What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Oh, almost forgot, while going 70mph on the freeway in Tux, who is just HATING the cold, my boy decides he hates his air ride too....oh yeah.... I'm 10miles from my Drs appointment, do you know how long it takes to go 10 miles on the freeway with your hazards on 4" from the pavement...well it feels like an hour! I get to Dr's office get out look at him and the drivers side bags are EMPTY! Passenger side, trying to hold on, but wheels are in the wells too...

Go into apt., come back out...no, it wasn't a bad dream..still sucking pavement. I cycle him, nothing. Called AAA, they arrive in an hour, my boy played h e l l gettin on that flat bed...tow truck driver had to work hard to even find a way to get him hooked up he was so low. Then more fun gettin him down and backed into the garage. So now he is sitting half slumped over...in the garage....

how...how does this happen? How does one side go down? How do you have two Marks that run perfect, but ya cant drive em anywhere...HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN!

Last week, Thing 2 (Chris, I forget his LVC name) and i replaced the front drivers side solenoid cause Tux kept going down...but he would always recover... Tux's air ran solid for a week, not one check air, spyder valve would let perfectly, he'd let again right on time...until today.

I did order 4 new selenoids...they were sitting on the porch when me and the tow driver pulled up...but I dont think its the sel.

HOW !?

I need a hug.

When it rains it pours, hope things turn around for you soon.

Well, looks like I'll be installing a drivers side outer door handle soon. The one on the '95 is just about to go. I'm being as careful as I can with it but it feels like it could break at any given time :(

But other than that, she's purring like a really loud and rumbly kitten :D

And on another note, I would just like to say thank you to all the wonderful people here who have helped me so much lately and in the past. I feel very blessed to have such good people to call my friends. Thank you all very very much!! Hopefully I can return the favor(s) some day. :)

Took my son to school this morning while it was 23 degrees and on my way home, I turned left onto my street and gassed it pretty good because a car was following me. I have to hurry up and get to my driveway down a slight hill and curve and then get backed in before they come running up my rear. Well, as I came down the hill, I heard a loud grinding noise lol. I knew the sound after about 3 seconds. Power steering! I thought, "COME ONNNN" but anyway, I backed in and that car came by like I knew it would and I backed into the garage. Left it running and popped the hood real quick. Opened the PS cap and the fluid looked like it was bubbling and a little less than half full? I grabbed a new quart of Mercon V and started filling it again. I went slow and the fuller it got, the quieter it ran. I didn't fill it to the top but about an inch from it. It's nice and quiet again and now I'm going to check to see where it went. This is something that has been leaking very very slowly over time and then finally, it was low enough to make noise but not now. Pheewww...Just glad that's all it was.

That happened to the LSC that I just sold my friend, the one that tipped me with pastrami.

I originally put a new high-pressure line on it and that wasn't the problem because it kept on leaking slowly :confused:

Then he called me and told me he needed a few front power steering unit because it was out of fluid. I told him he didn't need that it just leaked somewhere, he looked under and found the return line popped off so he just stuck it back on and it's been fine ever since :cool:

That happened to the LSC that I just sold my friend, the one that tipped me with pastrami.

I originally put a new high-pressure line on it and that wasn't the problem because it kept on leaking slowly :confused:

Then he called me and told me he needed a few front power steering unit because it was out of fluid. I told him he didn't need that it just leaked somewhere, he looked under and found the return line popped off so he just stuck it back on and it's been fine ever since :cool:

I had to replace my return line on the 94 I had and I think this one is leaking too. It's an easy fix if that's what it is. That noise was awful though and kinda scary when it has you thinking that you're about to be replacing the pump or rack.

I drove it. 120 miles. And I enjoyed every mile of it. 75+ MPH on thee Florida turnpike and still averaged 25+ MPG. Gotta love a powerful V8 that sips fuel like a four cylinder. A little better than my SLS and way better than the KIA sportage.

Still lovin' my Lincoln! The glasspack dual exhaust is sooooooooooo sweet! It actually sounds better on the '95 than it did on the '97 for some reason. And there's no popping and cracking on deceleration like with the '97 LSC :confused: Only issue I'm having right now is the tranny. I think it's on its last legs. It's slipping pretty bad. So I will probably be putting the one out of the '97 into it soon. Anybody know where I can find a writeup on changing out the wiring harness from the '97 to the '95 to make it work?

