What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Mark8Murder, you have a Kenne Bell and still get 25 mpg? That's amazing! Do you have a list of mods somewhere?

the pic of the mpg is above my post in ONEBADMK8's post... I had just commented on it.

I still average 22mpg-24mpg on the highway at 75 with a 3:73 tracloc.

the pic of the mpg is above my post in ONEBADMK8's post... I had just commented on it.

I still average 22mpg-24mpg on the highway at 75 with a 3:73 tracloc.

Oh, sorry; I must have misread that. Still, 24 mpg is real good - I get 26-28 on the highway with the Bird, but it has no internal mods, just bolt-ons. I haven't taken the Mark VIII on any long trips, so I have no idea what kind of mileage it gets!

rosewood

No, I used to live in Lighthouse Point & Deerfield Beach which is closer to Palm Bay, but Steinhatchee is in the 'big bend' where the peninsula meets the pan handle. If you look at a map of Florida, find Gainesville and go directly west - where you hit the Gulf coast is where I live by the Steinhatchee River.

dang aren't you close to rosewood where they had the killin back in 27?

319873_133434163458163_127893217345591_144015_489506233_n.jpg

dang aren't you close to rosewood where they had the killin back in 27?

About an hour and 20 minutes from there. I've been through there several times on my way to Cedar Key which is a really nice area.

On another note, I took out my LSC to the max speed with the W3Z2 computer and I am highly disappointed - it cut off at 124 mph. I read where some of you said not all of them had the limiter removed and I thought sure I had a good one since it had an early date on it (IIRC, it said 10/92 on it).

Oh well, time to look into that Quarterhorse! lol

No, I used to live in Lighthouse Point & Deerfield Beach which is closer to Palm Bay, but Steinhatchee is in the 'big bend' where the peninsula meets the pan handle. If you look at a map of Florida, find Gainesville and go directly west - where you hit the Gulf coast is where I live by the Steinhatchee River.

i lived off 39th in lighthouse point south of deerfield, thats nowheres near Palm Bay! its like 2 hours south, by melbourne if your comparing it to a a trip to the panhandle, then ok. where your at is like 8 hrs away and thats hauling ass. they have been doing speed stings lately here in broward, mostly because of the crotch rockets, they got me at 197mph in june, 6 months before my accident with the helicopter. I didnt even know, they follow you until you get off then the whole world comes right down on you. scott, the cheif of the high speed pursuit task force used to eat at my resteraunt in pompano and just wrote me a speeding ticket for 99 mph and told me to cut it out.they are lowering the speed limit to 55 in broward and dade this summer. they can confiscate your vehicle, and arrest you for aggravated fleeing and eluding, (class 2 felony 7-10yrs). theres been alot of road racing this past year,more than ive ever seen, thats all gonna stop soon. they will sit like 20 deep on a few off ramps once a month all in chargers and challengers just waiting.:D

i lived off 39th in lighthouse point south of deerfield, thats nowheres near Palm Bay! its like 2 hours south, by melbourne if your comparing it to a a trip to the panhandle, then ok. where your at is like 8 hrs away and thats hauling ass. they have been doing speed stings lately here in broward, mostly because of the crotch rockets, they got me at 197mph in june, 6 months before my accident with the helicopter. I didnt even know, they follow you until you get off then the whole world comes right down on you. scott, the cheif of the high speed pursuit task force used to eat at my resteraunt in pompano and just wrote me a speeding ticket for 99 mph and told me to cut it out.they are lowering the speed limit to 55 in broward and dade this summer. they can confiscate your vehicle, and arrest you for aggravated fleeing and eluding, (class 2 felony 7-10yrs). theres been alot of road racing this past year,more than ive ever seen, thats all gonna stop soon. they will sit like 20 deep on a few off ramps once a month all in chargers and challengers just waiting.:D

I lived on 51st NE (IIRC), Lighthouse Point where across the street was 17st SE, Deerfield Beach. We used to live in Deerfield Beach, then we moved across the street to Lighthouse Point - I used to think that was the weirdest thing to split towns down the middle of the street. I worked at the car wash, McDonalds, & Burger King while attending Deerfield Beach High.

I lived on 51st NE (IIRC), Lighthouse Point where across the street was 17st SE, Deerfield Beach. We used to live in Deerfield Beach, then we moved across the street to Lighthouse Point - I used to think that was the weirdest thing to split towns down the middle of the street. I worked at the car wash, McDonalds, & Burger King while attending Deerfield Beach High.

when was the last time you were there? as you go over the intercoastal on hillsboro and go left,they put a bru's room there big outdoor patio to watch games and others walking by, a whole building there on the corner with multi level parking, nice little spot. i'm in hollywood now but i still get up there now n then

when was the last time you were there? as you go over the intercoastal on hillsboro and go left,they put a bru's room there big outdoor patio to watch games and others walking by, a whole building there on the corner with multi level parking, nice little spot. i'm in hollywood now but i still get up there now n then

Wow, I'd have to say early 90s was the last time I was there. I most likely would have trouble recognizing it now! When I get some time, I'd love to a nostalgic drive and reminisce...

