What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Taking advantage of that empty yellow box I see. That or you suck at parking. :N

Taking advantage of that empty yellow box I see. That or you suck at parking. :N

Lol oh trust me I usually do..notice my wheels completly over the yellow line, can't push it too much though, those parking nazis are sensitive..they'll write you a ticket sometimes for being out of the spot..b*tches.

i HATE the reverse mirror thing. i go to back up and i'm looking at the ground!! so i stop and adjust the mirror back up.

also slightly off subject..anyone need any SHO parts? parting a silver 92.

i HATE the reverse mirror thing. i go to back up and i'm looking at the ground!! so i stop and adjust the mirror back up.

also slightly off subject..anyone need any SHO parts? parting a silver 92.

You can turn them off on the drivers menu.

Pass window motor quit working.....DAM! Just replaced the ds motor 2 months ago. Might as well replace the door lock solenoid while I'm in there. I think I can remove the door panel's blind folded now, had them off so many times...:)

It's amazing what a new set of wheels will do for the looks of a car. I've had several compliments on the Cougar since I put the Mark's chrome 10-spokes on it. Of course the wax job didn't hurt :D Mom came by and looked at it yesterday and said it looked like a different car. They want me to buy it from them when I get my settlement from the insurance company. But I'm still holding out for what may be a great deal on a '95 Mark with 80k +/- miles on it. We'll see.

assembled both sides front LCA's, SRB's before then after work...
---
hub bearings, sway bar bushes and end links tomorrow

rear suspension uca replacement w t-bird uca's ??

I spent a couple of hours trying to remove a the d side rear uca from a 93 Mk8 at the local pull-a-part...gave up not having the right tools. On the P side of this car the rear air bag and rear wheel have been removed so the UCA is easily accessible. Two questions. 1) Are the p side and d side UCA's identical? 2) I read on another forum that t-bird rear UCA's of the same era are stronger (no "holes") and can be swapped w/o modification. Does anybody have any experience doing this or know if this is part for part replacement with this mk8 IRS? Thanks appreciate any replies. :)

Last week (M-Sun) I put another 1800 miles on my mk8...clicked past "222222" on the odometer on my trip to PA/NYC/Baltimore and home...27 mpg as expected...lot's of time to reflect! :cool:

Okay. Gonna be parting out the '97 to get some extra cash. Anybody need anything let me know. It's got a good clear set of headlights and functional OEM HID low beams. Also got some other stuff that's in pretty good shape. Send me a PM. I know that the lights are pretty high dollar and I need the cash but I don't want to overcharge. So PM me an offer. Thanks. :)

Okay. Gonna be parting out the '97 to get some extra cash. Anybody need anything let me know. It's got a good clear set of headlights and functional OEM HID low beams. Also got some other stuff that's in pretty good shape. Send me a PM. I know that the lights are pretty high dollar and I need the cash but I don't want to overcharge. So PM me an offer. Thanks. :)

This seriously breaks my heart. Such a beautiful car. Next time you choose a mate, ask for a picture of her car FIRST! :D

Chris, I have a black door and fender I can let go for next to nothing. I will even deliver it and spend some time by the beach. It's a shame to part out a good reliable car.

---
looks great EP....LMS?

Sorry completely missed your comment and yes the are the LMS Dual tip, and yes I know one is lower than the other:p

IMG_0155copy_zps42856a2a.jpg

Last edited:
Did the HID conversion. No clue why they're different colors. image.jpg

Kept the original wiring and factory ballasts in the original position incase I ever sell it to someone who wants factory stuff or whatever.

image.jpg

it's not highly evident- did you/how did you re-do your trunk lock cover(jeweled emblem)
I can't remember for sure, but that might be one of the ones that I refurbished. I've sold about 10 of them now, and forget who I've sold them all to...

Put my buddy in the driver's seat so that I could experience the chaos from the outside. The damn G8 still won.
Uhhh, yeah. Cuz G8's are beasts.

My daily driver G8 is faster than my "play car" 98....:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back