What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Replaced a vacuum hose, filled up the tires and then got sad when I looked at what the winter has done thus far to my D. side rocker.

Installed new water pump into the Mark VIII and a front u-joint into my Samurai.

The Lincoln. Hands down the easiest thing I ever fixed on my Mark VIII. My Samurai's tiny u-joints required more smack to undo than any other u-joint I've done. I've done a lot of u-joints.

Blizzak's.jpgDrove my wife to work in the 95 with the new BLIZZAK's. Left the 4X4 home. I was amazed, these tires do what they claim. Handled almost as good as my 4X4. If you drive in the snow, I would recommend these tires. Yesterday we had another foot of snow.

Blizzak's.jpg

You monster. My baby stays in her shelter looking at the snow with disdain and my Suzuki goes wherever it wants.

After one episode getting her back in the shelter, after maybe 2" of snow, I decided she would not go out in it. We are both pleased. We have had about 4" all year and are now into pure 'wet coast' weather with temperatures from 45 - 50, pretty well steady rain, and it's been like this since Dec.

View attachment 828471411Drove my wife to work in the 95 with the new BLIZZAK's. Left the 4X4 home. I was amazed, these tires do what they claim. Handled almost as good as my 4X4. If you drive in the snow, I would recommend these tires. Yesterday we had another foot of snow.

Thats what i run on my 95 they are an awesome tire.
just dont leave them on long as the wether warms they will disappear fast.

You monster. My baby stays in her shelter looking at the snow with disdain and my Suzuki goes wherever it wants.

After one episode getting her back in the shelter, after maybe 2" of snow, I decided she would not go out in it. We are both pleased. We have had about 4" all year and are now into pure 'wet coast' weather with temperatures from 45 - 50, pretty well steady rain, and it's been like this since Dec.
I have 5 MK VIII's, 2 in heated storage, 1 in cold storage, 1 wifes DD, and just 1 out in the cold weather. I treat them all as good as I can, I just have 2 too many.

I have 5 MK VIII's, 2 in heated storage, 1 in cold storage, 1 wifes DD, and just 1 out in the cold weather. I treat them all as good as I can, I just have 2 too many.
You are well endowed with Mark VIIIs alright. I only have one and I keep her for highway use pretty well exclusively, and only when it's reasonable. New Konis going on the back in a day or two.

A new ignition cylinder graces the steering column now. Finally the key broke in the old one that the black part of it would turn in full circles without the key in ignition. Not sure how the key broke to begin with. I was pretty irate because I was stuck in my own driveway which necessitated 2 new rear tires the following day. Gave the Mark a little love. Getting to be the time to order the new header for the CBR I was graced with this winter!

replaced my front grille with a CE grille...I had to paint it b/c the 98 pearl white is different than the 97 opal....looks good im in love with it. Also replaced my air ride compressor b/c ill be putting my air suspension back on in a few days.

10959457_10205286679953747_8809818588020168915_n_zpseabb4ea7.gif

10987446_10205286938120201_3980128790644401767_n_zps7dc2b4ef.gif

10982042_10205288744045348_5851147281364318439_n_zpsea6aaefd.gif

1907459_10205289023492334_6577170684382807434_n_zps39477a6c.gif

10955739_10205287782021298_1647784638899209404_n_zps2177751b.gif

10376920_10205289018132200_1362478880862433173_n_zps6de91706.gif

1901160_10205294694754112_767589768602506620_n_zpsf1b5f68e.gif

mark0101 - are you sure the fan is running all the time? It took a few months for me to pin point an overheating issue. My fan would run intermittently, fun tracking that down! Fan shrouds are hard to find, stealership told me impossible. The motor was easy to find and not too much $$, and is easy to replace. I got a new fan motor, popped out the rivets in the old shroud and installed a new fan motor - didn't over heat again. Also, remove and eyeball the connectors to make sure they are are still good. Hope it helps

fordnut - good job ; )

Today was cleaning day, washed Tux and Pearl inside and out and put two gallons of gas in Sthl and let her run for 20 minutes...the glue on the air bag finally gave, but it put up a good fight and held up for about a week!

Tux - 96 LSC
Sthl - 95 LSC
Pearl - 95 LSC
all three are black on black on black and yes, the 95's are LSC's true dual and seats prove it along with monochrome molding
MsM8

mark0101 - are you sure the fan is running all the time? It took a few months for me to pin point an overheating issue. My fan would run intermittently, fun tracking that down! Fan shrouds are hard to find, stealership told me impossible. The motor was easy to find and not too much $$, and is easy to replace. I got a new fan motor, popped out the rivets in the old shroud and installed a new fan motor - didn't over heat again. Also, remove and eyeball the connectors to make sure they are are still good. Hope it helps

Yeah the fan is running, it didn't run twice while I was doing my "diagnosis" but that could have been that it didn't reach temp yet. I have replaced almost everything in the cooling system. When I get time, I will get one of those kits that tells you if you have a HG problem. As of now, it is a parts car for me. I still have 3 Mark VIIIs so if anything ever goes wrong with them, I got a perfect Mark VIII in the back to take parts off one. I am not Markless, just one Mark short.

