What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Hand washed car yesterday in preparation to clay bar and wax. Headlight fogged up! Bummed about that. But my blend door works now! One step forward, two back.

Finally! Dropped the Cobra off at the body shop today. They said she'll be fixed up by Wednesday. My wife is happy. And a happy wife makes for a happy life (for the husband:D). Nothing done to the Mark lately though. I'm getting the alignment done at the end of the month when I get paid. Then she'll be back in action again!

wow, thanks!

Bring the car down to Columbia, SC, and I'll do it for half that price. Will most likely take less time too....unless the bottom bolt is seized, then maybe a little longer.

Wow..that's great didn't expect that!... do you have time on Th,Fri,Sat, or Sun this week?
Thanks!
Scott
email : sacheson@bellsouth.net
phone : 7043667056

:D

Wow..that's great didn't expect that!... do you have time on Th,Fri,Sat, or Sun this week?
Thanks!
Scott

I'll try throwing you an email, or giving you a call if I can. I don't think this weekend will work for me. I'm scheduled to work nights through the weekend, and will have family in town too.

It looks like it would have to be one of the following 2 weekends for me to be able to help you. Do you think it can wait that long?

My baby's getting an alignment done and hopefully the rear shocks replaced since the bushing is toast on the passenger side lower. Both uppers in the trunk look like they just rolled off the assembly line. :shifty: The rattle has been driving me bonkers, though. Should be GOOD to have her foundation in order. Watch out for some serious ripping around now! :D

alignment.jpg

Great, now I'm hungry... but I'm having an American with bacon and a fried egg on it

Great, now I'm hungry... but I'm having an American with bacon and a fried egg on it

Yummy, Peanut butter and bologna sammich for me.

death.png

The picture looks alot better than the one I just ate. Still, most will find it disgusting.

Elvis is in the building... Gimmee a big RC and a moon pie

Astonishingly, the guy told me my car was so clean and rust free that all it needed was an alignment. The rear isn't rattling now and I'm not sure what they did. He said, "Honestly, I'd just ride it around. It looks great!" It cost me $55.

So, I've just been riding it around and getting goosebumps. It's such good news. I didn't want to rip around a corner and leave my engine on the ground or anything. I just LOVE having this car in awesome shape. It makes my day, month and year!

That's why I've decided to name her "Little Wing." -Moonbeams and fairy tales... Ridin' with the Wind. :D PERFECT weather today, too. I'm outa here!!!!!!! :p

Thanks!
Scott

Bring it to Madison, AL. and I'll knock them out for nothing. Have you in and out within an hour and you can sit and watch tv in the garage while you wait. :p Any day!

Bring it to Madison, AL. and I'll knock them out for nothing. Have you in and out within an hour and you can sit and watch tv in the garage while you wait. :p Any day!

I mapped CLT to Madison, AL! 900 mi roundtrip..damn that's only about..(900 mi)(1 gal/25 mi)(3.75 $/1 gal) = 135 $...that means I would save 65$! I might reconsider my weekend plans! Thanks for the offer.

My daughter went to Space Camp in Huntsville last summer and wants to go again next summer...maybe we could meet up then. Hopefully I will have the Mk8 in better condition also! Thanks! :cool:

I'll try throwing you an email, or giving you a call if I can. I don't think this weekend will work for me. I'm scheduled to work nights through the weekend, and will have family in town too.

It looks like it would have to be one of the following 2 weekends for me to be able to help you. Do you think it can wait that long?

No problem...I am anxious to have them replaced. The compressor is having to work hard every morning! Since I have two quotes from independents now I think I will get a quote also from my friendly, albeit expensive, Ford dealership here in CLT. I took the car in to one dealership here and the young service rep couldn't answer my question as to the location of the compressor...he had to go get a mechanic who had some experience. I bet they estimate $300 at the other dealership where i had the ac compressor done and new front radial arm bushings...come to read or find out after that, that the blue colored replacement bushings (moog brand?) are apparently of questionable quality. Ah well so it goes. I have friday off so I may just take it over to a my mechanic close by and have him put the new ones in.. while I blow leaves off my property...not nearly as much fun! Ah well so it goes! Have a good turkey day!

Crossover

broke off a second 1/4'' drive in the coolant fill neck, crossover tube....this one does not want to come out...#*@%

1 bolt and 3 nuts each and the sylinoid air line , it realy ain't that hard.

Yeah, I think I will give it a go...I removed a pair from an Mk8 at the pull-a-part here. So why shouldn't I try? I went over to the dealership today and the mechanic who had worked on the ac and front radial arms thought it would take him abt 3 hrs...$345 bucks. Damn, I can take my sweet time and if have problems I can rent a car for less than that!

I got instructions, pics, from here so I know how to do it...will give me confidence also for rear suspension repairs.

Thanks!!

Yeah, I think I will give it a go...I removed a pair from an Mk8 at the pull-a-part here. So why shouldn't I try? I went over to the dealership today and the mechanic who had worked on the ac and front radial arms thought it would take him abt 3 hrs...$345 bucks. Damn, I can take my sweet time and if have problems I can rent a car for less than that!

I got instructions, pics, from here so I know how to do it...will give me confidence also for rear suspension repairs.

Thanks!!

It's really nothing to it but make sure to get all of the air out of the ones that are coming out and the ones going in. I just used an extra car battery and some speaker wire. Stick the wire up into the solenoid without touching the two pieces together and the solenoid will open. I got mine in without taking anything apart except the air shocks being removed and replaced. I used a long pry bar to get them up and over so the bottom bolt could be pushed back through the bottom. The impact took care of loosening the bottom bolt and then tightening it back when the new ones were put in. The first one took me a little bit but the second one took maybe 15 min, to remove and replace. I'm sure I could do a pair now within 30 min if I was really rushed. 45 min easy.

broke off a second 1/4'' drive in the coolant fill neck, crossover tube....this one does not want to come out...#*@%

I warmed up the car , shut it down , waited a bit and used a pair o channel locks. Worked and now there's som teeth to grab on to when I want to take it off again , it gets covered up by the intec cover any way

Thanks!!

Go for it dude its only intimidating untill you take out the first one and the back is even easier , all in all took me 2.5 hours my first time to go all away around and I took my time in the Texas heat. You'll feel like king sht when you finish it your self and when ya see slammed marks ,you'll be like ya wann sell that old lincoln man

Members online

No members online now.
Back