What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Rewired my radar detector to the fusebox, also reinstalled my A pillars and dash cover.

Removed the third cat and resonator. :D And considering I already did a muffler delete, you can infer that it's nice and obnoxious.

Also, a gentleman approached me tonight in a parking lot. Turns out he was the previous owner! Chatted with him for quite some time.

Thank you thaywood. Sometimes you make me proud lol. I too was like (sbcaprice) and hoping you weren't done yet as I scrolled through. You can get them crystal clear with some effort but I'm just glad to see you atleast got it started. Looks much much better. ;)

Is the ass end still staying up like I promised?

Thanks! I'll have them done tomorrow I hope. And the ass end is staying up just fine. It's great!

Thanks! I'll have them done tomorrow I hope. And the ass end is staying up just fine. It's great!

Nothing like being on AIR.
free-jumping-smileys-853.gif

With clean and clear headlights.
wobble.gif

$8 turtle wax kit works just as good as any of the other kits out there just need to use lots of elbow grease!i have used several kits and it just comes down to elbow grease and some good sand paper and plastic polish

$8 turtle wax kit works just as good as any of the other kits out there just need to use lots of elbow grease!i have used several kits and it just comes down to elbow grease and some good sand paper and plastic polish

+1
However some kits work better than others- here's how...the better kits involve sandpaper

You need a water sprayer, painters tape, sanding block, 800 (if real bad) 1500 and 2000 grit paper, plastic polish (mc guires "PlastX" works well) and lack of arthritis or tennis elbow.

Well, I took my car out to see if the speed limiter is gone with the W3Z2 computer. As I approached 120, something made a big bang, so I backed off. Come to find out, the passenger corner light front lens crystal peeled back and broke off! Really? Are you kidding me?

It's funny because I just swapped out my headlamps and was looking at the corner lights thinking they looked kind of crappy. Well, now it REALLY looks crappy half gone!

So I still don't know if the speed limiter is gone.....

car wash, wet brakes I do not see the problem?

I wouldn't of posted about the brakes if i felt it after the car wash. Even before i had it washed the brakes felt weird, i know when they're wet its harder to stop but like i said they've felt weird before i got it washed. It feels like i gotta push down harder on the brake pedal and the steering wheel shudders a little bit, just a tad bit.

Well, I took my car out to see if the speed limiter is gone with the W3Z2 computer. As I approached 120, something made a big bang, so I backed off. Come to find out, the passenger corner light front lens crystal peeled back and broke off! Really? Are you kidding me?

It's funny because I just swapped out my headlamps and was looking at the corner lights thinking they looked kind of crappy. Well, now it REALLY looks crappy half gone!

So I still don't know if the speed limiter is gone.....

You seriously think you have a safe road to achieve over 160mph? Do you have the Brakes to stop it from those speeds??? I had both of my marker lights fly off the car at about 120 in my old 93,lol

You seriously think you have a safe road to achieve over 160mph? Do you have the Brakes to stop it from those speeds??? I had both of my marker lights fly off the car at about 120 in my old 93,lol

what? you don't have to do 160 to see if the limiter is gone. 135 will prove all you need to know.

Shoot, I live is rural Florida. Nothing but long, straight roads that go nowhere out here! AAMOF, there is a road actually called 'Road To Nowhere' that is a tar two-lane road that is straight for almost 5 miles (then it just ends). It's rumored that back in the 80s before a bunch of officials got busted and sent to prison that they used to land planes out there shipping grass & coke.

So, yes, I got the long safe road covered that I can see several miles ahead with no traffic! lol And that's actually kind of funny that you had the same thing happen to you with the corner lights!

Brakes? I have new discs, but they are all stock.

Shoot, I live is rural Florida. Nothing but long, straight roads that go nowhere out here! AAMOF, there is a road actually called 'Road To Nowhere' that is a tar two-lane road that is straight for almost 5 miles (then it just ends). It's rumored that back in the 80s before a bunch of officials got busted and sent to prison that they used to land planes out there shipping grass & coke.

So, yes, I got the long safe road covered that I can see several miles ahead with no traffic! lol And that's actually kind of funny that you had the same thing happen to you with the corner lights!

Brakes? I have new discs, but they are all stock.

Is that road in your comment anywhere near Palm Bay? There is an abandoned subdivision from back in '91 when GDC went under. When the place was left unused before government really took control that used to be used for drug smuggling and small craft used to land in there. The place has come to be known as "The Compound".

Is that road in your comment anywhere near Palm Bay? There is an abandoned subdivision from back in '91 when GDC went under. When the place was left unused before government really took control that used to be used for drug smuggling and small craft used to land in there. The place has come to be known as "The Compound".

No, I used to live in Lighthouse Point & Deerfield Beach which is closer to Palm Bay, but Steinhatchee is in the 'big bend' where the peninsula meets the pan handle. If you look at a map of Florida, find Gainesville and go directly west - where you hit the Gulf coast is where I live by the Steinhatchee River.

Over in Dixie County? Had some friends there when I used to go fishing more. I know the road I think, all salt marsh.

:)I had a longish, 3-4 mile stretch of nice, straight backroad where I used to live in the late 90's where I was able to get my '88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe up to 154mph. That was a lot of fun! Little 4-banger doing 150+!! I miss that car:(

What was the rear axle ratio in that car? My 4banger 318is has 4.10 and it tops out at 125ish, I love the pep though.

What was the rear axle ratio in that car? My 4banger 318is has 4.10 and it tops out at 125ish, I love the pep though.

It was stock 3.55:1 limited slip. It was past the redline in 5th gear when it topped out. It felt like the valves were floating. It just ran out of steam at that point so I let off. That car was a lot of fun.

what? you don't have to do 160 to see if the limiter is gone. 135 will prove all you need to know.

can not achieve lift off at 135, therefore the pucker factor isn't great enough to obtain an accurate reading

I have buried my speedo with 4.10's HUNDREDS of times, no liftoff, no parts going flying, just a nice air ride smooth trip with great mpg.

flyin.jpg

Small Upgrade.....

Rears.jpg

to these.....

rears2.jpg

Night and day difference, thanks again to Jay for the mount kit.

Mark8Murder, you have a Kenne Bell and still get 25 mpg? That's amazing! Do you have a list of mods somewhere?

Members online

Back