What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

pulled DTC P0304- misfire, can't wait to get my tune- proly do new plugs/wires first though
---
....rebuilt front end drives great but still gets a very mild 'clunk' on small dips..dunno whether it's the nature of lowered coils or the strut mounts need r/r
----
ran in the middle of 'NORMAL' at 2600rpm's, ran closer to 'O' w/OD on at 2000rpm's...bad water pump?

Or is it still on air struts?

fhjk.png

Took Magnatude out of storage 2 days ago.

She needed new tags so took her to the smog inspection facility.

image.jpg

Vehicle registration must be done by the inspection expire date so to make it easier on me, I'll submit mine online.

image.jpg

I'm in just such a good mood. I'd like to thank Rich "My Great 8" for finding my new Mark VIII. Hopefully, I'll have it here next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.
20130610_163503.jpg20130610_163519.jpg20130610_163512_2.jpg
Found her in Florida for an insane price. :):):):):):)

20130610_163503.jpg

20130610_163512_2.jpg

20130610_163519.jpg

Last edited:
found and bought a drv side mirror, bought new KYB strut mounts that will HOPEFULLy get rid of the 'clunk' coming from my newly rebuilt front end, burped it....again :mad:
--- took ins off the brown one and put full cover on the white one

Yeah I'm a happy guy. I loved the '97 but I don't mind going back to a GEN1. And Rich said this one has 84k miles on it and is in great shape. So I'm planning to put the true duals off the '97 on this car as well as the DVD head unit, chrome interior door handles, and chrome 10-spokes. And pretty much anything else I can easily switch over. I'm so looking forward to June 22nd! :):):)

bet you its a Lower Ball Joint. ;)

i am almost positive.

I see what you did there.. even if it was unintentional...

That's why mine was pulling.

Thanks guys. I need to do the whole front end asap. It's starting to sound like an old Ford Explorer with rusty suspension.

Gotta be something wrong with my car! It's been running trouble free, quiet and smooth for about 1 1/2 months now.

Knock on wood! I hope it doesn't get back to normal again.

Thanks! I can't wait to be back in a Mark VIII again!

Your anxiety must be through the roof. I hate waiting.

Got the car tinted today!! FINALLY. I was debating on whether to refill the AC since it's going low, or do tint. The outside cool factor was more important than being comfortable inside the car this time.

Saw 3 2nd Gens today while driving around in my White Mark and all were same color, Black. 2 I knew of but 3rd was in driveway getting washed and had Octi's on it. So that was a new one to me around here.

r/r'd radiator and t-stat...tightened up the front fender wheel well liner, discovered that I have a stripped lug/stud...another penalty for buying used front end parts
---

System check button hasn't worked for awhile now. Took it apart and discovered plastic button is broke. Swapped it out with the n,s,e,w button and J B welded the broken one back together. Going to let it dry over night and see if it's going to hold.
Wish I could find a near perfect black one to replace the blue one with, I think that would look pretty good. Already changed all the console insert's and speaker grills to black. The black and blue two tone is looking good! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back