What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

This is the hood they sell after it has been painted.

52763-Replacement-Cobra-Hood---Unpainted-94-98-All-.jpg

That's exactly what we need. Same hood, bumper, and cobra grill emblem. I sent them an e-mail yesterday with the links you gave me. If I haven't heard from them by lunch time, I'll give them a call again. Getting irritated...:mad:

That's exactly what we need. Same hood, bumper, and cobra grill emblem. I sent them an e-mail yesterday with the links you gave me. If I haven't heard from them by lunch time, I'll give them a call again. Getting irritated...:mad:

Hopefully they'll get you taken care of soon since they now have links directly to the source. They're probably doing some junkyard calling and trying to do everything as cheap as possible. I don't know the details of who is paying what but I don't feel like the hood being ready to sand and paint is overpriced. Same for the bumper cover, it's ready to be sanded smooth and painted to the color you need for it to be. I don't see any reason they should delay the purchase of both past today and wait for it to be shipped to them and get you fixed up. I would be calling daily or even twice a day and asking if it was purchased and on it's way but that's just me. 3 weeks is more than enough time, especially if I was able to find the parts you needed within 5 min or less, they (being a body shop) should be able to do the same. Good luck with it!

Hopefully they'll get you taken care of soon since they now have links directly to the source. They're probably doing some junkyard calling and trying to do everything as cheap as possible. I don't know the details of who is paying what but I don't feel like the hood being ready to sand and paint is overpriced. Same for the bumper cover, it's ready to be sanded smooth and painted to the color you need for it to be. I don't see any reason they should delay the purchase of both past today and wait for it to be shipped to them and get you fixed up. I would be calling daily or even twice a day and asking if it was purchased and on it's way but that's just me. 3 weeks is more than enough time, especially if I was able to find the parts you needed within 5 min or less, they (being a body shop) should be able to do the same. Good luck with it!

I agree. Nationwide is paying for everything (full coverage). Their original quote was over $600 for the bumper and about $500 for the hood with their (Bill Clark Chevrolet Cadillac in Southern Pines, NC) supplier. I didn't want to go with a GM body shop, but that's the one Nationwide told me to go with:rolleyes: So they're coming out cheaper with these. And if they go this route, that will save me from having to pay the $250 deductible and I may get some change back:D But we'll see. I have not received an e-mail reply or a phone call yet:mad:

Took drivers door apart.
Determined I had a faulty window motor.
Ordered new window motor from Rock Auto.
Should arrive in 2-3 business days, I can handle that!

Replaced my passenger side air spring and shock with a new one from Sarad.
:mad:

So you were the one that bought the last one? :D All they have left now is the drivers side and when they're out, there will be no more coming from them.

[url]http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/part_numbers/335083-shock-abso[/URL]

Lowest price I can find now on that side. I have dealt with this seller before and they were very good. Waited 2 days for a new one sealed in the box. I just can't remember which side I got from them but they had the 2010's, which was the last year they were produced.

Should have my p/s LCA on Thursday. I'll have the 'ol girl put back together on Saturday:)

Also spoke with the body shop man this morning about the Cobra and he said they still haven't found a hood or bumper. I told him about American Muscle and he said he would try that route. He said the reason they haven't found any is because they were trying to go with OEM parts. Hopefully they'll get them from AM and get the car in the shop this week. Another plus is that the AM parts are significantly less expensive than what was on the estimate so that will cover my deductible and I may get a couple hundred bucks back:D We'll see.

Should have my p/s LCA on Thursday. I'll have the 'ol girl put back together on Saturday:)

Also spoke with the body shop man this morning about the Cobra and he said they still haven't found a hood or bumper. I told him about American Muscle and he said he would try that route. He said the reason they haven't found any is because they were trying to go with OEM parts. Hopefully they'll get them from AM and get the car in the shop this week. Another plus is that the AM parts are significantly less expensive than what was on the estimate so that will cover my deductible and I may get a couple hundred bucks back:D We'll see.

Any cut in there for me? :D a $20 spot will work lol. Juss messin with ya thaywood. I would tell them you would like to OEM it down the road before the year is over with. Let them know you needed the car back like yesterday.

No before pics Rich? Maybe you're waiting on the after but you know we like before and after pics. Hope it turns out nice like you want it when completed.

The before pics are ni the for sale section. Rossco posted them. I did get a Photobucket acct. Now I just have to get em up here. Go find the ad Terry. I know you could find it in two seconds:)

I bought it on 10-14 but I only just now put it on. Procrastination :(

:mad:

So you were the one that bought the last one? :D All they have left now is the drivers side and when they're out, there will be no more coming from them.

[url]http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/part_numbers/335083-shock-abso[/URL]

Lowest price I can find now on that side. I have dealt with this seller before and they were very good. Waited 2 days for a new one sealed in the box. I just can't remember which side I got from them but they had the 2010's, which was the last year they were produced.

Lets see.....Rear brake lines are crusty, leaking mystery fluid, random jerking and my windshield wipers need to be replaced.

But I did wash it. :)

I replaced the factory JBL amp that was popping/reeally low volume/dead half the time with one from ebay that doesn't pop or anything, but the volume is still reeally low most of the time. As in can barely hear the lyrics at full volume. Sometimes I get lucky and the volume is decent at "only" 2/3. Any ideas? The cassette function is broken on the stock radio, think it's the stock head unit or something else? Not dropping big bucks on a whole new system.

I replaced the factory JBL amp that was popping/reeally low volume/dead half the time with one from ebay that doesn't pop or anything, but the volume is still reeally low most of the time. As in can barely hear the lyrics at full volume. Sometimes I get lucky and the volume is decent at "only" 2/3. Any ideas? The cassette function is broken on the stock radio, think it's the stock head unit or something else? Not dropping big bucks on a whole new system.

Get a COBY (cheap) mp3 player and some earbuds. You'll be better off! I would suspect your stock stereo has decided, it's done.

[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855616135&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA[/URL]

I'll ship you my head unit from the JBL system. It has a cassette and controlled a ten disc changer. It was working fine when I removed it. Maybe for just the shipping cost. Hope this helps! :D

I'll ship you my head unit from the JBL system. It has a cassette and controlled a ten disc changer. It was working fine when I removed it. Maybe for just the shipping cost. Hope this helps! :D

Just wanted to throw this out there - I pulled my JBL head unit and threw it away because it was all messed up. I just picked up an IDENTICAL head unit at the flea market for $2 !!! :p

Just wanted to throw this out there - I pulled my JBL head unit and threw it away because it was all messed up. I just picked up an IDENTICAL head unit at the flea market for $2 !!! :p

i ditched my whole JBL system and never looked back...

on topic, i drove it for the first time in a few days. then parked it. probably for a few days. probably gonna top off the gas tank, then run to walmart and grab some ammunition.

i ditched my whole JBL system and never looked back...

I've never understood the people that rave about the JBL system that came in these cars. Quite frankly, I think it sounds like crap. My mom's Saturn has a better sounding sound system in it. And the 10-disc in the trunk was a joke. It skipped every time I went over a bump in the road. I am much happier with the aftermarket sound system in my 97. ;) I can't hear anything in my 98 over the exhaust anyways. LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back