Damn bastage truck drivers.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I fuggin hate the level of maintenence they do on those farging rigs. :mad:
I am behind a convoy of 5 of them this morning and one of the two front trucks sheds a tire which gets thrown up by the truck in front of me. Oncoming traffic is thick so I cant swerve to the left and if I swirve to the right it will hit the hood. All I could do was slam on the brakes and hope for the best. It hit the side of the car pretty hard and put a nice crease in my door. :(

I have to get a DD after this thing gets painted. It just freakin kills me when the car gets hurt. :(

downsize-14.gif

You need to buy my 88' Tunderbird Turbo Coupe for a daily!!!

Dr. SVO phd

Did it actually crease? And I'm sure that mark will come off with a rag and some wd-40. Tough break man...

88 turbo coupe for a dd. Are you drunk? Get an old s-10 or a towncar.

You need to buy my 88' Tunderbird Turbo Coupe for a daily!!!
Dr. SVO phd
I had thought about it. I would be too tempted to mod it. I am looking for a sub $1500 SHO for a daily. :)
Did it actually crease? And I'm sure that mark will come off with a rag and some wd-40. Tough break man...

And I am sure it wont come off. Its scratched all the way down to bare metal! And yes its creased.

11-3.jpg

22.jpg

If I were you they would be paying for it. That is what insurance is for...(theirs not yours). If you pursue it yourself without getting your insurance company involved it will not raise your rates nor go on your record.

I sure hope you got a company name or license plate number.

Sunday I was passed on the shoulder [by an LS none the less] and he threw a good chunk of something at the chamelion. But it only scratched the underside of the nosepiece. :q:q:q:qty luck you have.

If I were you they would be paying for it. That is what insurance is for...(theirs not yours). If you pursue it yourself without getting your insurance company involved it will not raise your rates nor go on your record.

That will never happen, I-35 is riddled with "Gators" it is one of the busiest, and most dangerous highways in Texas.

It's a risk you take anytime you drive it, or other highways in TExas such as I-10, I-45, I-20 or any others.

I will be traveling up to Waco here shortly, and will probably see no less than 10 or more "Gators" on the road, you always give youself room to see around others, so that you can see what's in the road ahead.

Luckly I'll be in the LX and not the wife's Cobra Clone, the clone will not clear anything taller than 3" high, because of the debris on I-35, I will not drive it.

And I take back roads as much as possible, I did that drive from Waco to Austin every day for years, and I saw more things happen than you can ever imagine, including having an 18 wheeler blow a trailer tire right nest to ne, with an old school split rim, (windows down) cut my ear badly fron recap, and the slit ring cut my right rear tire after going under the car, scuffs and scrapes all down the driver's side of my RX7, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Dr. SVO phd

Unfortunately, as much as I like drivning with my windows down, I now drive with them up and the A/C on :(

Yeah, sure. Fuggin lawyer wannabes.

Lets look at this situation. A truck thats 400'+ in front of me blows a tire. I cant see the trucks plates or even whos it is as there are 4 more trucks behind it. Following trucks try to avoid but cant and they all toss it around. I cant avoid it and it hits my car. Traffic is backed up so I cant pass to get behind whichever lead truck blew the tire AND I didnt see which truck blew the tire. Its hazards of driving.

When a car pics up a tiny rock and it cracks your window is the car in front of you insurance supposed to pay for it? No.
The only thing I can do is claim on my insurance and forget that. Cars getting repainted this summer and now it has an additional $200 in dammage. Suck is life.

Cant go around suing everyone or trying to get their insurance to pay for crap when I really have no legal recourse to do so.

holy :q:q:q:q you are must have the worst luck out of anybody, besides having it blow up on you in your garage, you have bad luck

holy :q:q:q:q you are must have the worst luck out of anybody, besides having it blow up on you in your garage, you have bad luck

I second this?! I can't believe how much bad luck you have? And you were thinking you were worse than Ripped Camel!?

After all your crashes, accidents and now this I'm not sure why you're not 100% insured with $0 deductibles on everything you do.....and not just driving.

You should drive around with a helmet on all the time too! :)

Ken

Yeah, sure. Fuggin lawyer wannabes.

Lets look at this situation. A truck thats 400'+ in front of me blows a tire. I cant see the trucks plates or even whos it is as there are 4 more trucks behind it. Following trucks try to avoid but cant and they all toss it around. I cant avoid it and it hits my car. Traffic is backed up so I cant pass to get behind whichever lead truck blew the tire AND I didnt see which truck blew the tire. Its hazards of driving.

When a car pics up a tiny rock and it cracks your window is the car in front of you insurance supposed to pay for it? No.
The only thing I can do is claim on my insurance and forget that. Cars getting repainted this summer and now it has an additional $200 in dammage. Suck is life.

Cant go around suing everyone or trying to get their insurance to pay for crap when I really have no legal recourse to do so.

