What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Sorry completely missed your comment and yes the are the LMS Dual tip, and yes I know one is lower than the other:p

IMG_0155copy_zps42856a2a.jpg

Damn, willis..that thing looks good, time to update that signature!

Btw dnsherril, the trunk lock cover is easy..just pop yours off (be careful in doing so to make sure you don't remove any of the chrome from the lincoln star), carefully sand off the old red with fine grit paper, then go over it with some compound to remove the haze..repaint whatever color you want. Reinstall with some thin double sided trim tape.

Had a dream that Maaco painted my car white. The only good thing that came out of said dream is the fact that they forgot to charge me.

it's not highly evident- did you/how did you re-do your trunk lock cover(jeweled emblem)

Yes, I did

If you take the trunk lock cover off some of them have a hole in the chrome part and you can push the plastic piece out. although some have the hole and some do not.

Then I sanded and I believe used lacquer liner or acetone on the old paint to get it off and painted in the star with model paint and used a spray can to paint it black.

I redid it twice because when I painted in the star and then sanded off the excess paint. I added the black and the sand marks with silver left in them showed, they are still slightly there now but its nothing major.

I reinstalled the plastic with silicone.

This seriously breaks my heart. Such a beautiful car. Next time you choose a mate, ask for a picture of her car FIRST! :D

:lol: Not a bad idea. My heart is broken too. But I'm still looking for another Mark. Unfortunately, I didn't get much out of the settlement so I may not be able to get another one. My last resort if I can't find another Mark is to buy my mom's '97 Cougar. I've already put the Mark's chrome 10 spokes on it and it looks pretty cool. :)

Well get this. My future ex called and said that the Cobra knocked off again :mad: She was taking Evie to the doctor and it died on the side of the road again. So now she's driving the Exploder. It's just a matter of time until she destroys it too. I just have no words to describe how I'm feeling right now.

Went to go fill car up for the trip to Carlisle and gas regular was 4.20$/gallon and premium 4.58$/gallon:eek2:.....I'll fill up in ohio.

Darn Michigan.

Premium has gone up 50 cents since Friday. I filled up Friday for 4.07, today 4.59.....

Quit yalls bitchen.

filled up, 3.70 for 93 octane....
---
just got off work, fixin to go down to the garage and get back into the white one, put rotors and calipers back on the front
--- I'm almost ready to lower car and put a load on the new front suspension...tighten bushings and camber bolt; alignment and i'm rolling again

I filled my Mark up on Tues $3.55 93oct ;)

Then I drove my LSC 4 miles to a abandoned kinda road and parked it there for the day as I got picked up to go to Connecticut for a 13 hour workday :p

$3.48 here for 93 and I know that because I just drove it yesterday from Madison, AL. to the Birmingham, AL. Zoo. I have only put 691 miles on the Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic "High Mileage" since I changed it a few months ago, Feb 27th or 28th I think. 691 miles in 3 months ain't bad lol. That's including the zoo trip that is 200 miles round trip.

Nolimit I got that beat 0 miles since markviiiedrea's wedding in September 2012.
And about 3 miles on our 97 camaro in 5 years.

Anybody ever put DOHC Mark VIII heads/intake on a 4.6 SOHC cast iron block? And can it even be done? Just had that thought fly through my head. Thinking about switching the Mark's heads to the Cougar if I end up getting it.

Anybody ever put DOHC Mark VIII heads/intake on a 4.6 SOHC cast iron block? And can it even be done? Just had that thought fly through my head. Thinking about switching the Mark's heads to the Cougar if I end up getting it.
What makes you think that would be easier than swapping the whole engine?

Members online

No members online now.
Back