What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

put nearly 500 miles on it this weekend with more to go.

running 80 mph and still getting into the 20s for mileage with the 4.10s.

don't fear the gear!

Since I quit smoking I dedicated the day to cleaning the inside. I keep it very clean so I doubt there was much buildup, but was still something that needed to be done. Also did the outside and put her in the garage as it's supposed to rain 2maro.

Oh, and the battery died so it's charging now. :)

Night night.

Had to boost mine as the battery is done, just waiting on my new one, and took it for a short cruise. Bit of belt squeal was annoying and noticed I still have some work to do on my abs pump module as my speedo and odometer both don't work. Owell it was still nice to cruise in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

the White One has been on jack stands for about 5-6 weeks, finally got it down, rebuilt front end, got it aligned, ready to make it my DD now while I do the brake mod/hub swap on the Brown One
0608210337_zps4e729cf1.jpg

I'll bet it rides good now :)

hoping for a straight-forward front caliper swap today if it doesn't rain so early in the day (50% chance of rain today).

With alot of help from GMAN and his driveway/air-tools, got the new air springs and struts put in. Ride is MUCH better but still needs alot of improvement, upon further inspection UCA's and LCA's look to be in ok shape on the outside, will be saving those for later. Forgot the shock mount brackets at work so will have to install the new shocks another time. Found a nice surprise with the tires first time under the car, fronts are worn beyond rubber/thread material exposed on the inside of the tire and uneven elsewhere, the rears are shredded where the tread meets sidewall... I think 285's are probably too big out back, I want to drop the staggered wheels and get smaller more uniform sizing for easier maintenance and hopefully a better ride. IMG_20130608_103811.jpgIMG_20130608_134135.jpg

IMG_20130608_103811.jpg

IMG_20130608_134135.jpg

Last Night, i removed the OEM lowbeams, and High beams, along with the ballasts.

I Then Installed a 400 Watt Relay Harness (from a baja project i sold) , which im using to power a set of 55watt low beam HID's (4300k) and 100watt (insta-fire) HID Highbeams (3000k)

(the highbeams reach full brightness in 2 seconds, and if your wondering why i used 100w, the 3000k needs more power to be equally bright, also i checked with 3 police friends, who helped me aim all the lights to spec, the lowbeams they said are no different then any other car, the highbeams they said were suprisingly easy to stare through, but that i should use them intelligently (ie no blinding people))

However i plan on swapping the 3000k Into my new bumper foglights (cobra type), when i buy the bumper. and replacing the highs with 55w 4300k just like the lows.

Today, I have been trying to figure out why, since i replaced my neon brake light, that everytime i hit the brakes i get static like crazy on my radio, i know its an interference thing but im stumped.. But im making a thread for that.

It came with 18x10" out back, too wide for me, bad for mpg, looking to replace the wheel with something smaller and if i'm going to replace the wheels I want them to match just to keep things cheaper and easier work with when replacing tires down the road. Right now the focus is fixing up the car to DD status. Wish I had taken some pics of the tires, they are supposed to be around two years old but are definately toast, ive put less than 100 easy miles on the car since I got it so no telling.

I'll bet it rides good now :)
it rides good, Tokes are better than the strutmasters on my brown one, altho I may need new strut mounts, getting a mild clunk at times- I bought this car about 6 months ago but haven't driven it even 30 miles yet..oil leak, failed air ride, bad tires, no heat, faulty front end susp...now I'm gonna start putting 500 miles/wk on it

Holy F'n Crap!

So was coming home from Family Bday Party in PA on Rt78 to NJ and car started making vibrations like when I had a steel belt pop out of a tire?

So passed the weigh stations on 78 and then pulled into Rest Stop after them to take a look :shifty:

ALL and I do mean ALL lugs were loose from 1/4 to a full 1/2 turn :eek:

Luckily I always carry a torque wrench in my trunk cause I normally go over my rims at the end of every week. Been driving truck so slacked off of my torque schedule and almost paid for it! Freaking Powder Coating started to get pushed out from behind the mating surface with the rotor!

I finally cleaned out a place in the garage and got the 98c/e off the jack stands in front of house and into the garage to start tearing down and removing bad engine, picked up the spare engine, put on engine stand and getting ready to pick up 95base from storage this week to fix fuel issue and make my daily driver till 98c/e is done later in year.

Changed my two front calipers finally (OEM rebuilds). I can finally use two new pads on the passenger side unlike before (the piston was fried in the old one and would not disengage after braking - toasting any new pad I would put on it).

However, I still get jolted to the right upon first braking on a normal drive (the new calipers didn't solve this like I had hoped). Any idea? Maybe alignment issue? Perhaps one of the rear brakes is prematurely braking first before the others?

However, I still get jolted to the right upon first braking on a normal drive (the new calipers didn't solve this like I had hoped). Any idea? Maybe alignment issue? Perhaps one of the rear brakes is prematurely braking first before the others?[/QUOTE]

check front brake hoses and lines ,

Checked air pressure in tires this morning and haven't seen it since. Last time my son took one of the cars he was gone for two days.

However, I still get jolted to the right upon first braking on a normal drive (the new calipers didn't solve this like I had hoped). Any idea? Maybe alignment issue? Perhaps one of the rear brakes is prematurely braking first before the others?

check front brake hoses and lines ,[/QUOTE]

X2 just change both front rubber caliper lines and be done.

looks great nice to see my car the way it SHOULD look.Almost swapped those wheels off my 96 on to my 97 ( have the octo.they grew on me)but got lazy and junked the 96. I would love to have a pristine exterior but just too many miles a year to keep it nice.

Took my red 98 out of storage, checked the fluids and took an 800 mile trip to upstate NY. Ran perfect and got mid 20's MPG at 75 to 85 MPH. Love these cars to drive, hate to work on them ! Thanx Bruce

Dropped mine off at the paint shop today to get the rear bumper repainted after my little mishap earlier this spring and to reshoot the hood under warranty as the body work they did was starting to show through where it was cracked..aand got my car cover in the mail..so as soon as its done it'll be covered in my driveway to let that paint cure..don't want any bird sh*t ruining it this time around.

1st day as the new DD; after work swapped driver's seats.....burped it...on the highway, i definitely run cooler with OD off, at about 2700rpms vs. OD on at about 2000 rpms

Followed a Silver Gen1 over the free bridge from Phillipsburg into Easton today. Had Fla plates on it.

Members online

Back