What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

What makes you think that would be easier than swapping the whole engine?

Nothing. I know swapping the engine would be immensely easier. But I'm looking at mileage. The Cougar's SOHC 4.6 only has 154k on it and my Mark's DOHC has 216k. It'll still be a huge undertaking at any rate because the Cougar still has plug wires and coil packs and my '97 has COP. I don't know, just spitballing some ideas. I'm still waiting on word on a '95 Mark with 82k miles on it. If I can get that one, I'm good to go. If not, I'll need to think about converting the Cougar into and XR-VIII :D

rumor has it that if you put SOHC heads on a DOHC block, you bump up the compression.

so, if you put DOHC heads on a SOHC block, do you lower the compression?

and coil pack to COP is not too bad.
i have thought many times about going to COP on my 93. its not actually that difficult all in all.

So at the shop waiting for a delivery. Decided to check front tire pressure as steering wheel was a bit off center when I left my house to come to work. Of course it's raining when I decided to do this and glad I did cause I was down about 10psi and 15 on the pass side :(

Now to sit and watch the Geese play chicken with the cars and trucks coming down the road cause nothing else to do....

Changed oil in her today. New oil filter was 3/4" longer and a bit bigger in dia. Took some extra thought to get it in there.

3.59 for 93 in the DFW area. Installed Moog front swaybar end links, made my some of the undercarriage noises go away.

For some reason I decided to work on the car today after work.

Removed the center console to replace the little plastic piece between the ashtray lid and the woodgrain bezel. It was peeling a bit, replaced with a clean one from the parts car I raped last summer.

While I was motivated I finally decided to remove the 2 rear side panel to see why the seat belts weren't retracting all the way on there own. Ends up the idiot who replaced the speakers 2 years ago left the padding covering the assemblies on both sides instead of tucking it behind them, thus causing the belt to get hung up. :Bang

the White One:
looked for a new AF at Walmart, O-reilly's, advance...found an STP at AZ....??wt....
----
snipped eleph ears, intake re-attachment pending, also gunna finish tightening everything on rebuilt front end, swap tires from the brown one, get aligned later today
---
with coils (not air) on this car do they just have to freestyle the alignment? or does their system have preset parameters/margins for coils?

So on way home yesterday I saw a Mark I have seen a few times before. However as you can kind of see from the vid I do not believe I have ever seen one this color?
[video=youtube;Zt_0J4B5-FA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt_0J4B5-FA[/video]

Haha!!!!! We are SUCH stalkers. :shifty: ;) That's Desert Rose Metallic, I do believe.

marksontravels.jpg

Didn't happen today but when I went to wash my car and I popped the gas door so I could wash out behind the door. When I did this I noticed the gas cap was just sitting in the filler tube and not locked in. I thought to myself WTH and was thinking what the last station I was at was :confused:

Anyway I just had to go scan my fathers truck cause his light was on. Wound up being a big evap leak cause someone didn't screw the cap on tight.

So what is it that the pump jockeys now are to weak to screw on a gas cap :mad:

Didn't happen today but when I went to wash my car and I popped the gas door so I could wash out behind the door. When I did this I noticed the gas cap was just sitting in the filler tube and not locked in. I thought to myself WTH and was thinking what the last station I was at was :confused:

Anyway I just had to go scan my fathers truck cause his light was on. Wound up being a big evap leak cause someone didn't screw the cap on tight.

So what is it that the pump jockeys now are to weak to screw on a gas cap :mad:

Pump your own gas?

Illegal to do in the state on New Jersey

I had a women come up to me at a gas station before and say "excuse me, can you help me pump gas, I'm from New Jersey and I've never pumped gas before." I said sure and pumped the gas for her. :)
I am curious tho...why can't anyone pump there own gas?

I had a women come up to me at a gas station before and say "excuse me, can you help me pump gas, I'm from New Jersey and I've never pumped gas before." I said sure and pumped the gas for her. :)
I am curious tho...why can't anyone pump there own gas?

Some stations let me pump my own gas but others are all pissy with the you have to wait for us to do it like Hess or Sunoco's around me.

I know it's a state law BS thing cause they want to drop it so the stations would be able to charge less as they wouldn't have to pay so many employees. Of course that would never happen and the prices would stay the same.

Some stations let me pump my own gas but others are all pissy with the you have to wait for us to do it like Hess or Sunoco's around me.

I know it's a state law BS thing cause they want to drop it so the stations would be able to charge less as they wouldn't have to pay so many employees. Of course that would never happen and the prices would stay the same.

Geez, and you're still paying waaaay less in gas than 1/3 of the country. For 4.60/gal I expect someone to fill it up, wash the windows, check the fluids and cook me dinner.

Last edited:
Well don't worry on that cause on the extremely rare occasion that a Pump Jockey does wash my windows I look for a hidden camera or something :shifty:

the White One has been on jack stands for about 5-6 weeks, finally got it down, rebuilt front end, got it aligned, ready to make it my DD now while I do the brake mod/hub swap on the Brown One
0608210337_zps4e729cf1.jpg

So I ended up doing
Rear Pads,rotors, left caliper bracket, right caliper, left wheel bearing, hub and shocks.
She is much happier now.
Cant believe how bad the rear bearing was and was still quiet.
Glad I had a spare hub sitting around.

Forgot this was on the daily driver 95 mark.

IMG_20130609_010332_557.jpg

Members online

Back