What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Hey guys im new here. i am wondering if anyone here has replaced all the lights in a 96 mark viii with led ones. interior and tail lights and if they had a list off lights and sizes for the interior lights. thanks

Do a search in this forum for led interior lights, and I'm sure something will come up. Several people on here have swapped in led's. If that doesn't work try a google search of the same thing. Is this Noah?

How long did it take to get finished? I am at the point where i cannot put it off any longer. MPG -13, with new plugs and clean intake. Capt. Hook? Thanks for a terrifying mental picture.
Took about 3-4 yrs. I jacked up front to work under it, used a long narrow screwdriver to hold down connector tab to separate connector. Then disconnected exhaust from manifold and otherside of resonator. Used a 22 mm combo wrench to remove pass o2, for the driver side your space is limited but can be done.

8 degrees in the middle of November? I really hope this isn't a sign as to what's coming!
She started up fine this morning after sitting all weekend but did die when put into reverse. Started right back up and was fine on the way to work.

My friend didn't have a chance to replace the ps line, maybe next weekend.

help car got me stumped

They're actually not as bad as they look :D But they do need a little polishing.

sorry this has nothing to do with thread. I have no Idea how to naivigate the site but you have been helpful in the past. I have had a long standing intermittent problem with a code coming on seems primarily in reverse.

Code for check traction control and gear sensor ( or something, wrote it down can't find) the engine pulsates / surges and dies. In most cases it will reluctantly start and run. I have tried first turning key to on position and disengaging traction control, no good. The last time it left me stranded the shop said the diagnostic machine was recieving no information from the control box.and was not communicating with the car.
I got a used box and everything ok. Till recently same problem and now no start turns over but nothing ( crank sensor replaced a while back just to make sure) I know the traction control does funky things to retard the engine.I even replace the shift sensor a while back thinking that was the problem . I believe I cleaned gears in back when doing breaks but can check again. Daily driver 162k and making me crazy. Dont want to put her down yet. Any suggestions out there?

May it have a good sleep

Thanks, I certainly hope so. Though, she normally comes out of hibernation quite nicely. The springs didn't even leak down last winter. :O I want it to be May already, thinking about driving it is really not cutting it.

Thanks, I certainly hope so. Though, she normally comes out of hibernation quite nicely. The springs didn't even leak down last winter. :O I want it to be May already, thinking about driving it is really not cutting it.
You need one for winter fun. I have 3 hibernating, and 2 DD's ready to go. When the weather is bad I use my 4X4, wife wont drive in snow. I hung an ele pressure washer near the garage door, and when I get home I hose the car/trk down, to get all the crap they put on the road off. I'm already waiting for spring.

Enjoying winter fun in the snow and my bald tires. Was gonna buy a set for myself as a Xmas present to myself. Looks like it might need to be a thanksgiving present for myself.

It's been over a year since I've seen a CEL on either of my Marks, I knew I was overdue...threw a P1443 this morning, 'evap ctrl valve' is what my Xcal tells me....cleared it and it's yet to come back yet...driven about 15 miles, 4 re-starts....feedback?

It's been over a year since I've seen a CEL on either of my Marks, I knew I was overdue...threw a P1443 this morning, 'evap ctrl valve' is what my Xcal tells me....cleared it and it's yet to come back yet...driven about 15 miles, 4 re-starts....feedback?

I dropped the evap canister and solenoid from under the trunk, pulled apart the solenoid and the vent hose, and found it was a mess. The screen and one way rubber valve was completely blocked, I cleaned it up and reinstalled it and no more p1443.

On my 97 Cougar I had to replace both of those parts, the solenoid and the purge valve (and some very rotted out hose) to get rid of that code.

My old gal is leaking everywhere. First I thought it was all due to the ps line, now I think it's either the opsu or pan gasket. It's going up on the lift tomorrow so I'll have a better idea if I end up keeping her or going for that STS. They aren't horrible leaks by any stretch but they are leaving spots.

The cold (<15) has also caused her to shake n' shudder on cold starts and barely stays running when put in reverse. Have to let her sit a couple minutes before I attempt any type of movement..

Oh yeah, that whole cruise control thing too.

It's going to be a long winter..

I've been busy and haven't had a chance to post.

Last week I'd been in contact with Geno from Lincoln Motorsports and ended up purchasing an exhaust kit from him.

Thursday, I had my exhaust done at a shop near my job. 2.5" cat back with true mid double X pipe and some insanely sexy looking stainless double tipped mufflers out back. She sounds like a WHOLE different car. I'm in absolute love with the sound. It feels like driving a whole new car.

Curiously what did that kit cost?

It was $299 plus shipping.

IMAG0085.jpgIMAG0086.jpgIMAG0087.jpgIMAG0096.jpgIMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

My old gal is leaking everywhere. First I thought it was all due to the ps line, now I think it's either the opsu or pan gasket. It's going up on the lift tomorrow so I'll have a better idea if I end up keeping her or going for that STS. They aren't horrible leaks by any stretch but they are leaving spots.

The cold (<15) has also caused her to shake n' shudder on cold starts and barely stays running when put in reverse. Have to let her sit a couple minutes before I attempt any type of movement..

Oh yeah, that whole cruise control thing too.

It's going to be a long winter..

Ps line and 3 year old (<20k) opsu fixed.

P.s. Don't buy Borg Warner (bwd) opsu's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back