houston too and I never find decent Mark 8s out here??

That hurts man, glad your safe and taking it so well, hits close to home... I have a black Gen 2 with the 10 spokes. Installing fire extinguisher tomorrow for sure.:(

You have to rebuild it
"the Black Knight always triumphs!!"

you dont want to rebuild a burnt car, trust me, once a car is burnt, you dont want any part of the metal that has seen fire. it will be nothing but a rot box for the rest of its life if its rebuilt.

Yea, chalk that up to lesson learned. Any way, I have a plan. I need some help. I found a 97 black on black, for cheaper than I got this one. This one looks a little rough, but I plan to bring it around. The owner tells me it cranks but wont start. I'm going to have to get it up on my trailer. What do I need to bring with me to get this thing started?

crank sensor?

For all of you guys who think this is because of the Recall, forget that. The recall was performed.

well more than one person has reported taking their car in for the recall service, only to have the car returned to them, WITHOUT the recall done.

So, did you actually check if the upgraded wire loom was added or are you just assuming the part was actually replaced?

Take a picture of the part replaced during the recall service.

you might have one of the cars that were returned to the owner with no service being performed..which would be a HUGE PLUS in your favor, because then Ford/Lincoln would be liable for the damages.

...I'm jusSayin VERIFY, dont assume.

the fire wasnt started because of the cruise control deactivation switch. the switch is behind the pass side front tire, that fire was on the top of the motor, unless someone moved the switch to the top of the intake ford isnt liable for :q:q:q:q, thats not what started the fire, if it was, the car would look like this...
this is a cruise control deactivation switch fire
IMG_4643.jpg

this is another one...
mark2-1.jpg

both of these fires started in the pass side wheel well, not on top of the motor like gman's. the second pic had no tire and amelted rim when it came off the flatbed at my shop, only reason why the wheel is nice looking is i had to put it on to roll it into my shop.

well more than one person has reported taking their car in for the recall service, only to have the car returned to them, WITHOUT the recall done.

So, did you actually check if the upgraded wire loom was added or are you just assuming the part was actually replaced?

Take a picture of the part replaced during the recall service.

you might have one of the cars that were returned to the owner with no service being performed..which would be a HUGE PLUS in your favor, because then Ford/Lincoln would be liable for the damages.

...I'm jusSayin VERIFY, dont assume.

+1000000 times over get us a pic of the recall, peel back the pass ft wheel liner infront of the tire and look up

the fire wasnt started because of the cruise control deactivation switch. the switch is behind the pass side front tire, that fire was on the top of the motor, unless someone moved the switch to the top of the intake ford isnt liable for
another problem ford had with the recall was the fluid wicking through the wires to the cruise servo and shorting that out, its worth a shot get a pic gman

you guys must have missed the part that he mentioned about he took the master cylinder off, and while driving the car the brake pedal went to the floor, wtf would that have to do with the cruise switch, all the switch does is shut the cruise off when you step on the brake pedal, that wouldnt make the brake pedal soft and wouldnt start a fire on top of the engine.

Jamie his car could have easily looked like either of those pics above..had the fire dept not shown up..

And the wires from the cc switch DO GO TO THE FUSE BOX.

but your right, I dont know my azz from a hole in the ground, and of course your ALWAYS correct, so I digress, it couldn't be the CC switch.

Gman MUST have fubared the front end install, possibly cracked a brake line and sprayed brake fluid on the exhaust..or je fubared the stereo install.

no chance it couldn't have been "self inflicted" as what I was getting at.

your right Jamie, "he did it to himself"

(unsubscribe)

all the switch does is shut the cruise off when you step on the brake pedal, that wouldnt make the brake pedal soft

go rip the guts out of one of those switches, then step on the brake pedal and tell me it couldnt cause a spongy pedal????

WTF??

I agree, the issue started on the drivers side near the shock tower and above the head. Too much brake fluid would do it. Fire right there would first melt the vac line for the boosted causing no brakes or very little anyway, then the fire hit the fuel line on the drivers side and thats all she wrote. :(

Just my .02

unless someone moved the switch to the top of the intake ford isnt liable for :q:q:q:q, thats not what started the fire, if it was, the car would look like this...

