What did you do to your LS today?

Oh, V8 price is $60 less than V6 price. What's up with that?
MOTORCRAFT YG355 {#XW4Z18495AA, YW4H18495AA} Info

prevIMGbig.png

XW4Z18495AA-ANG__ra_t.jpg

nextIMGbig.png

$143.79

Replacing upper control arms, front sway bars, replacing old ball joints with Moog problem solvers, and shock mount kit due to the fact I snapped a bolt taking shock out to get at the upper control arm bolts with more ease....Rigs told me this might happen and he was right ...

IMG_2071.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

Last edited:
While waiting on parts to swap the timing chain out, pulled the intake and thermostat housing. Replacing housing with the aluminum Jaguar version and spray dyed the intake, painted the fuel rail. and installed new Felpro intake seals. Also swapped out a cracked injector found during disassembly. It was the only one and most likely happened with some water in the gas during a very cold winter. Two years ago we got a -14 for 2 nights. Also painted the engine block and cover. Spray dye is only way to go restore the plastics.

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2076.JPG
Replaced Factory intake with a Short Ram Cold Intake system eBay special but at least my car can breathe. I'm still deciding if I want to customize the factory engine cover. Never really cared for engine covers though

While waiting on parts to swap the timing chain out, pulled the intake and thermostat housing. Replacing housing with the aluminum Jaguar version and spray dyed the intake, painted the fuel rail. and installed new Felpro intake seals. Also swapped out a cracked injector found during disassembly. It was the only one and most likely happened with some water in the gas during a very cold winter. Two years ago we got a -14 for 2 nights. Also painted the engine block and cover. Spray dye is only way to go restore the plastics.

View attachment 828567205

View attachment 828567206

View attachment 828567207

View attachment 828567208

View attachment 828567209
The paint looks great! I just did the S-Type T-Stat housing also it's so nice having less plastic on the cooling system ....you do very nice work my friend...

View attachment 828567205

View attachment 828567206

View attachment 828567207

View attachment 828567208

View attachment 828567209
Are those the. Euro headlight assemblies on your car?

Are those the. Euro headlight assemblies on your car?

No, I swapped those over from a 2003 V6. They are a thread a few posts back showing that. I called them HID's , but they are halogen actually. They just look so much better. I painted the front and rear chrome body color and dyed the grille as its a more rich flat black color than paint. Doing the wiper arms this way is best too. Its durable as hell as well. Weather stripping restored using this too, but LOTS of masking involved. Refurbished the wheels and went with a slightly darker Ford Argent silver.

IMG_0331.JPG

3.jpg

IMG_0455[1].jpg

No, I swapped those over from a 2003 V6. They are a thread a few posts back showing that. I called them HID's , but they are halogen actually. They just look so much better. I painted the front and rear chrome body color and dyed the grille as its a more rich flat black color than paint. Doing the wiper arms this way is best too. Its durable as hell as well. Weather stripping restored using this too, but LOTS of masking involved. Refurbished the wheels and went with a slightly darker Ford Argent silver.

View attachment 828567217

View attachment 828567218

View attachment 828567219
Wow! That's a clean ride! I need a whole new paint job on my car and I'm still pricing around to see the best deal with professionalism, thinking the black cherry metallic would be nice on the 2001, a thousand pardons on the headlights I do remember you posting that now that you refreshed my memory....sucks getting old ...:)

Can you expound a bit more about the engine cover?What's the deal with this cover is this a modified factory or aftermarket? Very nice indeed!

Last edited:
Bought it and joined the forum!

2003 w/27k on the Dash!

Bought it Friday and had the windows tinted Saturday.

Last picture is with 15% Tint.

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5951.JPG

IMG_5953.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5956.JPG

IMG_5960.JPG

New chain kit on today. Check out the busted up tensioners and guides.

20171003_122521.jpg

20171003_124226.jpg

What type of paint did you use for the grille? What black dye did you use? I have a 2004 LS V8 in pearl white and want to paint the chrome grille to match the paint. I'd love to have a McLaren grill but what you did with the black really looks great!!!

What type of paint did you use for the grille? What black dye did you use? I have a 2004 LS V8 in pearl white and want to paint the chrome grille to match the paint. I'd love to have a McLaren grill but what you did with the black really looks great!!!

Can get it at Autozone. Flat black cap

20171002_180022.jpg

For the wipers...did you do them too? I would think one would want to remove the arms rather than try and paint them on the car, no?

Looks good. You plasti-dip the chrome trim around the windows. It would look great on your white LS.

Looks good. You plasti-dip the chrome trim around the windows. It would look great on your white LS.

I thought about dyeing those as well but like the subtly chrome. I may change my mind later esp if I pull the rain guards off.

For the wipers...did you do them too? I would think one would want to remove the arms rather than try and paint them on the car, no?

Yes, I did the arms too. Just take them off..clean, and take some 400 grit wet sand, clean again, dry, hang, and spray.

I eliminated the fan pump so needed a shortened belt. A 100 inch belt works fine. I used a Dayco 5061000 Replace the top smooth idler with a ribbed LS V6 idler, but retain the longer bolt from the 3.9 idler, and belt routing goes smoothly.

View attachment 828567280

IMG_0505[1].jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I eliminated the fan pump so needed a shortened belt. A 100 inch belt works fine. I used a Dayco 5061000 Replace the top smooth idler with a ribbed LS V6 idler, but retain the longer bolt from the 3.9 idler, and belt routing goes smoothly. Now i need to pull them and get them cleaned and painted.

View attachment 828567280
As a heads up, I had to replace my V8 harmonic balancer. Evidently, they have plastic parts on the inside. From the dealership, the part cost was upwards of $1500. $270 at Rockauto.

Members online

Back