What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Thinking about buying a couple of these from Amazon.com for the '95. They're only $6 for the time being.
I've got a NIB end link I can send you for the cost of shipping, just one tho..it was given to me by another LVC-er when I bought parts from him...I can check later, but I'm pretty sure it's this Deeza

Thinking about buying a couple of theseView attachment 828461683from Amazon.com for the '95. They're only $6 for the time being. But the angle looks a little wierd. Will these fit the Mark VIII? The fitment chart says they will fit 89-92 T-Bird and Cougar. I didn't think the suspension changed all that much from 89-97.

I went with the bent ones from AZ. I like them a lot more then the straight factory one's. Cost'd a little more but I like the ride! Well worth it!
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1994-Lincoln-Mark-VIII/Sway-Bar-Repair-Kit/_/N-j11hxZ8oxl1

Junked the burned out carcass of my 93. Sad sad day....... I'm gonna miss that car.

Glad you sons ok, I've had a car catch fire too. Like Sap said, always good to have a fire extinguisher in the car. You never know when you or someone else might need it. It's cheap insurance.

Were you able to get the parts off that you wanted?

Well, the Cougie got totalled by the insurance company :( So now it will have a salvage title. But I have found a fender for $45 and a hood for $60 at a local salvage yard. I can also get the signal light and plastic header panel but I forgot to ask for price. I think I can get everything I need to replace all the broken/dented parts for well under $200. Then we can use the rest of the money to get it repainted. :) She needs a paint job baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :D

Due to having limited time, I got the driveshaft, fuel pump, LSC housings with bulbs and ballasts, both front markers, and the black 20's with 3 week old rubber. I would have wanted to save the drivetrain but I had 1 day to make it go away and I live 3 hours away from it. Everything else was burnt beyond recognition. The roof bowed in, the quarters buckled, the doors didnt close and the middle of the car bowed down. It burned for 30 mins according to the fire departments report. If anyone is interested in these parts, feel free to PM me an offer. The u joints were also 3 weeks old. One of the best cars I ever owned.

Well, I ordered new center caps from American Muscle and used up my remaining $27.00 for 4 new centercaps. Meaning, I have broken even on this wheel job, to the dollar.

The website shows these centercaps fitted on my style of wheel, but of course, they didn't fit. But a pair of dykes and a razor knife fixed that. Had to trim down the step on the back side of the caps.
null_zpsfef79834.jpg

null_zpse9b06fc6.jpg

null_zpse2da6fc6.jpg

null_zpscf2e43cc.jpg

They are chrome and the wheels are polished, I had originally ordered black, but they were on back order. Was worried that the chrome wouldn't match, but it looks decent.

on The Brown One:
-flushed the radi w/ garden hose water, tightened the pet cock, broke the white plastic drain plug hex head
-put the new tstat in with new low-radi hose
-filled and burped; (still running hotter than I want it to, no significant temp change from before) :confused:
-got 3 used/@75% tread Kumho's 245/45/17..mounted, balanced for $152 out the door, thx Discount Tire Woodstock, Ga! rides pretty good now hub swapped...Cobra center caps not fitting tight enough tho
------
fixin to go wash it before dark, maybe burp it again tonight...

burped it, found and got rid of a coolant leak; took some pics with a cheap phone cam....
---
0825112722.jpg
----
0825112741.jpg
-----
0825112758.jpg
----
no more leaking brakes, now I just need to make the two center caps fit tight
----
not bad for an 8 year old Maaco paint job :headbang:

0825112722.jpg

0825112741.jpg

0825112758.jpg

Well, I ordered new center caps from American Muscle and used up my remaining $27.00 for 4 new centercaps. Meaning, I have broken even on this wheel job, to the dollar.

The website shows these centercaps fitted on my style of wheel, but of course, they didn't fit. But a pair of dykes and a razor knife fixed that. Had to trim down the step on the back side of the caps.
null_zpsfef79834.jpg

null_zpse9b06fc6.jpg

null_zpse2da6fc6.jpg

null_zpscf2e43cc.jpg

They are chrome and the wheels are polished, I had originally ordered black, but they were on back order. Was worried that the chrome wouldn't match, but it looks decent.

Maybe take some sctoch brite and give the caps a brushed look?

removed the hood, air intake and pass side cowl grille
- unbolted the bank 1 imrc pod for replacement; cant' find where to disconnect the elec cable
...do i need to locate it and disconnect it from underneath?????
0827215558.jpg
----
0827215612.jpg
----

0827215558.jpg

0827215612.jpg

Got my 4.10s and trac lok installed yesterday, very happy with it, it really feels like a different car. Also burned up an alternator while testing them out. This is the second one within two months. Can anybody recommend a good alternator that wont burn out every time I lay into the pedal?

Members online

Back