I guess you MISSED the part where I said "MIGHT", and "MAYBE" and to VERIFY not to ASSUME...

but your the burnt up car expert, so your right..and I'm never right, so obviously I'm just postwhoring to increase my post count

From this point forward I wont try and help diagnose peoples issues, you can carry that torch buddy.
I dont have time to spoonfeed noobs any more, you'll be fine in that aspect as I'm sure all you have is FREE TIME to spoonfeed noobs.

YOU GO JAMIE!!

holy :q:q:q:q man look at the pics, yes the car could have looked like either one of the cars i posted, but the fire didnt start in the wheel well, it started dead nuts on top of the intake, so there is no way it was the cruise switch that started the fire, the deactivation switch fires start in the valve block of the switch, not in the fuse box, not in the wire harness, the switch is hot power all the time, when they go bad, the switch fails and starts the fluid on fire that is in the end of the switch, thats why they were recalled, faulty switch, not faulty fuse boxes, or wores 5 feet away from the switch, i'm not always right tommy, but i know i am about gman's car, that fire did not start because of the cruise switch, i'll bet my :q:q:q:qing car on it, i'm not blaming gman for the fire, i'm simply stating he said he did this and that and all the sudden fire, right near where he was working, not in the right wheel well, :q:q:q:qing relax dude.

*hides from Tommy*

nah you got it backwards

I left here a good while ago, got my own hiding place on the internet.

Jeff may have sent you a link, then again.. he might not have. hahahahA

it's nice and quite and no damn noobs, or internet EXPERTS.

tommy wtf is your problem? now you are gonna :q:q:q:q all over me like you did to everyone else on here? you got a serious anger issue dude i never did a thing to you i respected you alot not no more, everytime someone says something you go off the :q:q:q:qing wall. you were a newb here once too wtf no one else is supposed to join here now its just for all of us who have been here for awhile to enjoy?

holy :q:q:q:q man look at the pics, yes the car could have looked like either one of the cars i posted, but the fire didnt start in the wheel well, it started dead nuts on top of the intake, so there is no way it was the cruise switch that started the fire, the deactivation switch fires start in the valve block of the switch, not in the fuse box, not in the wire harness, the switch is hot power all the time, when they go bad, the switch fails and starts the fluid on fire that is in the end of the switch, thats why they were recalled, faulty switch, not faulty fuse boxes, or wores 5 feet away from the switch, i'm not always right tommy, but i know i am about gman's car, that fire did not start because of the cruise switch, i'll bet my :q:q:q:qing car on it, i'm not blaming gman for the fire, i'm simply stating he said he did this and that and all the sudden fire, right near where he was working, not in the right wheel well, :q:q:q:qing relax dude.

so again, run out there..pry the guts out of one of those switches and then tell me again how it couldn't possibly cause a spongy pedal.

I'm not saying it was the cause, but the info you posted was DEAD FUGGINGWRONG.. Jamie..plain and simple

When you remove the guts from one of those switches, you have a HUGE FUGGINGHOLE IN YOUR BRAKE LINE.

NO way it causes a spongy pedal.. NO WAY...

RIIIIIIIGHT

carry on Jamie, this is ALL yours buddy

I'm out.
Peace

tommy wtf is your problem? now you are gonna :q:q:q:q all over me like you did to everyone else on here? you got a serious anger issue dude i never did a thing to you i respected you alot not no more, everytime someone says something you go off the :q:q:q:qing wall. you were a newb here once too wtf no one else is supposed to join here now its just for all of us who have been here for awhile to enjoy?

I dont have any ANGER issues Jamie,
but I seriously LOATHE those that call me asking questions, to then turn around and talk down to me on the internet as if I dont know WTF I'm talking about.

Remember WHO called WHO last?
Thats right it you that called ME, asking questions, not the other way around.

Members online

Back