Not Mark VIII related, but I replaced the rear brake pads on the Cobra Sunday afternoon. That was a PITA. They went on a bit tighter than I would have liked but I think once they break in they'll be fine. I am going to have to get a new p/s rear rotor though. The outer pad wore down to the rivets and scarred the rotor a bit.

As for the Mark, she's still running fine but that thunking in the front is getting worse and now there's another noise coming form the p/s front wheelwell. I only hear it when I'm going slow and the wheel is turning. Sounds like worn brake pads, but they're less than a year old. May be a wheel bearing...I just don't know. I just started hearing it this morning so I haven't had time to check it out yet. I'm just about tired of this car. If I didn't love 'er so much I'd sell 'er for scrap...nah. That'll never happen!:D

Oh yeah, watched "The Avengers" again for the fourth time last night! Oh man what a movie!!!

Ahhhh, front ends, I feel your pain. I'm ordering moog uppers and lowers next week. Going to throw in my new sensatrac front stuts/shocks while i'm at it. Hopefully it will cure some of her issues, I hate being mad at her.

I have also figured out over the past few days that if I don't put the climate control under 73 degrees, I can still put it back up to 85 or 90 for heat when I need it. But if I accidentally put it on 72 or below, I have to use the glove compartment trick to get it to warm up again. Wierdness. Go figure.

been thinking that i might need to go for new brakes. its been awhile, i don't remember how long ago they were replaced. I'll probably get ceramic pads, and maybe drilled/slotted rotors. the steering wheel shakes when i have to brake, not violently but enough where i have to hold the steering wheel a bit tighter.

Sounds like warped rotors. Common issue, cheap and easy to fix. Make sure to bleed em good when you are done.

Sounds like warped rotors. Common issue, cheap and easy to fix. Make sure to bleed em good when you are done.

You guys are probably right.

r1concepts.com is having a huge sale right now on all brake parts. My original total was around $310 for front and rear ceramic pads, and front & rear slotted rotors. With the 15 % off it came out to around 240, so i would love to just order everything so i can do it in one shot. Might possibly take the kleen wheels (dust covers) off, and paint the calipers red.

Slotted rotors are fine, good even. Just a fair warning if you decide to go bling, cheap crossdrilled discs can crack and that's no bueno, in addition the outgassing effect is minimal compared to the amount of surface area you lose drilling out material. If you want pads look into EBC greenstuff for a good performance pad for around $75.

I'm definately not going for bling lol, I would get regular OEM replacement rotors but I want a little more peformance orientated rotors, so I'll most likely be getting slotted. Thanks for posting this info

I'm posting a lot but i've decide that I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the more expensive slotted rotors. The fronts are $183 for the pair and the rears are $151 for the pair, and $80 for pads. Now to save up some extra cash lol.

Ahhhh, front ends, I feel your pain. I'm ordering moog uppers and lowers next week. Going to throw in my new sensatrac front stuts/shocks while i'm at it. Hopefully it will cure some of her issues, I hate being mad at her.

how did you get sensatrack struts for front, do they come with springs? or are you using the springs from prior conversion? im researching the issue because ive got an american air conversion and want something stiffer and havent gotten anywhere with trying to find a combination that work after talking with everyone for hours, american air, eibach, vogtland,steeda,american muscle, and some others i cant remember.please spoon feed!:rolleyes:

The 1.5" conv came with cheap gas-matics or monromatics in the front struts. All i'm doing is inserting the sensatrac shock portion so it tightens up a bit. I prob woulda left them alone a little while longer but they were only 65 shipped for the pair from rockauto a month back(wholesale closeout).

As far as springs I have no idea. Anything will be better then the ones that come with the lowered m8 kit.

hell man the fogs are old news, that was like 06 or 07, i posted something looooooong ago about them. im just happy i got personalized tags. just cost a fuuk ton of money since i let the old ones lapse last july i couldnt just get new ones, i had to renew the old ones, plus a $20 late fee, then go on line and pay for the personalized ones and when i got them, they expire in july :mad: IL sux so bad

Took the Mark to top speed with the W3Z2 EEC and I'm a bit disappointed - it cut off at 124 mph. :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back