Damn bastage truck drivers.

Thats why I did it. I was making fun of the other ass hat that always brought you into his bogus parts sales.

Sorry Jamie, Ill leave your buddy alone.

dont be a dick bill, you can say whatever you want about anyone on here, just leave me out of it. i'm not asking you to leave derrik alone, you know what i am saying, no reason to be an ass hole to me with comments like that. no one is my buddy, i hate everyone equally.

dont be a dick bill, you can say whatever you want about anyone on here, just leave me out of it. i'm not asking you to leave derrik alone, you know what i am saying, no reason to be an ass hole to me with comments like that. no one is my buddy, i hate everyone equally.
I cant help it, im a dick. And stop stealing my lines!!!! :lol:

Im sorry Muffin. You still love me? :(

All I can say is the first thing anyone should learn about the legal system is if you can just keep your :q:q:q:qing mouth shut you are infinitely better than ever opening it to say anything... having a hot head and spouting off a bunch of words is the best way to get yourself in trouble.

You people totally amaze me, have you nothing better to do during your day

All I can say is the first thing anyone should learn about the legal system is if you can just keep your :q:q:q:qing mouth shut you are infinitely better than ever opening it to say anything... having a hot head and spouting off a bunch of words is the best way to get yourself in trouble.

You are right. I should have shut my mouth. I'll give you that much. Live and learn right ;)

i gotta say lately this forum, the best one in my opinion, is really sucking major ass. all these threads, every single one of them, has turned to shyt. just look at the last 2 or 3 pages in the mark VIII section its :q:q:q:qing depressing seriously. we need to clean this :q:q:q:q up and put the tempers away for a while my god. we are starting to look like the ls forum.

and this is a little note for you bill. last year, my wife was driving her green 93 with my kids in the car, coming back from my parents house a few miles away. a roll off dumpster truck went by her on us 19 and launched a 4 foot x 4 foot piece of drywall out of the dumpster, it smashed into the front of my 93, scratched the bumper, broke the corner of the hood and broke both headlights. she got on the side of the truck and laid on the horn, the dickhead was on a cell phone, she couldnt get his attention, so she copied the name and number on the truck and the number of the truck. i realize you couldnt get that info, my point is, she did, and she gave it to me when i got home, after she showed me the car, i instantly got on the phone, laid into the lady who answered, my car went to the ford collision shop for an estimate, the trash company cut me a check for 1,100, the damage accourding to ford, i let ford get me a pair of headlights, thats all, they charged me 200, i pocketed 900 and buffed the sheetrock scratches off myself!! i made out, and didnt get anyone involved except myself, i was just an ass hole on the phone, and got what i wanted for once in my life! i was pissed that she had the kids with her and this dick was on the phone and could have cared less what was blowing out of the back of the truck, thats why i was such a dick.

and this is a little note for you bill. last year, my wife was driving her green 93 with my kids in the car, coming back from my parents house a few miles away. a roll off dumpster truck went by her on us 19 and launched a 4 foot x 4 foot piece of drywall out of the dumpster, it smashed into the front of my 93, scratched the bumper, broke the corner of the hood and broke both headlights. she got on the side of the truck and laid on the horn, the dickhead was on a cell phone, she couldnt get his attention, so she copied the name and number on the truck and the number of the truck. i realize you couldnt get that info, my point is, she did, and she gave it to me when i got home, after she showed me the car, i instantly got on the phone, laid into the lady who answered, my car went to the ford collision shop for an estimate, the trash company cut me a check for 1,100, the damage accourding to ford, i let ford get me a pair of headlights, thats all, they charged me 200, i pocketed 900 and buffed the sheetrock scratches off myself!! i made out, and didnt get anyone involved except myself, i was just an ass hole on the phone, and got what i wanted for once in my life! i was pissed that she had the kids with her and this dick was on the phone and could have cared less what was blowing out of the back of the truck, thats why i was such a dick.
Yeah, had I been able to get up to the offending truck and seen which it was then I would have pursued it more. Hell, for all I know it could have been the third truck in.

Oh well, I am gonna go touch it up.

So here is the dammage with a better camera:
IMGP1300.jpg

IMGP1301.jpg

And just covering it so it dont rust. Really bums me out. :( Def need a daily beater.

IMGP1304.jpg

We've been telling you to get a beater, preferably something big and nasty so that people don't want to come near it. Basically the automotive equivalent of you:D.

sorry about your car laser
I feel your pain I have a big scratch on my hood from a blow out from a car in
front of me

Oh Heck, if it was a 1/4 deeper you could call that a scuff.:)

J/K Bro, i feel your pain. My Mark is my DD too.

It kinda makes the ol bung hole pucker when you hit someting when youre getting out and looking for the damage.
Be thankful that its in a spot where its not real noticeable and it didnt go down to the metal. it can be touched up and you wont notice it too bad....but it still sucks...

We've been telling you to get a beater, preferably something big and nasty so that people don't want to come near it. Basically the automotive equivalent of you:D.
I am working on securing a Thunder Turd for a DD right now.

Its so scary looking that children will cry when they see it! :lol:

He can't wear a helmet all the time, he says it's too hard to lick the windows

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, thanks Sapperfire. Bill your luck flat out sucks. I'm thinking you might want to get an old retired Brinks truck as a DD.

