What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

6d1335927386-body-lift-modded-tow-hooks-canada-negarivo_no_emoticon_no_18_www-trucoslive-com-gif.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSype_mYSibcvgFGqYdJmgWWo-zibwDBGfGaBbrAFz0vHHF_776Dw.jpg

I gotta quit drunk posting

Started these today, should be finished Monday:)
20121130_165629.jpg

I spoke derp earlier.. the car WILL crank with a bad crank sensor, but it'll never fire
Its located on the lower passenger side front of the block, behind the AC compressor

Ok, sorry about term misinterpretation.
When I said it won't crank, I meant it will turn over but not start.
When Sapper says it WILL crank, he means it will turn over but not start.

Just making sure that's clear! lol

I walked past my Mark today. Tires still have air in them. Not sure if the engine has any oil left in it though.... I think the piece of cardboard under it has all its gonna hold!

Drove the mark last week from 86th street in Bklyn home, lets just say this thing is fun on the highway haha

Flashed my XCAL2 custom tune from Aaron at Tru Dyno Sports, LLC.....AWESOME! it's like driving a stick again....and my 'drone' is minimized: the tranny's not shifting down into 12-1500 rpm's nearly as much; ...best thing I've done for this car!

I'm in too deep to turn back now....F*** rust. :(

Times like these I wish I had a second car again.

There's some stuff on the market now that reverses rust

:mad:

Soaked every bolt for the last week so that everything would come apart easily. The only one giving me trouble is the lower line. I'm about to set the damn thing on fire.

P.s. I have no patience.

Lower line for what? I'm not sure what your project is this time.. at any rate, if you're removing LINES, you should be using Line Wrenches

I walked past my Mark today. Tires still have air in them. Not sure if the engine has any oil left in it though.... I think the piece of cardboard under it has all its gonna hold!

The thing that leaks famously on 4.6L Ford engines is the "oil adapter gasket". Located on the driver's side of the engine, it's a Felpro part number 70415 - I've changed several. They leak as they get older and look like this:

41uMymMm-nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The thing that leaks famously on 4.6L Ford engines is the "oil adapter gasket". Located on the driver's side of the engine, it's a Felpro part number 70415 - I've changed several. They leak as they get older and look like this:

41uMymMm-nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That, and the OPSU

Lower line for what? I'm not sure what your project is this time.. at any rate, if you're removing LINES, you should be using Line Wrenches

Sorry, lower trans line @ the radiator. I just got it too budge but the lines moving with the fitting. Looks like I might have to use fire.

Yeah or nay?

Gonna go out and try to straighten the front wheels out a little so I can drive it 20 miles to the shop Monday morning for the alignment without eating the tires up. Can't wait to get the ol' girl back on the road again. I love driving the Cougie but I miss my Mark terribly.

Lower trans line @ the radiator. I just got it too budge but the lines moving with the fitting. Looks like I might have to use fire.

Yeah or nay?

So the line is trying to twist as you remove the fitting? If it breaks you'll need a new trans line, which requires that you drop the sub frame to R/R. I wouldnt suggest using fire in that area

Grab the line near the fitting with some vise grips, but don't collapse the line. Then use your line wrench. Try to slightly over tighten the fitting
.. slightly! This can help break the rust loose.

Yeh, that happened to one of my TBird tranny lines - it twisted when I turned it so I stopped before it broke. I just cut it off with a hack saw and used a compression fitting.

So the line is trying to twist as you remove the fitting? If it breaks you'll need a new trans line, which requires that you drop the sub frame to R/R. I wouldnt suggest using fire in that area

Grab the line near the fitting with some vise grips, but don't collapse the line. Then use your line wrench. Try to slightly over tighten the fitting
.. slightly! This can help break the rust loose.

Thats what was happening :( I stopped as I didn't want to risk breaking it and then really being up sh!ts creek. I'll probably end up being more agressive with it when I have the fittings/hose for if/when it breaks.

Yeh, that happened to one of my TBird tranny lines - it twisted when I turned it so I stopped before it broke. I just cut it off with a hack saw and used a compression fitting.

If it's needed i'll go this route. I'll just make sure i'm prepared. :D If it weren't for working on that line I would've probably been done in an hour or so. Who am I kidding, more like 3 hours...

started her up, washed her, put her back in the driveway.

still need a new trans for my car :(

Cobra Hood For Sale

I know I'm not in the "For Sale" section, but I mentioned this hood earlier and thought I'd put a couple of pictures up if anyone's interested. It's brand new still in the box from AmericanMuscle. The only issue is that it has cracked corners on the back (see pictures). It was $199 new. I'll take $100 plus shipping (or best offer:)). PM me if you're interested. Thanks.
cobra hood 1.jpg

cobra hood 2.jpg

cobra hood 3.jpg

cobra hood 1.jpg

cobra hood 2.jpg

cobra hood 3.jpg

Did it come with the inserts for the nostrils?
I don't think so. The description at americanmuscle.com doesn't say anything about them and the pictures don't show them. I guess they assume you will have the inserts already. But I haven't taken all the cardboard off the hood so they may be in there somewhere. I will check later and let you know.

From what I know, they're obsolete, and are fairly pricey on the Bay

Members online

No members online now.
Back