What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Ummm......connecting anything to the iac isn't going to give you better fuel mileage.

-Alan

IAC beer can mod! (and no, I'm not making that one up)

Helps the car idle down faster, so theoretically, you could be saving a little gas!!!

Oooooh.....what is this idling down faster you speak of?

I hate showing someone my exhaust sitting still, rev it up and coming down it goes VVVRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

I hate showing someone my exhaust sitting still, rev it up and coming down it goes VVVRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

You take a piece of beer can aluminum, cut a piece the same size as the IAC where it bolts to the upper plenum, then cut the center hole smaller than the big hole in the IAC valve - that is the beer can mod and makes the engine idle down faster. It's been around since the 80's with the Mustang guys.

Alot of that is a function of having a huge torque converter bolted to the back of the engine. The inertia makes it take longer to slow down. Ford also made adjustable plates to go in between the iac and the manifold for back when people didn't know how to tune the eec for cams....I used them back in the day, but wouldn't now that tuning is so effective and easy to come by.

I am pretty sure he means that he put a resistor on the IAT to lean out the fuel mixture. Not real smart in my book but hey its not my engine.

-Alan

Washed it yesterday. I'm getting sick of this car, me needs something newer.

Washed it yesterday. I'm getting sick of this car, me needs something newer.

th_ban_him.gif
For using such vulgar language! :p

Cleaned mine out on the inside and vacuumed it to the max. Sprayed Lexol on the seats and then sprayed some on a rag and wiped a good coat onto all leather, front and back. Done this yesterday actually because it takes the Lexol a good day to soak in and get a slick / sliding feel to it again. When applied like I apply it, it grips a little to w/e you're wearing. I checked it just a bit ago and it now has a slide around feeling and the seats are so soft. Never expect the leather to have a nice slide feel to it when it's first applied. It needs a good day to really soak in if applied heavily.

I finally put my new grille on the LSC; I don't wish that job on anyone. What a pain in the balls, since the whole front bumper cover has to come off because the grille is screwed from the inside of said cover. But it looks nice now - I'll get pics after the car gets a bath!

Most places are celebrating Halloween tonight (including Crabbie Dad's, where I DJ t'nite). Happy Halloween to everyone, have a great time and be careful out there!!!

I finally put my new grille on the LSC; I don't wish that job on anyone. What a pain in the balls, since the whole front bumper cover has to come off because the grille is screwed from the inside of said cover.

time consuming, but not what i would call difficult. i've done it a few times now.

why hello there.. :D

5CB9E583-B413-4351-8452-A0D5B005D003-8328-00000537FA30DC7A-1.jpg

Well, I was going to install my P/S LCA and SRB today...BUT...after I got all the stuff torn apart on the car I opened the box and lo and behold..ANOTHER DRIVER SIDE LCA!!!!!! Dammit!!! So now I have to return this one to Amazon for a refund and order another one. Another two weeks at least until I can drive my car:(

On the plus side, the Cougar has been running like shyte for the last week. I got new plugs and fuel filter and installed them today. Also replaced a few dryrotted vacuum hoses and now she's purring like a kitten. So today's not a total loss.

time consuming, but not what i would call difficult. i've done it a few times now.

5CB9E583-B413-4351-8452-A0D5B005D003-8328-00000537FA30DC7A-1.jpg

Nice. I hope to have some soon.

Yeah the grill is a fairly long job, removing the bumper skin etc, for such a simple fix, installing the grill. I had more trouble with the wiper motor swap though..

adding on driving (clear Baja 55w halogen) lights
my oem lights are dismal-buckets are fried, lenses are cooked, so I added some bolt on driving lights behind the grill, with a relay...it took a while to get them mounted, and wired properly; here's what I have as a temporary resolution...although my connections/scheme may have hazardous downsides, you can tell me
...my rocker switch that came with the driving lights is energized/fed by a new single wire that is spliced onto the lo beam feed first and then the high beam feed, which means the lo/hi hots are connected now; I did this on the passenger side, I skinned back the insulation on both of those (lo and hi hots) and spliced my new switch feed to them;
-after that everything is as it should be with the relay- fed from the +bat and the new rocker switch that came with the new lights, then the relay feed my 2 new lamps, it works and may save my switch?.. the coincidental, but desirable result is both my lo beams and high beams are on together, and my new lights go off when my factory lights go off without having to turn the new switch off;
if i turn the 'flash to pass' brights on from the steering column lever my high beams get a little brighter..
-this was the only way I could think of to have my new lights on with both lo beams and high beams, the plus is that I know have them all on:lo's, hi's and added driving lights...
I know there's a way to go into the steering column and do a splice to keep the lo beams on when the brights are turned on or have just the lo's on; this mod needs to be done with an HID conversion on the lo beams to keep from killing the ballasts with on/off/on/off
there may be downsides to this configuration, what are they?
after pix
http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnsherrill/media/grilllights2.jpg.html
http://s1245.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnsherrill/media/grilllights1.jpg.html

The one time im in the 95 impala SS, Iget passed my a Texas tagged first Gen mark. :-\

Chris, you make me more and more proud everyday. Love seeing what's in the box. Now we need one more. Did you get the 16 or 17? When both are put on, you're going to see just what you have been missing all this time. I never would have believed the difference it made.

Members online

Back