What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Paid $3.00 per gallon of premium filling up the 95 mark
Its been a long time since I paid that little.
I am jealous, when regular got down to 2.95 here premium was still 3.25 to 3.35. Now that regular is back up to 2.99...premium is finally down to 3.19.

Paid $3.00 per gallon of premium filling up the 95 mark
Its been a long time since I paid that little.

I am jealous, when regular got down to 2.95 here premium was still 3.25 to 3.35. Now that regular is back up to 2.99...premium is finally down to 3.19.

I hate both of you...:p Regular is still $3.40 a gallon in my neck of the woods in Moore county. I just saw it for $3.06/gal in Asheboro this morning and it's $3.24/gal for reg in Candor. It's ridadblamediculous! :eek:

I took my mark for a ride for the first time in 2 weeks. The roads were finally clear of snow and not we with salt. I miss my car. Of course tonight we're getting an ice storm and this weekend they're calling for a snow storm. It will be another 2 weeks or more before I get to drive it again. :(

Today I installed new front and back drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads. They stop real good. I polished and waxed it 2 days ago.

IMG_20131220_151501.jpg

I think the Gen1 antenna works better than the glass inlaid Gen2, but like you, I use Pandora..or I've got 40 Gigs worth of music on my SD card/USB drive ;)

Drove the Mark VIII around the neighborhood to see the lights.

1u5o.jpg

9a0w.jpg

6pd3.jpg

8plb.jpg

This house was huge

8pal.jpg

zq23.jpg

n7pt.jpg

d1k8.jpg

m6hk.jpg

befr.jpg

5nmx.jpg

This guy wins the award though. Had flashing lights and all, looked cool.

y2w7.jpg

Neat. If I ever decorated my house for Xmas, I'd have to go the rock-n-roll light theme

I just do the Icicle lights for the holidays. Not as hardcore as some of the above.

This also happened, should be paying more attention up front than looking at the driver behind me lol.

[video=youtube;i04WLBZZYJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i04WLBZZYJM[/video]

Last edited:
Started with the peanut remote, and its 7 feet of range and easily broken case was a downer. I found that the remotes from my 2000 Grand Marquis worked, so I programmed them for the Mark (Aftermarket alarm/remote start on the Grand Marquis). BUT one case was busted, so I ordered a few replacement housing from Hong Kong (3.50 a piece) 3 weeks ago. They sat in Flushing NY for 9 days for some reason (I understand sitting at the Shanghai airport with a low priority waiting for a plane ride to the US) but mail man made a second trip to a drop box with late packages yesterday. These seem solid, nearly as solid as the OEM ones, but I didn't feel like plunking down 12 bucks a piece on eBay.

11547654836_627e5ff2d5_b.jpg

I repainted my bumper on christmas eve, in part so that I may remove the masking like a present the next day. <3

------------------------------------------
Dreamie
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII, Toreador red, cobra fuel pump, one piece drive shaft, slotted and drilled rotors, 20" halos
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII, gold, stock

Neat little sign I recieved.

DSCF9108.jpg

Only the best pics for my lvc friends..

DSCF9111.jpg

Sigh.

DSCF9113.jpg

removed the bumper cover to r/r smog pump (thx T-Wood)
---
PC250832.jpg
-----
discovered broken plastic
----
PC250835.jpg

PC250832.jpg

PC250835.jpg

I am in bad need of a second remote for my 97. And I like the colored ones. May paint the one I have so that it is easier to tell from all the others. I have remotes for the Mark VIII. 2 Cadillac s, 2011 Camaro, my Ford truck, and my motor home all on one keychain. Unfortunately I have to carry them all with me as I have a son who likes to joyride if he finds the keys.

Started with the peanut remote, and its 7 feet of range and easily broken case was a downer. I found that the remotes from my 2000 Grand Marquis worked, so I programmed them for the Mark (Aftermarket alarm/remote start on the Grand Marquis). BUT one case was busted, so I ordered a few replacement housing from Hong Kong (3.50 a piece) 3 weeks ago. They sat in Flushing NY for 9 days for some reason (I understand sitting at the Shanghai airport with a low priority waiting for a plane ride to the US) but mail man made a second trip to a drop box with late packages yesterday. These seem solid, nearly as solid as the OEM ones, but I didn't feel like plunking down 12 bucks a piece on eBay.