Im starting to think its karma for parting out the green Mark 8, its over jacked up on blocks and thinks of bad sh*t to happen to the white one.

We live off I-35 in New Braunfels,Tx and my wife hit a half of a truck recap that had come off and it did $2300 to our new Toyota. We had to pay our deductible $500.00, There ought to be a law against trucks running recaps I think!:mad:

Ok, I have to chime in here because some of you are misinformed. I used to be 2nd shift supervisor for Michelin Retread Technologies or what they call (MRT) and I worked in the very first hybrid plant in the United States which was in Hartselle, AL.

You might be asking what the hell a hybrid plant is. It's a plant that does both "mold cure" and "pre-cure" tires. Michelin came to Hartselle, AL. and got into a 5 year agreement with McGriff Treading Ind. I was already there before Michelin came in but anyway, I have years of experience with retreads and what most of you don't know is that the strip of tire that you see on the side of the road is usually not from a retread. It is normally for the original tire and what causes this is because the tire has been rolling with low tire pressure and if it's a trailer tire, the brakes locking up has caused a lot of crown heat. This will later result in the cap being slung off and that section is right at 8 feet long with a lot of steel belts.

Now the next time you see what you believe to be a cap on the side of the road, if you can, stop and look at it. On the edge, it should have a name and right beside the name, you should see a size which is usually 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 anything lower or higher than that is not normal and if you do not see those sizes beside the name, it's not a retread. If you can catch the truck as it slings a cap, get the company name first off. Write that down and any other information that you can get and then go back and get the cap. Put it in your trunk and then call the company that owns the truck. Let them know that a cap came off of their truck and struck your car and you want to know who does their retreading for them. Most likely it's going to be a Bandag cap or a possible Michelin cap or Hawkinson.

When I worked for McGriff/ Michelin, sometimes there would be claims that came in to the company about a cap damaging someones car and our company would pay out the damages if they were found to blame. Even if it was an original tire that slung the cap, the DOT needs to be checked on that tire. Every tire has one and if it's been on that truck for more than 3 or 4 years, they should have already changed that tire out. If it's possible for you to catch the truck and make him stop, that's the best thing to do. Let him know what happened and tell him / her that you want to see the DOT of that tire that slung the cap.

If the retread was a pre-cure, you will see a size but if it was "mold cure", you won't. I used to put out 325 tires during my shift and 1/2 of them were mold cure. The process that Michelin uses for mold cure makes a tire look like a brand new tire and you can't tell it has been retreaded. The way you will know if it was is by looking for all DOT's on the tire. If you find one DOT, don't stop looking because when a tire is retreaded, it has to be branded again, with a hot brander. The dates are changed weekly and if they follow instructions, the branded date should be right beside the original DOT. Some retreading facilities will brand the tire anywhere on the same side as the original DOT so don't stop looking for DOT's just because you found the original. If you can't find anything other than the original, it's not a retread.

What you don't want to be beside when it happens is what we called a "zipper" F U U U U U U U C K when that happens, hope and prey that you're not beside that tire because that is some powerful :q:q:q:q. It will come through your car door and take your head off.

Now, if you want to bypass calling the company and get straight to the source of the retread, call the DOT office and tell them what the branded DOT is. It will start with usually 4 letters like RBJK2410 <---example RBJK is the facility that done the retread. 24 is the week it was done, meaning if you see one higher than 52, someone :q:q:q:qed up. 10 would be the year. So lets say that RBJK done a tire in 2005 on the 16th week of the year, it would show RBJK1605 or end with 2005. So the next time you see what you think is a retread on the side of the road, don't just assume that it is because it is most likely the original tire. If the tire creates a "zipper", it will blow the cap right off of it but "zippers" are rare.

We had a tire once that was inside a press being cured. It was a mold cure tire. During it's curing process, it formed a zipper and when it blew, it sounded like a bomb had went off and I looked at the back of the shop. The tire had blew the top of a hydraulic press back and jumped out of the press, went to the ceiling and was hanging on high pressure piping. I had to lift someone up on a forklift to get the tire down. Not to mention it busted out all the lighting in the back of the shop just because of the pressure that was released.

Sorry about the long write up but I have had a lot of experience in the retread industry and have seen it all. Just remember the DOT, if one ever slings off and causes damage to your car. Leave the cap alone, catch the driver, make him stop, get all the info you can and mainly, the DOT(s) off that tire. If only one DOT is on that tire and it doesn't look like a hot iron branded it in the tire, it is an original tire, not a retread. The first letters of the DOT will tell where the tire is from.If you're able, go back and get that cap. The underside can show proof of how it was retreaded. Maybe it wasn't skived correctly, not filled correctly, not repaired correctly. Small businesses such as McGriff Ind. will pay out on damages to a person if it is found that their tire done the damage. I have seen the checks before.

I am working on securing a Thunder Turd for a DD right now.

Its so scary looking that children will cry when they see it! :lol:

I was looking on CL in your area and there are a ton of Lincolns at $1000 or under including later model Continentals, Town cars and first gen Mark VIII's. You have a much better selection overall than we have here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back