What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Cleaned these up

20130828_171325.jpg

Threw some new air springs in it and bought some new tires and cleaned up its wheels replaced some suspension seals watched sapperfire replace some control arms on it slapped a new battery in it and bough bunches of fluids and filters for it. Sure does get good mileage though!

IMG_20130828_082110_355_zps9bae232e.jpg

IMG_20130827_235220_207_zps07de5014.jpg

Im thinking I am gonna sensor lower it tomorrow about 3/4". What say the clan?

Pretty much from what I can remember
jacked it up and creeped under it, but ain't no cotton pickin' way I'm unpluggin' it from the bottom-nowhere in sight above O2 sens....... from the top I can barely see the connector down past the (IAC?), but I'll have to relocate some stuff to grab it..wiper motor assembly? fuel lines? IAC? TB?
----
P8280626.jpg
------
P8280629_a.jpg

P8280626.jpg

P8280629_a.jpg

jacked it up and creeped under it, but ain't no cotton pickin' way I'm unpluggin' it from the bottom-nowhere in sight above O2 sens....... from the top I can barely see the connector down past the (IAC?), but I'll have to relocate some stuff to grab it..wiper motor assembly? fuel lines? IAC? TB?
----
View attachment 828461837
------
View attachment 828461838

I have a spare '96 engine on a stand in my cellar but it's to late for me to go take a pic of it to show the plug I am thinking of. It bolts the Molex Plug to the back of the cylinder head.

Cleaned it and made the engine look better. Started on the paint restoration but was too busy and hot today. Got the 10 spokes polished up, changed the oil and slapped a new fuel filter in it. Stole Sappers spare set of Gen 2 radiator covers. :D

IMG_20130828_082554_215_zpsc7dbf105.jpg

IMG_20130829_162013_409_zps6c15314d.jpg

Oh yeah, also stole the brake light switch and passenger door handle off of Sappers grey parts car. LOL

Funny thing is the 97 Mark was repainted and they didn't spray it Cordovan, they did Dark Toredor Red. Bought a can of Duplicolor and managed to make the door handle pretty much spot on. :) Worked out because Duplicolor does not have Cordovan.

Still have to pull the seats and figure out how to make all the motors work. Only the drivers seat goes up and down. no forward/back or recline. Passenger seat is all the way dead. Leather is very nice though so it seems we will be tearing apart some old worn seats that have good motors and reskin them.
Then have to slap a new tweeter in the drivers door and flush out the grey power steering fluid and I think shes pretty much done. Gonna go take her out for a big smokey burnout. LOLZ

Oh yeah, also stole the brake light switch and passenger door handle off of Sappers grey parts car. LOL

Funny thing is the 97 Mark was repainted and they didn't spray it Cordovan, they did Dark Toredor Red. Bought a can of Duplicolor and managed to make the door handle pretty much spot on. :) Worked out because Duplicolor does not have Cordovan.

Still have to pull the seats and figure out how to make all the motors work. Only the drivers seat goes up and down. no forward/back or recline. Passenger seat is all the way dead. Leather is very nice though so it seems we will be tearing apart some old worn seats that have good motors and reskin them.
Then have to slap a new tweeter in the drivers door and flush out the grey power steering fluid and I think shes pretty much done. Gonna go take her out for a big smokey burnout. LOLZ

Bill, my friend in New Jersey recently bought a 98 with 37000 original miles and both seats didn't work at all. He took the switches apart and cleaned the contacts and all the functions of the seat came back to life. If you don't have spare switches, I can ship a set to you.

Thanks mang! But I have 1 or 12 of them laying around. Didn't think about the switches for the passenger side. That may well be why its dead. Driver seat has a broken back though and the f/b motors are trying but not winning. Steering column moves like butter though.

Thanks mang! But I have 1 or 12 of them laying around. Didn't think about the switches for the passenger side. That may well be why its dead. Driver seat has a broken back though and the f/b motors are trying but not winning. Steering column moves like butter though.

I figured you had spares. Hope it works for ya!

ordered some parts: IAC, TPS, TB gasket...feels strange replacing parts that aren't bad...but I've got it torn apart, might as well do some preventive maint i reckon

When down there its always a good idea on a Gen 1. All that stuff is easy on a second gen so I usually just wait till it fails.

The work continues! First shot is of the hood. How the paint was on the left and what its like after a couple passes with the buffer and some compound. Needs a couple more passes.
The other shot, don't judge, shes still in the process of being cleaned.

IMG_20130830_092241_725_zps18417bd8.jpg

IMG_20130830_092329_773_zpsb3a0cd37.jpg

The work continues! First shot is of the hood. How the paint was on the left and what its like after a couple passes with the buffer and some compound. Needs a couple more passes.
The other shot, don't judge, shes still in the process of being cleaned.

IMG_20130830_092241_725_zps18417bd8.jpg

IMG_20130830_092329_773_zpsb3a0cd37.jpg

Is that repaint a base/clear? I see a bunch of red on the buffing pad..

Had my alternator rebuilt yesterday, the shop that rebuilt it said the voltage regulator was bad. Fully charged the battery and put the alternator back on. Started it up and the damn battery light is still on

Members online

No members online now.
Back