What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Got rid of the UPS truck on my tail

I put new glass over the drivers side mirror. The middle of it had turned brown and looked just like one of the big brown trucks was always following me. I like cheap, easy fixes.

i put a new power steering pump and high pressure line on mine to day and all i have to say is that if i have to do it again im selling the damn thing

i put a new power steering pump and high pressure line on mine to day and all i have to say is that if i have to do it again im selling the damn thing
mine is making some noise, but still working...I was under the impression this was a pretty simple job.....why was it such a b_ch?

Busy day for my marks today.

I swapped my winter wheels on the 96
filled the 96 with Sta-bil and fuel
winterized it and put her away for the winter

I put the stock wheels on my 94
removed HID housings
installed hallogens
filled it with fuel
am going to wash it tomorrow

mine is making some noise, but still working...I was under the impression this was a pretty simple job.....why was it such a b_ch?

the pump itself wasnt to bad 4 bolts and it falls out but the damn line sucked had to pull the front cross bar off the pump (i installed the pump last week but was un aware the line was bad) and the oil filter just to be able to squees my hand up by the rack to get 2 wrenches on the line to get it out. going back in was simple thow

Alignment done! She's baaaaaaaaaaack! Drives a LOT better but there's still a funny knocking noise coming from the front. I'm betting sway bar links. Those were cheap chinese junk parts off fleabay too. That'll be the next thing I replace:)

Turns out the knocking sound I was hearing wasn't the suspension. The shop apparently took the front wheels off for some reason and didn't tighten the lug nuts:eek: that's pi$$es me off! Tightened the lugs and she drives perfectly now. Problem is the P/S wheel looks like it's been pushed back in the fender well. I'm going to take it back to the shop tomorrow to tell them about the lug nuts and ask them why the wheel looks weird.

The thing that leaks famously on 4.6L Ford engines is the "oil adapter gasket". Located on the driver's side of the engine, it's a Felpro part number 70415 - I've changed several. They leak as they get older and look like this:

41uMymMm-nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That, and the OPSU

Yeahhh..... that's ALL leaking. Adapter gasket, OPSU, you name it. Plus my oil pan is rusty as hell. I have my late model pan off geting powedercoated right now actually.

bought a used Trac Lok, checked prices on gears and labor;
filled up the gas tank after I was almost empty and got smoked by a effin' Toyota SUV

they did a terrible job. caster is way off. take it back.

Yeah. Didn't notice until this morning. Been sick all day. I'll take it back tomorrow.

Update: Took the car by the shop this morning. They measured the wheelbase on both sides and it is difinitely off about 1/2" on the passenger side. They said to drop it off in the morning and they would try to fix it.

Also, she's been acting wierd. The T/C has been kicking in randomly while driving down the road. I have had to stop and turn it off twice. It kicked on this morning on my way to work and when I got it turned off, the engine starting misfiring and the CEL started flashing. Took it to Auto Zone and pulled codes. It had one code for misfire on #1 cylinder and MLPS out of range (which I already new about). So now I'm at work and I have to drive the car home tonight with the misfire. I hope it's just the spark plug and not the coil.

The old Thaywood is back!! If it's the coil, I'll send you one for free.

Yeppers! Finally get the car back on the road and wouldn't ya know it, everything starts to break down:( I'm going to check the plug tomorrow. I've got a good one I can change it out with to see if that's the problem. If it is the coil, I'll be sendin' ya a PM:)

it was 60 degrees tonight; washed and waxed the passenger side after work

Took my driver side manifold off and welded it, bolted back up-wasn't too bad. Now I want headers
20121205_180945.jpg

Also, she's been acting wierd. The T/C has been kicking in randomly while driving down the road. I have had to stop and turn it off twice.

T/C is traction control? or torque converter?

If traction control, maybe there's something up with your ABS sensor on the wheel that was loose? Hopefully it's just dirty, but I'd take a look at it before you go back in.

the pump itself wasnt to bad 4 bolts and it falls out but the damn line sucked had to pull the front cross bar off the pump (i installed the pump last week but was un aware the line was bad) and the oil filter just to be able to squees my hand up by the rack to get 2 wrenches on the line to get it out. going back in was simple thow

i did my pressure line and found that a crows foot was my best friend, believe it was a 17 or 18mm? had it at my shop where i could actually stand under it and it made it 10x easier ;)

No problem friend! Good luck!

Replaced all 8 spark plugs last night. No luck:( Must be a bad coil... Still getting the flashing CEL and she's running like pure shyte...Plus there was oil in several of the spark plug holes:(

T/C is traction control? or torque converter?

If traction control, maybe there's something up with your ABS sensor on the wheel that was loose? Hopefully it's just dirty, but I'd take a look at it before you go back in.

Sorry, Traction Control. It still did it after I tightened all the lug nuts. When I get it back I'll clean the sensors and see what happens. I just dropped it off at the shop again this morning to get them to fix the p/s front wheel. They measured the wheelbase yesterday and it was a perfect 113" on the d/s and 112.5" on the p/s.So it's definitely off quite a bit. It's never done that before so I'm relatively certain it has something to do with the alignment they performed. It has brand new LCA's and SRB's at the control arm but I don't think that would cause that much of a change:confused:

Update: Got it back from the shop a little while ago and the p/s front wheel is nicely centered in the fenderwell now. It looks much better. :)

Members online

Back