What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Bought my baby a companion, I call em' parts cars within her earshot.

A near cherry 87 Suzuki Samurai. Now I will get the parts, no matter the weather. ;) Lay under it for a while staring at near total accessibility, not what I'm used to.

sold my Ivory 96 today, was sad to watch it drive away...maybe I'll finally get a gen 2 after I move from Ga to NC

Picked up a new engine a couple of days ago. Checking things out on it today. IMG_20141231_133006.jpg

IMG_20141231_133006.jpg

I'm picking up a '97 and still have a complete '96 sitting on an engine stand in the my garage too.

Discovered you can buy the headlight clips at the "Help" section, auto parts store.

New Kumho tires are running well, from TireRack.com.

Bought Motorcraft 5-20 and filter from Wallyworld.

Installed my SCT 6600 chip yesterday. Got the cord & switch in the mail last night. Going down to install that in a few minutes.

Haven't put the tune to the test but boy is it nice to shift into OD at 45 instead of 35 at normal throttle, lol.

I am investigating problems with the VCRM. Locating the part on the car and finding a replacement.

Installed lowering springs (vogtland 1.6" drop) on the rear and attempted to finish my complete rebuild of the front end suspension but couldn't get my new stainless strut bushing sleeve to slide on the passenger side strut rod so I'm at a bit of a standstill.

Installed lowering springs (vogtland 1.6" drop) on the rear and attempted to finish my complete rebuild of the front end suspension but couldn't get my new stainless strut bushing sleeve to slide on the passenger side strut rod so I'm at a bit of a standstill.

pics or it didn't happen (before/after)

The low temps had caused my drivers door to become a jar. I sprayed it with WD-40, my silicone spray won't spray, so that is another day. It (cold weather) also caused me to need to pull down a little grey arm and zip tie it to a wire bundle. Figured I should also pull the radio and see if I could fix the weak output on the passenger side 75% of the time. No go, still happening, swapped in a second amp, wiggled wires and bypassed the added harness for the dealer installed cd changer, and no go. I did swap in an on/off/volume switch that will turn off, thinking maybe the sweeper or contacts in it might be causing issues. Guess I will look for a teal no clock cassette deck with the p100 connector in the junk yard. There are some NOS and reman'ed ones but at the price point might as well go aftermarket.

Also kept miles off of it by driving my Grand Marquis. Was within 400 miles of an oil change, but decided to let it ride and watch consumption. A little more than I had hoped, but for a 261,000 mile car, not totally unexpected.

259,400 miles on car, 4,700 miles since last oil change. 1 pint down, still can see through the oil:
16083506225_9cfa6d36ee_b.jpg

260,062 miles, 300 miles past normal oil change interval, not as clear, and close to 1 1/2 pints from "full":
15961430620_e2d4724339_b.jpg

261,172 miles, 1300(ish) over 5k oil change. Not clear at all, at add dot. Guess I will change the oil. This covers Christmas eve up to yesterday. Usually car gets ~500 city miles a week. This was 1700 interstate miles, pretty hard miles with me driving. Most people it would be easy miles, but elevation changes (60 feet BELOW sea level to 3200 and back twice) 30-40 mph head and side winds, passing people and an average speed of over 80 mph.
16178133675_156c4cf10a_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is a sweet ride!

edit: OMG I finally get back to the neighborhood and screw up immediately. That was a response to an ancient post, lol

Dusted off the snow and scraped about 1/8" worth of ice off of it. Also routed the block heater wire through the grill for the upcoming freeze.

Today I received and installed a VCRM in my 96 Mark VIII. I want to thank all of you for you assistance. Mike your help was greatly appreciated. I will become a full pledge member of LVC.

Went to the Junkyard to pick some parts off this Mark VIII. Never seen a Ivory with Black interior.
photo3_zpsb6a5f08b.jpg
photo4_zpsf75f112a.jpg
photo5_zps6ee24032.jpg

photo3_zpsb6a5f08b.jpg

photo4_zpsf75f112a.jpg

photo5_zps6ee24032.jpg

Broke the tab or hook from the thumb buttom for the center console door.

Can use a new black one of these or possibly even two if anyone has any spares they can get rid of.

PM me if you do. Thanks.

Sorry if the picture is big. Can't tell with the phone.

IMG_20150106_141712_875.jpg

IMG_20150106_141712_875.jpg

Blizzak's.jpgGot the wife some new shoes for the 95, in case she gets caught in the snow. Never had 4 snow tires on a car. Can't wait to give it a test.

Blizzak's.jpg

Well, the small strip didn't work out so i went full strip. Now a little environmental testing and experiments on which setup will be best... Sneak peek

IMG_20150107_192444.jpg

Looks good. Now since you are in Florida as I am, mine next. Tired of that dead spot in between my tail lights. (Neon no work)

Well, the small strip didn't work out so i went full strip. Now a little environmental testing and experiments on which setup will be best... Sneak peek

It's not fun I'll tell you that much. But if you can snatch a pair of lenses without cracking them it's doable. 1100 leds and i have four individual strips and i still am debating how i want the turning/braking/parking lamps. I'm wondering how the leds will hold up after years. Btw they are very bright without the dimmer. It's about four times brighter in full. Using less amps then before still...

There are more of us than I thought
93mkviii - looks good, i am jealous for sure!

Members online

Back