What did you do to your LS today?

Thanks. I took off the rear emblem and managed to scratch some of the silver/chrome at part of the logo.

Any tips on fixing that? Hobby store chrome paint with a tiny brush?

IMG_5148.JPG

Redid my whole cooling system. New thermostat/housing, new water pump, new degas bottle also. The rest of the plumbing was good. Also did a tune up, new plugs and coils. Updated the interior lighting to a more modern vibe. To say I bought this 03 v8 from an old lady for a thousand bucks I've really given it a new life.

Got the adjustable flex-a-lite fan controller mounted and wiring done. It's controlling a V6 LS factory fan. Constant power for the fan I tapped in at the starter with an inline fuse. Power for the controller was tapped from the main feed line to the fuse box under the hood. Mounted the controller on the side of the ABS bracket. The temp probe is just over from the inlet tube area of the radiator. Haven't got to test yet as I'm still awaiting the upper coolant tube and a inch pound torque wrench for the cam bearing cap bolts. She is basically put together though.

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

0048AF67-CD35-4A1B-AD36-D3E911CE6A8C.jpeg
40195517-5021-4D28-9FFC-BA6477C9A7C9.jpeg
8883CC0B-B0E9-4A0E-8C75-1C38DD9732AC.jpeg
7B8C0FC6-3059-4BD7-9921-7E2492438D50.jpeg
676F93F6-8B36-4957-BBE3-8382832AF17E.jpeg
This weekends project was my own design and customization of a heat shield for my Cold air Intake System. I also plan on customizing a plastic pipe tube that will bring air from behind the front grill up into the air filter...I will show pictures of finished mod best part is this will eliminate the use of power from battery if I would’ve went with a cheesy fan turbo they’re trying to sell...instead this will be totally green and all I need is the wind from driving...

Got the adjustable flex-a-lite fan controller mounted and wiring done. It's controlling a V6 LS factory fan. Constant power for the fan I tapped in at the starter with an inline fuse. Power for the controller was tapped from the main feed line to the fuse box under the hood. Mounted the controller on the side of the ABS bracket. The temp probe is just over from the inlet tube area of the radiator. Haven't got to test yet as I'm still awaiting the upper coolant tube and a inch pound torque wrench for the cam bearing cap bolts. She is basically put together though.

View attachment 828567306

View attachment 828567307

View attachment 828567308

View attachment 828567309
She came out nice my friend

Engine finally assembled from a total timing chain upgrade and fan pump delete. Runs like a champ. Going for a more robust PWM fan controller than the one pictured earlier & she is ready for the road again.

20171017_181720.jpg

Engine finally assembled from a total timing chain upgrade and fan pump delete. Runs like a champ. Going for a more robust PWM fan controller than the one pictured earlier & she is ready for the road again.

View attachment 828567458
Looks great! Yet it’s strange not seeing the Engine cooling fan fluid reservoir...the engine compartment looks like night and day from earlier pictures. Very clean indeed

I had the pleasure of changing the alternator last night. Despite everyone saying the biggest problem was getting the alternator to fit through the hole underneath it, the only thing that really held me up was the top bolt. The wires running right next to it wouldn't let me get a socket it onto it., but a little bit of man-handling and I got the wires out of the way and was able to drop the alternator with minimal frustration

If anyone was wondering if they should pull the oil pan after a timing chain tensioner failure..do so. I would after 150,000 anyway. Also pull the pickup tube and wash it and the pan with brake cleaner and use comprssed air to clean the pickup tube screen. Grab a new gasket and paint the pan while out as well.

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

Put a degas bottle in. Whoop-dee-do.

Re above oil pan post - yeah when I tore down my 200,000 mile V6 recently I had to clean the oil pan and tube screen. No tensioner break but still some stuff round. Not bad at all really considering the age.
Sad that the V8 has plastic tensioners? V6 are metal.

Last edited:
While waiting on other parts I finally got around to pulling the instrument cluster to change out the blown airbag bulb and get rid of the annoying 5 chimes x 5 warning beeps. It's located at LP20 on the circuit board.

20171104_134112.jpg

Added some clear park lamps and some glossy black door pillar post covers. This made a huge difference. These were not only faded badly but one side had small dents as if someone had punched it. Ultra glossy and reflective.

20171110_120424.jpg

20171110_125854[1].jpg

20171110_120508[1].jpg

20171110_120610.jpg

Last edited:
I had a new windshield installed today to replace the 15 year old glass.... Talk about night and day difference!!

Ceramic brake pads and then changed out the clock spring a couple days ago.

Keeping her rolling!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Found some folding mirrors on the cheap. Have one painted and cleared using 12oz rattle can base/clear that matches cars paint code. I used 4 coats base & 6 coats clear. 2006 grille on the way to get the same treatment.

1.jpg

20171115_223117.jpg

2.jpg

I was interested in doing that mirror mod to my 04. Is it a plug and play? What year is your car?

Mine is a GEN 1 2000. They plug in but if I want the puddle lamps I'll need to jump a wire from the door lamps. All Gen 2 cars should be direct plug and play.

Members online

Back