What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I know there's a way to go into the steering column and do a splice to keep the lo beams on when the brights are turned on or have just the lo's on; this mod needs to be done with an HID conversion on the lo beams to keep from killing the ballasts with on/off/on/off
there may be downsides to this configuration, what are they?
after pix
[url]http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnsherrill/media/grilllights2.jpg.html[/URL]
[url]http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnsherrill/media/grilllights1.jpg.html[/URL]

No downsides.

Remove the upper steering column cover by taking out the ignition lock cylinder and four screws. The lower part of the cover will also come loose.
Then, locate the two torx screws holding the multifunction lever switch and unfasten them. (Torx-20)
You will find two connectors on the multifunction switch. The smaller one has two rows of pins, one with three and one with four. On one end of the four pin side, you will find a red/black and a red/yellow wire, contact numbers 13 and 15, splice number 270 if I recall correctly.
Just connect these two terminals with a suitable piece of wire and you're done. No relays, almost no extra wiring, no hassle, no computer interference.
Repeat the above steps in reverse order to reinstall.

5000K HID kit or 6000K HID kit with some clean housings. Halogen housings work just fine and take the 9005 bulbs. That's what I use. Well, I'm using 6K and 10K bulbs right now but I have some extra 6K boxed up if needed but I don't need my highs for anything.

Chris, you make me more and more proud everyday. Love seeing what's in the box. Now we need one more. Did you get the 16 or 17? When both are put on, you're going to see just what you have been missing all this time. I never would have believed the difference it made.

oh i got both. :) put them on this weekend. the front is definitely smoother, way less floaty, and even a little quieter. i love it.

I know there's a way to go into the steering column and do a splice to keep the lo beams on when the brights are turned on or have just the lo's on; this mod needs to be done with an HID conversion on the lo beams to keep from killing the ballasts with on/off/on/off
there may be downsides to this configuration, what are they?

There is this too on Lincolnsonline:

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00096.html

Which details the multiswitch hack for continual low beam.

Oh im sure he would have. This Lingenfelter package SS would have been eaten alive, wouldn't it have?

Now my Mark, I don't think it would have lost either. But I believe my car is a 'special' supercar. And lives in the bat cave.

Installed my HID set I bought recently. Well all but the final hook up of the power to the relays. I was slaving away, sort of in the rain, and got a call saying Friday not tonight.so I stopped that nonsense. Old girlfriend.

Still it's basically done, all the grinding and fitting stuff is over. I'll hook that up tomorrow and install my new climate control center with the good buttons. Maybe do my multi function switch tweak and my clockspring but I don't push myself very hard. It's nice to have an extra car so I don't 'have' to finish anything to travel.

oh i got both. :) put them on this weekend. the front is definitely smoother, way less floaty, and even a little quieter. i love it.

Yeah, there is no float at all with new ones. If I go over a speed breaker, it will come up of course and then dip down once and right back up into place and the HWY ride is a lot different too but to the good. I'm glad to see you got both. :)

Wow. I replied to no limit and its just now showing. Odd

lol, I'm just now seeing it today on Halloween. So your car also lives in a bat cave too. I can't call my garage a bat cave but I swear it has not been outside in nearly 10 days, maybe more. I have it pulled in too, not backed in like normal and it's a good thing because my son was outside playing basketball, (he's 10) and the door was half way up. He made a shot and the ball bounced off the rim and hit my rear bumper cover, right where my grille would have been if I had been backed in. It didn't hurt the bumper cover but I have told that kid 100 times to shut the door when playing ball. How hard is it to take a remote control outside and push a button. He keeps a remote clipped on his handle bars on his bike.

Anyway, I think I might crank it up today and let it run for a few minutes. I'm visiting the dentist tomorrow morning at 8:30 but he's maybe 4 to 6 minutes from me. Extraction time, top back left and I needed it pulled "yesterday". Toothaches suck!

Installed my new JBL amp from ebay today. Sound doesn't pop/no sound anymore, but it's still REALLY quiet. I found out all the rear speakers were unplugged, so I plugged those in.

One of the inputs on the amp doesn't have anything going into it. The original amp didn't either, and I couldn't find anything laying around the amp compartment to go into it.
Also, noticed another possible plug not there. Pics.

Any ideas? I thought the new amp would bring back the factory sound I haven't heard yet!