11547654836_627e5ff2d5_b.jpg

swapped smog pumps; had to reuse the '96 mounting bracket- the gen 2 bracket tabs didn't match the gen 1 front end; pump works fine, no more CEL; now to put on the 95 LSC front bumper cover; need to fill, sand, paint it

I am in bad need of a second remote for my 97. And I like the colored ones. May paint the one I have so that it is easier to tell from all the others. I have remotes for the Mark VIII. 2 Cadillac s, 2011 Camaro, my Ford truck, and my motor home all on one keychain. Unfortunately I have to carry them all with me as I have a son who likes to joyride if he finds the keys.

Belts are cheap at Wal-Mart

Continuing restoration of my newly purchased 98. Today I replaced the blown low beam aftermarket ballasts. The bulbs were still good so I have an extra set for when those old ones ultimately die. I fixed my dead cigar lighter. I installed a 5/16" spring that was missing from my fuel door button with one from lowes. It took a little while to get the exact length correct. Fixed the flat spring on the fuel door (It needs to be about as deep as the latch on the door to work right). Having another car around for references definitely helps. Also diagnosed my EATC. It didn't work when I got the car, so I took it out and compared part numbers. Apparently, the previous owner seemed to think a 97 Continental unit (F7OH grey housing) would work in a 98 Mark Viii (F7LH blue housing) so long as you replaced the front face plate. NO. NO IT DOESNT. *head desk* Looking for the proper one now...

I was also rear ended in my 96 at a stop light today. Luckily, The ball on my hitch saved me from any damage, but put a pretty good round dent in his jeep. I let him go. I am further inspired to also put a hitch on my 98, and I'm thinking of hitch mounted bumper bull bars....hum....

looked at it all day. lol.

I drove my mazda van to pickup a new dryer and installed it this afternoon. The lincoln sat with the rear bags deflated "low rider" position! Ok well I have done a few things recently. I put my GD plate on the front with some very hefty aluminum serrated screws complete with a rubber grommet that came off one my Dad's airplanes (?). I am not sure he would approve of the GD plate but I think he would pleased that I am reusing hardware that came off one of his airplanes!
1222131604a.jpg

I still have a drive shaft/transmission noise. A few days ago I had my "tire guys" rack the car and one of the technicians sat in the car and let it idle and accelerated. At Idle there is a kind of rubbing/clunking noise but when at the motor is accelerated the noise goes away. A "senior" mechanic used his stethoscope to try and locate the noise. Not diff or transmission. No rubbing of the driveshaft either. So at any rate he suggested the driveshaft may be out of balance. To remove the drive shaft and have it rebalanced and new u-joints (which I thought might be causing the noise) that I would be looking at almost a kilobuck...egads! I also have a slight leak, from age in the pside cat which needs to be welded and I have a slight leak of tranny fluid from around or near the speed sensor(?). All of this "diagnosis" and recommendation was on the house but did not actually address the clunk noise that occurs on rapid deceleration/acceleration that I hear. Perhaps the clunking is pre driveshaft or however the drive shaft is couple to the transmission(?). Anyone have a link for the schematic for the transmission/driveshaft "connections. I have replaced motor mounts diff mounts tranny mount(s). Shock towers are fine...I apologize for my wordiness and broken record on the clunk noise but it irks me that I have not been able to resolve the problem...any thoughts are appreciated. I love criusing in my lincoln!

1222131604a.jpg

I put my GD plate on the front with some very hefty aluminum serrated screws complete with a rubber grommet that came off one my Dad's airplanes (?).

If your state doesn't require you to have a front plate it should be removed, it just destroys the lines on the front end.

Or be like me and I just keep paying the ticket. F U Minnesota, I'm not putting a tag on the front of my car.

At least not screwing it on, maybe magnets like another member did.

Members online

No members online now.
Back