What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Usually this means they currently don't have one in stock, and instead of close the listing and relist it later, they put the price at something that no one in their right mind would spend. They changed the price 11/20.

Sometimes this is done when the seller isn't going to be around to ship something out.

what he said.
cheaper than relisting probably.

Door lock actuators don't like the cold. She's makin' all sorts of new noises this year. :(

drove it a bunch. about 100 miles today. through snow and ice. about 18 degrees all day. car didn't care, just slid around a little!

Drove it, on the interstate, for more than 10 minutes, at faster than 45 mph. I rarely go over 60 mph and never drive it for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Felt good, averaged 26 mpg at ~80mph, then the check engine light came on, and I averaged 21 mpg. Need to pull the codes, and it is likely a vacuum leak or unmetered air leak, I hear a hissing.

Also need to fix oil leak, as it smells like burning oil after 300 miles of interstate driving (looks like it is the oil filter adapter, previous owner installed the oil filter with an impact wrench it seemed like, thinking it was the oil filter leaking).

Driving the heck outta my '95! Got the air suspension sorted out, dual exhaust installed, and shifter linkage fixed. She sounds awesome and the gas mileage went from 18.9 to 20.8 driving to Charlotte and back last night. I'll have some pics and vids up on YOuTube soon. Lovin it!!!

Replaced rear brakes last night with ceramic pads (that was an experience...didn't know you need a special tool LOL)
Cleaned the MAF sensor today, cleaned up the engine compartment and cleaned up the dash and door panels. Should probably go vacuum her out too but feeling really lazy today.

you need a brake piston compressor tool....I bought mines from Napa a few years ago...best investment that Ive ever done so far.

you need a brake piston compressor tool....I bought mines from Napa a few years ago...best investment that Ive ever done so far.

Got mine from Ebay way back in '04 or '05 I think?

Have put it to use quite a bit I must say :shifty:

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. The FB guys pointed me in the right direction and I rented one. I'm going to buy one shortly lol.

drove Tux, my 96 LSC....he hates water, snow, cold...and let me know the whole way by constantly reminding me he has 410 gears and is posi in his rear...I'm sitting in the house...I can hear the salt eating him...

Scraped off and started sthl, my 95 pictured a few posts above, she still purrs like the cat she is, and thanks to some super LVC hotties - she'll be back on the road!

smooches!

Got mine from Ebay way back in '04 or '05 I think?

Have put it to use quite a bit I must say :shifty:

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. The FB guys pointed me in the right direction and I rented one. I'm going to buy one shortly lol.

Everybody with a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury RWD vehicle with rear discs needs that tool. I bought mine back in the early 90's when I had my first '88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. It's still in my took box and I've made good use of it over the past couple of decades :D

Wow, That sucks Debi. I'm hope you were not hurt. I did not know that you had a 95 LSC

Poor car Looks repairable though.

Well Well Well....today, I again started and scrapped ice off of Sthl, (the wrecked 95). Girl runs perfect...cept the brakes...still don't understand how the brakes can be shot, pedal goes all the way to the floor, but not one drop of fluid dripping.

Hi Serg! Good to hear from you!! Prayers your doing well! No no permanent injuries, just really sore, hitting up a chiro to get things back in alignment. Let me tell ya - those air bags BLAST out.

The guy who sold her to me painted her deep metallic black cherry, her paint was pretty, well, in some places still is!

With the help of some pretty HOT LVC Hotties, she will be road worthy again!

Smooches !!

Well Well Well....today, I again started and scrapped ice off of Sthl, (the wrecked 95). Girl runs perfect...cept the brakes...still don't understand how the brakes can be shot, pedal goes all the way to the floor, but not one drop of fluid dripping.

Hi Serg! Good to hear from you!! Prayers your doing well! No no permanent injuries, just really sore, hitting up a chiro to get things back in alignment. Let me tell ya - those air bags BLAST out.

The guy who sold her to me painted her deep metallic black cherry, her paint was pretty, well, in some places still is!

With the help of some pretty HOT LVC Hotties, she will be road worthy again!

Smooches !!

if you was closer id bring my tools and help fix her

Oh, almost forgot, while going 70mph on the freeway in Tux, who is just HATING the cold, my boy decides he hates his air ride too....oh yeah.... I'm 10miles from my Drs appointment, do you know how long it takes to go 10 miles on the freeway with your hazards on 4" from the pavement...well it feels like an hour! I get to Dr's office get out look at him and the drivers side bags are EMPTY! Passenger side, trying to hold on, but wheels are in the wells too...

Go into apt., come back out...no, it wasn't a bad dream..still sucking pavement. I cycle him, nothing. Called AAA, they arrive in an hour, my boy played h e l l gettin on that flat bed...tow truck driver had to work hard to even find a way to get him hooked up he was so low. Then more fun gettin him down and backed into the garage. So now he is sitting half slumped over...in the garage....

how...how does this happen? How does one side go down? How do you have two Marks that run perfect, but ya cant drive em anywhere...HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!

Last week, Thing 2 (Chris, I forget his LVC name) and i replaced the front drivers side solenoid cause Tux kept going down...but he would always recover... Tux's air ran solid for a week, not one check air, spyder valve would let perfectly, he'd let again right on time...until today.

I did order 4 new selenoids...they were sitting on the porch when me and the tow driver pulled up...but I dont think its the sel.

HOW !?

I need a hug.

2013-12-09_15.34.40.jpg

-hug-... you should also get springs , just sayin' . Knock em if ya want , but a premium conversion cant be beat

That really bites. But if I remember correctly, you are a very strong person who snaps back with a vengeance. Hang in there.

Oh, almost forgot, while going 70mph on the freeway in Tux, who is just HATING the cold, my boy decides he hates his air ride too....oh yeah.... I'm 10miles from my Drs appointment, do you know how long it takes to go 10 miles on the freeway with your hazards on 4" from the pavement...well it feels like an hour! I get to Dr's office get out look at him and the drivers side bags are EMPTY! Passenger side, trying to hold on, but wheels are in the wells too...

Go into apt., come back out...no, it wasn't a bad dream..still sucking pavement. I cycle him, nothing. Called AAA, they arrive in an hour, my boy played h e l l gettin on that flat bed...tow truck driver had to work hard to even find a way to get him hooked up he was so low. Then more fun gettin him down and backed into the garage. So now he is sitting half slumped over...in the garage....

how...how does this happen? How does one side go down? How do you have two Marks that run perfect, but ya cant drive em anywhere...HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!

Last week, Thing 2 (Chris, I forget his LVC name) and i replaced the front drivers side solenoid cause Tux kept going down...but he would always recover... Tux's air ran solid for a week, not one check air, spyder valve would let perfectly, he'd let again right on time...until today.

I did order 4 new selenoids...they were sitting on the porch when me and the tow driver pulled up...but I dont think its the sel.

HOW !?

I need a hug.

First real snow yesterday and of course my drivers door froze shut :mad:

Hit it, tried to put my snow scraper into the opening to try to pry it open while pulling the handle but was afraid I was going to break it. Went to pass side and it opened right up. Leaned across the seats and drivers door opened up with a push from the inside.

Then I got to see just how bad those wides in the back are in the snow :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back