What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

It's time again to replace the Strut Rod Bushings. NAPA bushings lasted 5 years, going with OEM while they are still available.
Also have the sleeve and washer kit from 98Lincmk7lsc.

Starting to look at tires, if anyone has suggestions.

What kind of driving do you do? I put Michelin primacy's on 2 of my cars, and I love them for handling, and the ride. I have a cabinet to store tires in that has a magnet latch. Had 4-5 different brand tires in it, and latch worked. Put the primacy's in and door wouldn't close. A little extra rubber on them I guess. In my garage I have holes drilled in the floor, to insert a long bolt to keep ramps from sliding. When not being used I drop a carriage bolt in them to keep dirt out. these tires will grip it and pull the bolt out. No other tire has ever done this. Nice and quiet on the freeway. Still using orginal size 16"

Would need more information on driving style, environment, how many miles you drive, etc to suggest tires. There are some decent middle of the road do everything okay tires, and ones that match a specific use.

What works well for me (any max performance/ultra high performance summer tire) because I rarely drive in rain, only do about 7000 miles a year, drive aggressively, would be different from someone that drives 20,000 miles, drives in rain and snow, wants comfort over performance feel, quiet ride, etc.

I can't do anything under A temp or A traction, most 400-600 tread wear rating tires will degrade before I wear them out, and the tread just cracks and chunks off.

The Mark is my second vehicle and maybe 6-7000 miles a year. Occasional rain and light snow.
Normal driving Habits here, not hitting the drag strip with it.
I do have the suspension braces welded on, and looking for a quite ride and a tire that compliments the Marks handling.
$120 range for each.

Pulled the 4.30 limited slip differential out of the Chameleon car, in favor of a 3.27 limited slip differential. 4.30 diff is going up for sale. I'll post an ad in the for sale section, if anyone is interested let me know.

snowman.jpgsno-tro.jpgHad to move the 97 a few feet to make room for my little friend

snowman.jpg

sno-tro.jpg

Just got my Mark VIII last week, pulling heads because it has a blown head gasket. I am going to put new main and rod bearings in while it is down.

Man, at over an inch in diameter, that would be perfect for them!

Here's another clue, although I know that you know what they are Eric....

image.jpg

image.jpg

I want two of those!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, from my family to yours!

Not sure I want to guess and be right (or wrong) but are those coolant crossover fill plugs?

The OEM one with the 1/4 drive hole is nuts! I only successfully removed 1 of them in 8 tries, and that one is the one installed on my car. All the junk yard ones were corroded one, one I did get off with vice grips.

I had to install a two trumpet air horn system due to a broken replacement clock spring. The wheel seemed really stiff turning into a parking lot. One more turn, I heard a pop and the air bad light started flashing and the horn would not work again. Removed the cigarette lighter, and using it as a ground, hooked up a switch in the empty space, wired the relay and fused line and now I can stop old people from plowing into me and folks sitting in front of me texting.

Drove mine in the rain today. Gonna be much more fun when I get that limited slip in there though.

GD it, another clockspring! Jesus. Cruise has been inop for a little bit now and thought it was broken as the horn has remained working. Today I got a breif airbag flash but was unable to replicate it. Assuming it's the cs as i've had this happen before..

My original column/clockspring lasted 140k, this column has about 95k. I'm just sick of these things, i'll be doing the elec tape mod for the time being as it won't get touched until spring.

What's funny is that I had to pull back on a potential sale of my spare a couple weeks back in fear that one day I'd regret it..

Edit: Yup, good ol' code 32.

Last edited:
Compression tested my engine today:

1- 140
2- 150
3- 145
4- 140
5- 149
6- 155
7- 153
8- 149

Members online