1031121714b.jpg

1031121713.jpg

Still looking at mine sitting on jack stands:( Waiting for my new LCA from Amazon. On a side note: Anybody know where I can get a factory front bumper and hood for a '96 Cobra? The body shop that's supposed to be fixing my wife's car can't seem to locate one:confused: I've seen a few bumpers on fleabay, but no stock hoods, just the Cobra R hood. She doesn't want that one though. She likes the "flaired nostril" hood that's on the car.

Mines been making random disturbing clunking noises the last day or so. Sounds/feels like a trans/converter lock/unlock issue. I'm stoked.

Time to check the fluid and maybe put in my other tube of Dr. Tranny. It has been 10-12k since I put the last one in. The thing is thing is happening at lower speeds this time as well, before the shudder just happened around 40mph iirc. IF this is even a shudder. Idfk.

Still looking at mine sitting on jack stands:( Waiting for my new LCA from Amazon. On a side note: Anybody know where I can get a factory front bumper and hood for a '96 Cobra? The body shop that's supposed to be fixing my wife's car can't seem to locate one:confused: I've seen a few bumpers on fleabay, but no stock hoods, just the Cobra R hood. She doesn't want that one though. She likes the "flaired nostril" hood that's on the car.

This close enough?
[url]http://www.americanmuscle.com/cobra-frontbumper-9498.html[/URL]

[url]http://www.americanmuscle.com/stock-cobra-hood-9698.html[/URL]

See? There ya go. Now why is it so difficult for a car delership body shop to find something like that? It's been three weeks since the accident. I'm going to call them tomorrow and if they say they haven't found anything yet I'll e-mail the body shop supervisor these links:D

See? There ya go. Now why is it so difficult for a car delership body shop to find something like that? It's been three weeks since the accident. I'm going to call them tomorrow and if they say they haven't found anything yet I'll e-mail the body shop supervisor these links:D

3 weeks.... and I found them in less than 3 minutes. They need to learn how to use Google. :p

3 weeks.... and I found them in less than 3 minutes. They need to learn how to use Google. :p

Yep. And I haven't had the time or energy to look. I "had" confidence in the body shop to get the job done so I didn't worry about it until my wife let me know it had been almost 3 weeks since the accident and over 2 weeks since the estimate and they hadn't called yet :eek: So I called Tuesday and that's when they told me they couldn't find a supplier for the hood and bumper. I thought I'd give them a couple more days and then call them back and tell them to check ebay or google. This is bordering on the ridiculous.

Yep. And I haven't had the time or energy to look. I "had" confidence in the body shop to get the job done so I didn't worry about it until my wife let me know it had been almost 3 weeks since the accident and over 2 weeks since the estimate and they hadn't called yet :eek: So I called Tuesday and that's when they told me they couldn't find a supplier for the hood and bumper. I thought I'd give them a couple more days and then call them back and tell them to check ebay or google. This is bordering on the ridiculous.

This is the hood they sell after it has been painted.

52763-Replacement-Cobra-Hood---Unpainted-94-98-All-.jpg

Wired up the lights and put in my new climate control center. The HIDs are awesome.

I dunno why you would take em' out NoLimit, they do look clear compared to the corner lights but it's not ugly to me. It's true the xeon high beam is very bright and I can see going back to xeon in the low if necessary with good results but why?

Wired up the lights and put in my new climate control center. The HIDs are awesome.

I dunno why you would take em' out NoLimit, they do look clear compared to the corner lights but it's not ugly to me. It's true the xeon high beam is very bright and I can see going back to xeon in the low if necessary with good results but why?

I just don't like the looks of them for some reason. Looking directly at them during the daylight, they look good but that's all that I find good about them. My halogens are still in like new condition and have never in their life had a halogen bulb burned in them. HID's only. I have had both on there and the halogen housings are putting out a better light output at night and not just a direct beam, if that makes sense. Mine spread the light but also have a beam too. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having them in except for the straight forward looks. It's surely not the light output. Now if I had dull halogen housings, then yes, I would prefer the LSC housings. It's not really ugly but to me, it just doesn't look right.

It does change the look a bit it's true.

Took out the carpets and put in rubber floor mats for the winter.

Installed my new JBL amp from ebay today. Sound doesn't pop/no sound anymore, but it's still REALLY quiet.

You sure it's powered up? You can hear, often, sound from the unit driving it very quietly in some situations.

My 93 JBL system is too loud at about 3/4 volume.

Members online

No members online now.
Back