What did you do to your LS today?

Staggered 20”s

1A04FD9F-7F9C-4845-9EAE-6EC5AAFD77FD.jpeg

C4A94825-41A1-485F-A320-B1757C3C38EE.jpeg

15A69CEB-5D17-417A-97C6-0609822A08C9.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg
What I did to my LS is not the question ... I had some New 235/50R/17 Michelin Energy Savers mounted on my car today and when the tire shop was done noticed the trunk was open...went to close the trunk and found the latch was broke ... Tire shop worker came out and asked if something was wrong with my trunk I said yes it's broke you must have tried to close it and the plastic rail wasn't in the right position ...he said I only used two fingers to close it...It was clear as day he tried forcing the trunk down because the plastic was deeply dented and scratched ...so off to the dealer I went ...you can see the nice gentleman at the dealership working on it ...sitting in lobby writing this... Never going back to tire shop again which really sucks because they do good work ...point being... No integrity ...no business

View attachment 828569125 View attachment 828569126 What I did to my LS is not the question ... I had some New 235/50R/17 Michelin Energy Savers mounted on my car today and when the tire shop was done noticed the trunk was open...went to close the trunk and found the latch was broke ... Tire shop worker came out and asked if something was wrong with my trunk I said yes it's broke you must have tried to close it and the plastic rail wasn't in the right position ...he said I only used two fingers to close it...It was clear as day he tried forcing the trunk down because the plastic was deeply dented and scratched ...so off to the dealer I went ...you can see the nice gentleman at the dealership working on it ...sitting in lobby writing this... Never going back to tire shop again which really sucks because they do good work ...point being... No integrity ...no business
Yikes! Hope the dealer treats you better than the tire shop.

gave up and dropped her off at ford where they say a correct pcm is on way where they will program for i have replaced all coils plugs boots etc just had wrong pcm in it? and not a penny over 200$? i doubt but we will see because coils i can do computer sh!# i cannot..

image.jpg
image.jpg

Replaced my luggage lid latch ....stealer ship wanted $166 I went to a pick a pull bought the Latch for $50 and installed it myself for free ... After looking at the existing latch I just took out I see that Ford/Lincoln put a gray plastic coating over internal metal latching components ...why they did this? My guess so when the trunk closes it's quieter... Anyway I see now that the actual plastic might have been jammed up into eternal mechanism so If I remove all plastic off the latching components this luggage Lid Latch part will work just fine...live and learn ...

image.jpg

Just ordered an new balancer. Simply not willing to push the existing one any further.

Such nice looking wheels Rollin... are you going to get low? were you able to salvage the eibachs from the gen 1 ?
Can’t lower it with the new wheels. Rears would rub BADLY. I was able to salvage the Eibachs off my 2000.

Can’t lower it with the new wheels. Rears would rub BADLY. I was able to salvage the Eibachs off my 2000.
yeah it looks good enough to be honest, I still keep your comment in the wheel fitment sticky thread in mind when you said you said you feel every bump and speed bumps or pot holes ( not verbatim ) are not your friend lol..
I wonder if my eibachs will give me any issues, I cant remember if Manny had eibachs on when he had the same 19 inch jag wheels? the LSE gen 1 skirts give an illusion of the car being lower in my opinion so i need to get a set.

Had a new windshield installed today. Drove through a debris field on the interstate last week, I think it once had been a sofa.
Fortunately only damage was the windshield.

Over the past week or so... dealt with a dying battery (Tested CCA @ 127) and no Low Beam HL or Fog lights (all lights worked one night, all four dead next evening.) Discovered HL switch was coming apart in the back as one of the clip loops was broke off, replaced HL switch with new factory unit.
Replaced the battery yesterday (free from dealer, even though it was 8mo out of free replacement) along with both Silverstar Ultra headlamps and Silverstar Fog lamps after discover thing that ALL four lights apparently blew out at the same exact time (2 were only 1-3 months old, LH DIM & RH Fog)

Hopefully I'll be able to get to the Balancer replacement this weekend.

Installed on new fan pump actuator today and washed the pollen off the car. We get loads of pollen in Atlanta GA. I looked at the recent pictures of the newer V6 engine bay, very nice. A big improvement over the 01V6.

Finally starting to get some "nice" weather out here in Vancouver so I thought I would get a head start on the spring cleaning and get cracking on my engine bay. I used a all purpose cleaner and a dedicated brush to break up all the grime on a square foot area at a time, I then rinsed off the aggegated soap and grime and wiped up any excess water with a micro fiber towl. I then used some Meguiars Ultimate Polish with a applicator/light cutting pad. It brought some life back into my engine bay. Im still looking for ways to get rid of all the white dust on my intake manifold from having moisture under the hood over the winter.

View attachment 828568835

View attachment 828568836

View attachment 828568837really nicely done, your V6 is a vast improvement over the 01V6.

View attachment 828568838

Replaced the DCCV... tired, hands hurt. hate the engineer that designated that small space to house it. That is all!! Lol

What I did for my LS Taday.. Bought A 2nd Set of Gen1 Two Tone Tails
Full Euro Set
Full Jap Set
Also bought Euro License plate trim for the Euro lights.

20180426_154151_0.jpg

20180224_144559.jpg

Just got my 00 LS Sport. NEVER been washed in TEN years. I have rubbed it down 10 times, once professionally.
Today got a clay bar, and BOOM, paint and glass feels smooth and not like braille. A pure gloss will manifest..

Members online

Back