What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Something I threw together, based on a markviii.org article dated sometime back in 2000.

It'll have a piece of air line joining the 2 pieces together once I figure out where the dryer/solenoid will be mounted.

image-3305047853.jpg

Thaywood, I'm still interested in what we talked about, gimme a week.

10-4 just let me know:)

Someone should grab his hood...I could make another custom :)

Definitely! I don't have any use for it and it's brand new. Still in the box. Just has a couple of chips on the corners. And it's fiberglass so should be an easy fix. I should have everything home Wednesday so I will take pics and post them. The hood was $199.99 from Americanmuscle.com.

Cold weather in Texas??? surely you jest!:rolleyes::)

Its 57* here right now, that's cold to me.. and in all seriousness can be fatal however unlikely, because I know when to go inside, despite what Laser thinks

RoFL, I dress like a ninja in the winter. I've got my old military gear I still use. Its full black, insulated pants and a few different tops, a black Gator Neck and black fleece skull cap. Its funny the expressions I get walking into stores until I rip my head gear off

Something I threw together, based on a markviii.org article dated sometime back in 2000.

It'll have a piece of air line joining the 2 pieces together once I figure out where the dryer/solenoid will be mounted.

I guess I should specify....it's for the air ride, to bypass the OEM dryer/vent solenoid when venting.

The manifold is to splice into the 4 air lines and then send the air out to the dryer and solenoid valve.

image-1219837457.jpg

image-4101437324.jpg

Had to check on my white valve covers yesterday. Yep their black. Started to wipe off the crap they sprayed all over. Thought I'd do the intake tube mod. Almost done,boy that plastic is thick. Time to paint the grill. What idiot designed this setup? OK it's on the bench and found out needs a little more than paint. I thought a little chrome peeling. Broken in about 5 places. Locktite plastic expoxy today and fiberglass tommorow. Going to make it strong like bull. Anybody take the spring system out and make brackets? Seems like the plate holder's going to hit first. That's on the bench also. I installed a hid kit with orginal bubble lenses(cleaned inside and out). Looks as bright as my 98. The kit's been sitting on the shelf for over a year. Did'nt want to rush the job. Keep the shiney side up TONYyyy

I got the Cobra bumper cover and hood home this morning but I haven't had time to take any pics. The hood is still in the box and I haven't had time to take it out to look it over. But hopefully I'll get some pics put up by Friday. Let me know if anyone is interested in the hood. It is primer white.

Late last night on my way back from Miami, doing about 78 on the interstate, a white LS was speeding up to me but then happened to slow to my speed once he was beside my car. Not sure what his deal was as it didn't look like he was trying to do anything but just cruise beside me. It looked like a basic LS with dark tinted windows and factory everything. He just stuck beside me for a good 10 minutes. But, if he was just admiring my car, then awesome. Kinda creeped me out for a bit as I wasn't sure what he was doing.

crank no start! chit! my buddy used a spare key to jump off another car. when we shut it off it was normal. next morning crank no start with 3 different keys. can i reprogram my antitheft module? thank

I got the stock 1995 JBL system working in my LSC and I gotta tell you - I really expected it to sound a lot better. These stock systems (JBL or not) just sound like poo.

I got the stock 1995 JBL system working in my LSC and I gotta tell you - I really expected it to sound a lot better. These stock systems (JBL or not) just sound like poo.

Which is what always makes me curious as to why folks want to rebuild the stock system. I've been in some very expensive cars, and even those stock systems are still... stock.

Which is what always makes me curious as to why folks want to rebuild the stock system. I've been in some very expensive cars, and even those stock systems are still... stock.

Well, I rebuilt it because I paid $3 for the head unit at a flea market and $20 for the JBL amp off fleabay. So, for $23 at least it's working.

I'll get one of those $300 Pioneer touch screen units with some awesome speakers later!

I for one didn't mind the stock system. It had absolutely zero bass but the highs were enough to keep up with 3 type r's for the short amount of time that I ran a loc on it.

If one were to throw a single 12" in with the oem stuff I think it would be an all around decent setup with minimal finacial strain.

Was time to realize that winter was coming.
Got the wheels with winter tires on them for $80, worn tires and crappy rims. Nice ;)
267820-2963768.jpg

Well, I rebuilt it because I paid $3 for the head unit at a flea market and $20 for the JBL amp off fleabay. So, for $23 at least it's working.

I'll get one of those $300 Pioneer touch screen units with some awesome speakers later!

OK $23 to have something.. I can see that.. I'm talking mainly about the guys that want to rebuild it stock.. just to keep the car stock.
I'm selling my Eclipse touch screen nav deck, I'd take $150+sh for it, pm me if you're interested
I've also got a 12" Infinity sub 120.9 1400W for $140+sh

+1, I think the most common "crank, no start" is a dead fuel pump on these, so check rail pressure.

I disagree. I would say that the most common "crank, no start" cause is from cam position sensor, or crank position sensor...

One of those, I can't remember which. Just got off of a 12 hour night shift and need to go sleepy.

OK $23 to have something.. I can see that.. I'm talking mainly about the guys that want to rebuild it stock.. just to keep the car stock.
I'm selling my Eclipse touch screen nav deck, I'd take $150 for it, pm me if you're interested

Do you have a model number so I can look it up, first? Thanks!

I disagree. I would say that the most common "crank, no start" cause is from cam position sensor, or crank position sensor...

One of those, I can't remember which. Just got off of a 12 hour night shift and need to go sleepy.

If the CrankPS goes bad... it won't ... Crank ;).. now go sleepy time

NetKeym its an AVN 5500- and I just pulled that price pit of thin air.. if you find one cheaper, send me the link and I'll match it

Only a bad Crank Sensor (CKP) would prevent starting, a bad cam sensor will only delay the start, but won't prevent it.

Sapper, you have a pm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back