God, unbelievable. If you want to pay out of your pocket by all means have a blast with that. Throwing a rock and have a tire shred are two completely different things. A rock is on the road so it is beyond the drivers control, the tire is a different story. Many of those trucks run those tires until they blow because they know the others will still keep them on the road, that way they get the most out of their tires. It is exactly that negligence that has caused damage to your car.

So in other words you're saying that it's considered frowned upon to insinuate a guy that decided his pocket book was more important than the safety of others and their property? That's what's wrong with this country. This overall acceptance that someone else's intentional negligence should be shrugged off as no big deal. I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing if that tire caused a family to swerve lose control and die.

You are looking at this in a one-dimensional viewpoint.

Call me wanna-be lawyer boy all you want. I could care less....

Btw, With my 03 GT vert I hit a black shopping cart that was tipped on it's side on a freshly done road (so it blended in) at about 40mph without slowing down at all (because I didn't see it at all). The store was arrogant about it and the police laughed when I said I will go after their insurance myself without using my insurance. The cop told me how I won't ever get anywhere with it, blah blah blah.

Funny two months later I had a check for the full amount of the damage, cost of rental, and cost of the inconvenience in my hand. I told them had they initially accepted responsibility for their negligence and been apologetic the cost to fix it would have been enough, but their arrogance raised the amount I seeked.

As I've said before when someone tries to make good on their mistake there should be no reason for lawsuits nor to expect anything extra. It's when people or companies dodge responsibility that I am all for draining them for everything you can. As I was taught a man is only as good as his word.

Case in point...You sure as hell could get this taken care of. I have TONS of stories like this. Always give the person/company the benefit of the doubt first to make good on their mistake....

After the debris hits the ground they are no longer liable. Now if it peels off and land on his hood before hitting the ground, then they would be,

As I was taught a man is only as good as his word.

I have TONS of stories like this.

Always give the person/company the benefit of the doubt first to make good on their mistake....

Is this why you were going to take the insurace company for a ride on a Mach1 motor for your GT.

This after basised on the assumption that the body shop had hurt your motor while it was getting worked on?

Careful here JR. choose your words wisely, for you might wind up at the gym again all butt hurt.

Btw, With my 03 GT vert I hit a black shopping cart that was tipped on it's side on a freshly done road (so it blended in) at about 40mph without slowing down at all (because I didn't see it at all). The store was arrogant about it and the police laughed when I said I will go after their insurance myself without using my insurance. The cop told me how I won't ever get anywhere with it, blah blah blah.

Funny two months later I had a check for the full amount of the damage, cost of rental, and cost of the inconvenience in my hand. I told them had they initially accepted responsibility for their negligence and been apologetic the cost to fix it would have been enough, but their arrogance raised the amount I seeked.

As I've said before when someone tries to make good on their mistake there should be no reason for lawsuits nor to expect anything extra. It's when people or companies dodge responsibility that I am all for draining them for everything you can. As I was taught a man is only as good as his word.

Case in point...You sure as hell could get this taken care of. I have TONS of stories like this. Always give the person/company the benefit of the doubt first to make good on their mistake....

So the store was responsible for the cart being in the street?

Is this why you were going to take the insurace company for a ride on a Mach1 motor for your GT.

This after basised on the assumption that the body shop had hurt your motor while it was getting worked on?

Careful here JR. choose your words wisely, for you might wind up at the gym again all butt hurt.

What the f are you babbling about? Try making some sense before you open your mouth there champ....

Edit: I think I know what you are talking about the more I analyze what you said. Apparently reading comprehension isn't your friend because you mixed up my story jackass.

Im not saying anything.......lol I have lawers in my family and i dont think too much of them or what they stand for, i let them know it when i hear the cases they take on.

Real cute. Too bad it's the lawyers that fight to keep your right to bear arms in place dumbass! Get rid of the lawyers and be prepared to stand in line to be branded....oh that's right they are already trying to do that with RFID chips. Who is it that's trying to stop it? The lawyers!

So the store was responsible for the cart being in the street?

Yes because the store didn't have a cart return, had carts all over the place with no cart boy returning them, and lastly had flat black shopping carts with no reflectors or anything. Stores usually have chrome shopping carts because they reflect light...so when your headlights hit the cart you will see it. Flat black does not reflect light. If they wanted to use flat black cart for aesthetic reasons they should have put reflectors on the cart.

Usually a company is not responsible if it is within their property. Once the cart leaves the property that umbrella of liability they can hide under is gone!

People always jump to the defense of the company. It blows my mind. After I hit it, the cart went into the other lane of traffic. I jumped out, ran to get it and throw it off the road because the speed limit was 55mph from the road it bounced into and I was petrified another car would hit it and get hurt. I got the cart and a van had to swerve to not hit me and almost hit a tree. They had a family in the van. The woman stopped and got out. She said she didn't see the cart and thanked me for stopping her. They would have plugged that thing at atleast 55mph....so you're saying had I not stopped it and a family died it should be acceptable that some store didn't take the proper precautions to control it's property? 10 bucks says if it was your family involved you would be the first in line to pursue them.

Everyone always has a big mouth until the shoe is on their foot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back