Right now I am looking at 03+ Town cars, specifically the L series. I tried other cars but they just don't give me a good feeling. So far I know I like Lincoln Mark VIIIs, Town Car, Cadillac Seville, Deville and 11+ Ford mustang 5.0. Something about them that just makes me feel good.

Lownslowlsc, I remember you saying that you liked the Cadillac STS and that is what you would replace your Mark VIII with. I test drove one, it is just too euro styling for me. There was a Cadillac Deville right next to it, I sat in that and I felt right at home. IDK why I like the classic big plush american car but I know I like them lol.

Well, to all the 98 lincoln mark viii owners.... I not only found my blend door actuator plastic arm broke, the actuator itself did not cycle.... but all is well... I zip tied it and now I got heat/ac when I want... I just have to move the door =(

I dropped my car off Thursday at my mechanic to have the oil pan gasket replaced. He got busy and didn't get to touch it until Friday. I ended up going up there Saturday to offer a hand helping him do the job, he already had the K-Member dropped. We thought it would be a couple hours tops. What a DAY! We literally sat there working on it from 11am till 8:00pm. Non stop. We got everything up pretty quickly but we got stuck on the passenger side motor mount. We had to stop for the night and I went back today to help. One of the members informed me about the need to cut the bottom bolt of the mount in order for it to drop down far enough for the bottom bolt to hole to match up with the K-Member....which was exactly the probably. Thank God for him because we had no idea and my mechanic said he's never encountered that before on a car.

Ended up having a completely messed up driver side motor mount (I had him change both), high pressure power steering hose was leaking like crazy (FINALLY FOUND THAT DAMN LEAK!) so we replaced that hose. Replaced my front sway bar bushings and the rag joint with the stainless one, provided by Jay, while I was in there.

Alignment scheduled for tomorrow morning early. As of now, WOW, she feels great. Feels like she's not even running while stopped. So much better then the damn rattling sound because of the vibration.

You back to driving your Mark, J?

Received one of Jays headlight retrofit kits this week and will be installing it this weekend some time. Taking the car in Monday for the Cruise Control recall notice compliance.

You back to driving your Mark, J?

Received one of Jays headlight retrofit kits this week and will be installing it this weekend some time. Taking the car in Monday for the Cruise Control recall notice compliance.

Yeah, I'm back on the road. She's running great, smooth. Don't think there's anything leaking anywhere anymore lol.

Today, with the help of Jay Richmond's HID kit, I converted my 96LSC headlights. After looking at several post about headlights I saw Jay's post with the instructions. I bought it on sight. I have lights tonight. Thanks Jay, and to my fellow Mark VIII owners this system is a simple to install, good quality, good price, good system.

I was wondering about the headlights, since I cannot find new headlight assemblys, im going to have to fix and repair/upgrade the ones i got! Only thing is each of them have a broken mounting bracket inside... thinking about making a metal bracket, and just glue, and making new ones on my own! But..... im afraid of opening up the headlight housing myself and getting new bulbs, and upgrading them to better lights?! possibly like the bmws mwith the round projection? anyhow let me know what you think..... I want to make mine better.... all ive done to them so far is use some of the off road fog out spray to make them look lesss foggy so they are kinda tinted.... other then that... so let me know thanks.

got 4 new skins for this slippery white stuff here in Raleigh NC; 235/55/17.....the Ecsta AST's went where they belonged, in the garbage container

Did the blend door on the Silver Mark VIII. AC compressor and drier replaced on 02 Town Car. Bought a 05 Town Car to replace my Mark VIII. Busy week so far.IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Did nothing.

Started making a list for Spring fixin'.

- Cut a pair of rear standard height T-bird sport springs to replace the lowered set, one of which had a half coil break off.
- Replace a hood strut. Had one go bad last winter when opening it in cold weather, same happened this year to the other.
- Do something with the hole in the rocker that's getting bigger and bigger each year. It'll be a hack job, my main objective is to close the hole while also making it look ok. I'm NOT going to do it "the right way"...Not worth it.
- Replace the Clockspring...Again.

I've accumulated all the parts over the years so I won't need to purchase anything. Yay for that! ;)

As for cleaning, just the normal top to bottom like I do every spring.

- Rinse undercarriage
- Thorough wash of the exterior including jambs.
- Interior vacuuming, wash carpet, condition leather and wipe down panels and windows.
- Polish headlights
- Remove winter 20 spokes and re-install summer 20 spokes. Hit em with a bit of polish too.
-Remove winter mats for summer mats
- Touch-up any bruises

The interior stays pretty spotless in the winter so it doesn't need that much attention. The outside is another story..

Members online

No members online now.
Back