We're rolling out for a huge amount of frivolity in sunny Southern California this morning. WOOT!!! For those of you who ordered Mark VIII artwork, it will be sent on Monday morning. Can't wait!!!! :dj:

Still lovin' my Lincoln! The glasspack dual exhaust is sooooooooooo sweet! It actually sounds better on the '95 than it did on the '97 for some reason. And there's no popping and cracking on deceleration like with the '97 LSC :confused: Only issue I'm having right now is the tranny. I think it's on its last legs. It's slipping pretty bad. So I will probably be putting the one out of the '97 into it soon. Anybody know where I can find a writeup on changing out the wiring harness from the '97 to the '95 to make it work?

Chris, I believe all you'll need to change is the MLPS if I'm not mistaken. 95, 96, 97 should all be the same as far as wiring harnesses go. Might need to make sure the pressure solenoid is the same but I don't see why it wouldn't be. I know the 98 is different.

We're rolling out for a huge amount of frivolity in sunny Southern California this morning. WOOT!!! For those of you who ordered Mark VIII artwork, it will be sent on Monday morning. Can't wait!!!! :dj:

You and the dancing smiley faces are up early this morning! That's a party in your post up there. Just watch them for 10 seconds lol. The DJ must really have a good beat going on. Have fun Laurie and I hope it all goes good. You already know to take many pics!

Still lovin' my Lincoln! Only issue I'm having right now is the tranny. I think it's on its last legs. It's slipping pretty bad. So I will probably be putting the one out of the '97 into it soon. Anybody know where I can find a writeup on changing out the wiring harness from the '97 to the '95 to make it work?

Chris, I believe all you'll need to change is the MLPS if I'm not mistaken. 95, 96, 97 should all be the same as far as wiring harnesses go. Might need to make sure the pressure solenoid is the same but I don't see why it wouldn't be. I know the 98 is different.

what terry said. you shouldn't have to repin anything if both cars are older than a 98.
i have heard you should keep your MLPS though. buy why is that? did they change that much?

what terry said. you shouldn't have to repin anything if both cars are older than a 98.
i have heard you should keep your MLPS though. buy why is that? did they change that much?

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. That makes me feel a lot better. Funny thing is the '97 has 216k miles on it and the tranny shifted smooth and I never had a moments trouble out of it. But the '95 with 87k miles on it has some pretty rough shifting and slipping issues. Hopefully I can get it done sometime soon. I've got a friend with a lift that he said I could borrow so that'll make things a lot easier. :)

Sadly I had to go along to scrap this Mark IV that we got this summer :(
[video=youtube;1N1XI2vj12s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N1XI2vj12s[/video]

Little Suspension Work

Myself and a friend swapped out all of the front suspension components.....UCA/LCA and tie rod ends along with strut rod bushings .....Oh and we swapped out the air for coils and struts from American Air....Glad I did it as that is one less component to go bad.....I did enjoy the air but was looking at $950 for the front bags where as I received what I needed from Eddie for $417 shipped....bruce Senior Citizen:)

Did it go to the scrapyard or a lical junkyard? I will be up there on the 22nd to pick up my 76 mark 4 and could use the passengers armrest.

I was not owner of this Mark and I put it on here 3 or so months ago saying it was for sale but didn't get anyone that said they were interested :confused:

Was a very very solid car and could have been an easy resto but it went to a scrap yard that hammered us $50 off the full weight price cause it had no battery in it :eek:

They give $7 for a battery so we argued that the car has't been on the road for 13 year so why would it even have a battery as it is in for scrap! At that point if we had known they would pull that BS we would have taken out the Radiator and the 9 inch rear :shifty:

Myself and a friend swapped out all of the front suspension components.....UCA/LCA and tie rod ends along with strut rod bushings .....Oh and we swapped out the air for coils and struts from American Air....Glad I did it as that is one less component to go bad.....I did enjoy the air but was looking at $950 for the front bags where as I received what I needed from Eddie for $417 shipped....bruce Senior Citizen:)

I think you were looking at buying the front bags from the wrong place. They can be had new for just under $700 shipped. Check rockauto!

hub swap and cobra front brakes done..sorry no pics of the front brakes, was in a hurry and didnt think to take pics. I'll get some pics later when I clean up the calipers and repaint them after dousing them in brake fluid.

The wheels are 30mm offset 17"x8" 97 cobras with 255/50/17 nitto nt555s..they're just a hair taller than stock but fill out the fender gap nicely which is what I was after.

20131214_171833_zps294c80d0.jpg

20131214_170435_zpsbd1fe60b.jpg

20131214_170403_zpsc328af23.jpg

20131214_172532_zps485a115a.jpg

20131214_172804_zps904f6762.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back