What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I recently bought LED reverse light bulbs and license plate bulbs for my 95 5.0, from V-LEDS.COM expensive but well worth it. These are top notch bulbs and I can't believe how bright they are. I picked the 6000K white bulbs and they're blinding lol.

Did you get your exhaust sorted out? I lost track of that thread

Which bulbs did you end up using?

I got all the parts for the exhaust but put off the fix until next summer. It's almost time to put the Mark up for the winter anyway.
I got 20 of the 5-SMD 194's and installed them in everything, in trunk, under hood and plate. I also got on order these...
2pcs 42mm 16-SMD 1.72" 12V Festoon Dome Light LED bulbs 211-2 212-2 569 578 - White.
4pcs 20-SMD T10 12V Light LED Replacement Bulbs 168 194 2825 W5W - White.
4pcs 42mm 8-SMD 1.72" 12V Festoon Dome Light LED bulbs 211-2 212-2 569 578 - White.
To finish off my Blazer and Jeep.
I chromed the inside of the light housing on the doors panels in my Mark for better reflectiveness...there bright now!

Non-Mark related, but I got the Exploder back on the road again this weekend. Looks like the front wheel bearings are okay. The retainer nut just needed tightening. Vacuumed and shampooed the interior and she's good as new. Now all I have to do is fix the hatch handle and the p/s rear power window (rebuild motor with new bushings) and that'll just about do it.:) The Mark is still waiting for a front end alignment and the Cobra is still waiting for the new hood and bumper to arrive:(.

it's like a dark brown(cool not warm) metallic...here's another pic, a little larger
http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnsherrill/media/be9d36c7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=21
here's another representation
http://gtcarlot.com/car/30615918
...best idea, go by a Lincoln dealer that has one on site...that's how I picked it
I'm surprised that inside my car, the exhaust is not real loud, plus I only paid 60 a piece for them NIB..no regrets..so far

I really like the Sig pic you have now..your photobucket link doesn't work though, get some good pics of that car during the day and upload to photobucket. Paste the "IMG" link here and the pics will show up in the thread.

All I did today was listen to the creaky front end. Have it every winter (<35) but this year it's a little worse. Not bj creak, i'm thinking lca bushings if anything. Its "tight" and it aligns correctly so I don't think its anything serious.

On the plus side my big 3 upgrade is helping the car on cold mornings. Alot better than last year so far, think it was 25 on my way in today. Really maintains voltage alot better.

screwed up my factory headlight circuitry...in trying to resolve a non-working driving light behind the grill

Had the new rear glass glued in finally- 1 step closer to complete

Oh not much.. just listening to my awesome front end parts clunking and rattling to death, and if I'm not moving, then the IAC is sounding like it's stuck at 1000RPM instead of the normal ~750'ish.

Finally after 6 months of transmission problems I got around and swapped the MLPS.
But the problem is still there. Keeps popping in to neutral when I'm in 4th gear. Ofcourse it's a brand new MLPS.
Anyone has an idea of what it can be?

Finally after 6 months of transmission problems I got around and swapped the MLPS.
But the problem is still there. Keeps popping in to neutral when I'm in 4th gear. Ofcourse it's a brand new MLPS.

Hhmm, is the trans fluid topped off?

Is the shift handle physically moving into Neutral, the transmission slipping in 4th, or is it neutralling out in 4th until you slow down to 3rd?

stethoscope

bought a stethocsope and listened to the pulleys/housings on the front of my engine: idler pulley definitely making racket, water pump not bad...alt housing is kinda screechy, tensioner puller..not quite sure

Hhmm, is the trans fluid topped off?

Not that I'm aware of. The trans fluid in it is bad. And I haven't gotten around to change it because for a while I thought the whole trans was junk (that the clutches were slipping).

Is the shift handle physically moving into Neutral, the transmission slipping in 4th, or is it neutralling out in 4th until you slow down to 3rd?

It neutrals in 4th until I put in third. And then I have to work it back in to fourth. Like put it in O/D, no it went to neutral, back in third, O/D on, went to neutral and maybe after a while it can get in to fourth.

Changed out my idler pulley yesterday.

1117121005a95323172.jpg

Lubed the bottom of the doors/outer frame to keep the salt off. Lubed the weatherstripping/top of window to keep them from freezing (Worked great last year).

Sprayed all the bolts/lines for my radiator replacement next weekend.

Complete cleaneing, waxed the wheels and put in my winter mats.

today, changed my oil and remembered how much I hate changing the GD filter
yesterday, changed headlight housings to ones that are clear and have reflective inner coatings; and converted to HID...4300 in the lo's; 6000 in the hi's...spliced the steering column MF switch last weekend to keep lows on with highs
looks BRIGHT!
this is in the woods, with no street lights at all
1117200513.jpg

Not that I'm aware of. The trans fluid in it is bad. And I haven't gotten around to change it because for a while I thought the whole trans was junk (that the clutches were slipping).

I would definitely check your fluid level with the trans. Sounds like there isn't enough fluid in there to keep the trans in 4th, thus going in and out of neutral.

The fluid level is perfect but as I said, the fluid is really bad.
Maybe I'll change the trans fluid any time soon and see if that does the trick anyways. I was going to do it but backed out when I noticed the price for Mercon V in Sweden.

Took it out of the garage for the first time since last Sunday. Took it to breakfast. Brought it home, hosed the dust off it, and put it away until next weekend.

Looks like my seat track is going to sell. One might think thats a good thing, but i'm quite saddened by it. :(

oil change and long etc

I had the oil changed. Syn oil & filter. I talked to my favorite mechanic abt a mile from my home. He gave me a labor cost estimate of $200 (based on 3 hrs) to replace both d an p side front air struts which I ordered from sarad (AVS 16/17)...thanks to NoLimit for the advice. I got them for abt $300 a piece. I am nervous abt attempting the job myself...the Mark is my daily driver (213K). Yeah, I am being a chickensht but If I had a backup vehicle then I would attempt the swap. Looking forward to the new ride. I will have 2 kaput, but I presume repairable(?!) gen 1 air struts if anyone is interested. I don't want even think abt shipping costs! But according to what I have read here, imo, I made a wise and expensive decision :)rolleyes:). Need to look at the right rear shock tower grommet..clunking noise...next, and purchase rear shocks(?) or better sway bars(?)...anybody want to chime in? Really appreciate the help! I may have 250K on the car before long! Thanks!

Bring the car down to Columbia, SC, and I'll do it for half that price. Will most likely take less time too....unless the bottom bolt is seized, then maybe a little longer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back