What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I've never understood the people that rave about the JBL system that came in these cars. Quite frankly, I think it sounds like crap. My mom's Saturn has a better sounding sound system in it. And the 10-disc in the trunk was a joke. It skipped every time I went over a bump in the road. I am much happier with the aftermarket sound system in my 97. ;) I can't hear anything in my 98 over the exhaust anyways. LOL

Personally, my JBL system has NEVER played (but I'm working on it)! lol A close friend of mine has a 98 Exploder that has the exact same system (they put the disc changer in the center console). Oh, it still skips on bumps! :eek:

well it was a pretty good system ... in 1993. but it hasn't aged well.
my stock system bumped pretty well back when it worked. more than adequate IMO. but i don't do just adequate. ;)

Installed new window motor today from rock auto....works perfectly now! All I need now is a door lock actuator and everything will work once again.

Took it for a drive yesterday and on October 10th, my mileage was here.

120000miles.jpg

2 days short of a month and this is where it stands now.

NovemberMileage.jpg

I put gas in the car for the first time in one month. 10 gallons for $40 :rolleyes:

Looks like you got one hell of a deal. The car looks nice, minus the front end but thats repairable.

Yes, I think I got a great deal. I got it for well under his bottom line of $1500. He was moving and was desperate to get rid of it. I am dropping it off at the body shop next week. Plenty of progress pics to come!

Ugh. I'd forget my head if it weren't screwed on:lol: I am staying at my late grandmother's house for the next couple of days with the kids to try to save some gas (80 mile round trip from home to work and back cut down to 20 miles saves a LOT of gas:D) Anyhoo, I brought my new LCA with me but forgot my damn tools! My dad has a lot of tools but he doesn't have the 18mm (or 22mm, I can't remember which) 1/2" drive deep socked I need for the lower ball joint nut and strut rod nut:( So now I have to get my wife to get my tools and meet me half way this afternoon so I can get the job done tomorrow. More gas wasted...dammit!:mad:

Ugh. I'd forget my head if it weren't screwed on:lol: I am staying at my late grandmother's house for the next couple of days with the kids to try to save some gas (80 mile round trip from home to work and back cut down to 20 miles saves a LOT of gas:D) Anyhoo, I brought my new LCA with me but forgot my damn tools! My dad has a lot of tools but he doesn't have the 18mm (or 22mm, I can't remember which) 1/2" drive deep socked I need for the lower ball joint nut and strut rod nut:( So now I have to get my wife to get my tools and meet me half way this afternoon so I can get the job done tomorrow. More gas wasted...dammit!:mad:

Go to Walmart, get a large crescent wrench. I got one for an energy job a while back for like $15

finished removing/cleaning up pin stripe(s)...replaced stock exhaust wit true dual 2.5'' and new Flowmasters

finished removing/cleaning up pin stripe(s)...replaced stock exhaust wit true dual 2.5'' and new Flowmasters

So, do you notice a big improvement in performance (not just the sound)?

Did you put two aftermarket cats, no cats, or stock cats?

Got the P/S LCA and SRB installed yesterday. Front end alignment is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out now:lol: It's nice to get the car off the jack stands. Also thought I had another problem when I got done. The "Check Air Ride" message came up and the rear end dropped to the ground. Turns out the rear height sensor overextended when I had the car jacked up and when I let it down, it didn't line back up right. But I got it fixed and it's fine now. All it needs is an alignment and she's back in business!!! I'm happy!

So, do you notice a big improvement in performance (not just the sound)?

Did you put two aftermarket cats, no cats, or stock cats?
I haven't driven it much yet...time will tell re; performance....thrid cat and resonator removed....two stock remain

I haven't driven it much yet...time will tell re; performance....thrid cat and resonator removed....two stock remain

Do you have larger pics or one that shows the color of that car? I'm trying to see what "Charcoal Beige Metallic" looks like, except a little closer. Looking at the small pic, I kinda like it but can't really tell. It is different but a good different from what I can see.

I'm also about to go ahead and get my exhaust done or at least get the third cat and res cut off, like you did. Trying to decide on Magnaflow mufflers or Borla. I had NIB Flowmasters 40 series but sold them to someone on here. I don't want anything loud. Just a low tone rumble with no drone inside. So may options to choose from, it's hard to decide. I might go with one or two of these and no mufflers.
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-X-Pipe-Stainless-Steel-Muffler-11385-Brand-New-/120985663641?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2b4eb899&vxp=mtr[/URL]

This way, I'll be able to have 2 X-Pipes and mufflers all in one. Maybe one of the X mufflers and then some Magnaflow mufflers out back would sound good and not have any drone.

Did a transmission flush, sway bar end links and a new inner fender last night in the drive way
(parts car currently taking up the garage) it was almost 70° out and today there is snow on the ground.

replaced brake lines for the first time ever on any car,

not too bad, bought a double flare tool set, some fittings and fluid and went to town.

replaced line going to left rear,(was leaking)

the line that runs over pumpkin to right side looks ok, will replace that in the spring.

Brake lines was one of the last things i had never done to a car, glad to have tackled it and won.

Did you get your exhaust sorted out? I lost track of that thread

Which bulbs did you end up using?

Members online

Back