What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Is that repaint a base/clear? I see a bunch of red on the buffing pad..

Single stage Dark Toredor red. There is a lot of red because the paint was heavily damaged. Took a lot of compound and buffing and waxing to bring it mostly back.

Before:
IMG_20130828_082110_355_zps9bae232e.jpg

After:
3_zps868b1a92.jpg

4_zpsb81b4885.jpg

1_zps17c806b2.jpg

2_zpsa4684301.jpg

8_zpscf36cf92.jpg

Thanks. Wish I had better headlights for it. Tried to rstore the ones it has but they are pretty shot. They are the worst Second gen lights I have ever had.

Not a Mark VIII but this is what I did with my Town Car today. Had a leak on the passenger side which is a common problem with the TC. Fixed where the leak is suppose to come from but will see tomorrow. Removed the whole interior since the interior was wet and it needs to dry off.

vzyh.JPG

Gonna clean the carpet tomorrow.

bw69.jpg

Cleaned most of the interior parts today. Did the seats.

Before
xawe.jpg

After
roz8.jpg

currently at the Stealer, letting them do the cc wiring harness recall on The White One, jeez I hate this place
----
edit, update: no charge for the new DTC

That's pretty messed up. This is why my 1500 has all new the everything on its brakes. Looks like the parking brake was catching just not well which suggests the rears were not adjusted properly which suggests someones been ignoring maintenance.

Glad you are ok and that was some good thinking with the bush. Would have been what I aimed for as well.

Took the car to Advance and let them test the alternator, they said everything was fine. Drove the car about 80 miles over the past two days with no problems, cant figure out why the battery light is still on.

Also did a quick wash job on it

20130831_125929.jpg

Wire in the plug is broken or loose. One wire is for the exciter and the other is for the idiot light. I forget which is which.

Wire in the plug is broken or loose. One wire is for the exciter and the other is for the idiot light. I forget which is which.
at the pump? or at the PCM?.....could be either I guess, prolly closest to where they were working

That's pretty messed up. This is why my 1500 has all new the everything on its brakes. Looks like the parking brake was catching just not well which suggests the rears were not adjusted properly which suggests someones been ignoring maintenance.

Glad you are ok and that was some good thinking with the bush. Would have been what I aimed for as well.

Used E-brake every day when I park in front of my house. However when going down this fairly steep hill at any kind of speed and then pulling into the lot to stop I pushed on the pedal harder.
Ebrake_zps27429f7e.jpg

This being the result :mad:

Gathered another one of the final missing pieces

$2 for the passenger side Gen1 wheel liner, just needs a bath
20130831_170334.jpg

Took the car to Advance and let them test the alternator, they said everything was fine. Drove the car about 80 miles over the past two days with no problems, cant figure out why the battery light is still on.

at the pump? or at the PCM?.....could be either I guess, prolly closest to where they were working

nvrmind, you're talking brakes, I'm talking smog pump cel, muh bad

Double dafuq?

So you have a different thread, saw the progression of this conversation and then just figured I was talking about your other thread? Follow the bouncing ball.

Nothing else to do this morning so I decided to change the o/d off button to blue also.
Wish I could do lil thing like that to my Mark.
Now I'm at Lower Ball Joints, Washer Fluid sensor stop to getting Low message every time I start the car and lastly trans filter/fluid. I really want to do a Bowman(SP) when I have it all apart tho

Left all my warning, turn singles and bright indicator the original color but the bright indicator looks green now that the dash is blue.

Wish I could do lil thing like that to my Mark.
Now I'm at Lower Ball Joints, Washer Fluid sensor stop to getting Low message every time I start the car and lastly trans filter/fluid. I really want to do a Bowman(SP) when I have it all apart tho

If you're not replacing the Washer bottle level sensor, just unplug the sensor and stick a Mini-fuse (I used a 10amp) and very simply stick it in the wire harness plug. They fit in no problem.
Easy access to that plug is thru the headlight cover, just remove that and you can see the bottle, you'll see the pump (a little black cylinder tucked into a crevice in the bottle) unplug the other and shove a fuse in the harness, no more Low Level Induction

started the sold mark for the first time since i tore the brakes apart its doing the same rough idle as before i changed the pcv valve when i first changed it it was fine after im stumped

Members online

No members online now.
Back