What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Got my rear air springs installed today (thanks NoLimit!!!!!). It's gonna be nice not to have to worry about the rear end dropping for at least a little while longer. Installation was a piece o cake and I painted my calipers red just for the heck of it:D Also noticed I need new rear pads:( That will have to wait for next payday.

Thaywood, how are the rears holding up for you since you put them in? When I had them in, I swear they sat for up to 8 days and never once leaked down at all. I knew Jamie had a matching set from a 98 and he sent those to me and that's the only reason I swapped them. Didn't make one bit of difference lol. At least they went to a good home. :)

Thaywood, how are the rears holding up for you since you put them in? When I had them in, I swear they sat for up to 8 days and never once leaked down at all. I knew Jamie had a matching set from a 98 and he sent those to me and that's the only reason I swapped them. Didn't make one bit of difference lol. At least they went to a good home. :)

So far so good:) I thoroughly cleaned both bags and coated them with silicone grease on the outside and coated the inside with silicone spray before installing them. I also put new O-rings on the solenoids (I used mine instead of the ones that came with the bags). Got the rear end lowered back down to normal ride height and it has been staying up just fine. I feel much better about the car now. Now all I need to do is get the LCA's and SRB's installed and get an alignment and I'll be lovin' my car again!

I've started putting plans/peices together for a "custom" rearview mirror mount. I know I know......It's more of a " Why not try since you're replaceing it" typa thing. No harm can be done. The windshield hasn't cracked since it took the little chunk out so this is worth a try.

Anyways, I'll be fabricating a mount useing a gps mount I had laying around. It was for my heavy (In the gps world) 4.3" Magellan so it has a pretty big suction cup(3"~) that has so far passed my heat/weight and vibration tests without falling off. I want to incorporate the oem mirror but i'll find that out once I take it apart. If not I have a backup plan.

So yeah, thats what i've been "working on" today.

Suction "cup"... Something aint right in my susp/steering so i'm going to work on that first.

I'll post pics when I'm done, you'll be surprised.

And yes, I'm prob one of the cheapest bastards on lvc. But remember, itsm only temp.

It's very ghetto. :) But untill I sort out my other problems I'm going to tinker with it.

Plus it buys me time to decide if I want to go system-less or not. Last thing I want is for my rv to take a chunk out of my new glass.

Hey, if it works for you, go for it!:)

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving my granny's '83 Ranger pickup taking off her trash and it has no rear view mirror (it fell off about a decade ago:rolleyes:) so I used the camera on my iPod Touch with a suction cup windshield mount as a temporary rear view mirror. I needed to keep an eye on the trash in case any of it blew off. It was kinda cool. Definitely not a permanent solution though.

I've started putting plans/peices together for a "custom" rearview mirror mount. I know I know......It's more of a " Why not try since you're replaceing it" typa thing. No harm can be done. The windshield hasn't cracked since it took the little chunk out so this is worth a try.

Anyways, I'll be fabricating a mount useing a gps mount I had laying around. It was for my heavy (In the gps world) 4.3" Magellan so it has a pretty big suction cup(3"~) that has so far passed my heat/weight and vibration tests without falling off. I want to incorporate the oem mirror but i'll find that out once I take it apart. If not I have a backup plan.

So yeah, thats what i've been "working on" today.

I did a suction cup rearview once the same way when i worked at best buy and drove a rustbucket that I wouldn't spend a dime on. The mount was a broken one from the install shop.

Oh, and F U C K systemless....

So did it end up working well with the system? I'm not to sure what to expect.

This is the mount i'm working with, It's pretty sturdy for what it is..

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-MAGELLAN-Maestro-GPS-Windshield-Mount-OEM-Style-4-Fast-USA-Ship-/110869481517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d056082d[/URL]

If I can get it to work and look good I might have to stick with it for a while.

If you can get that to work with the mirror, go for it. Might be a bit bouncy because of the weight our mirrors carry. All you can do is give it a shot and see what happens. If mine ever falls off on the 95, I'm leaving it off and installing a back up camera system and installing a 5" or 6" screen up there.

fuel pump went out on the 97 a couple of weeks ago so i ordered a treproformance 255 (hopefully it works good) and got a traction lock and 4:10s from a deputy sheriff that had them in a 97 cobra (he had nitrous but was going to a turbo and was going down to 3:73s ) $90 for both couldnt complain on that price they look brand new he said the most they could have on them was 20000 miles then i think im going to delete the lms mufflers and put them on the 98. i always have the music loud so i dont think the noise will bother me in it. then tranny is next .

If you can get that to work with the mirror, go for it. Might be a bit bouncy because of the weight our mirrors carry. All you can do is give it a shot and see what happens. If mine ever falls off on the 95, I'm leaving it off and installing a back up camera system and installing a 5" or 6" screen up there.

I was thinking it would be a bit bouncy as well. If you look closely theres a hard plasitc "cone" that the cup is attached too. It actually sits flush with the cup when it suctioned so it helps stabilize it. I left 2lbs dangeling from it most of theday in direct sunlight (85 out today) and it didn't fall. Can't do it while driving or I'll end up with a hole in my dd. The adjustments on the mount have interior knotches too so those will help it maintain the same position...Kind of a fun project.

fuel pump went out on the 97 a couple of weeks ago so i ordered a treproformance 255 (hopefully it works good)

Good luck with that. It probably won't fit in the stock basket without modifications and it's not the correct type of pump for a Gen 2.

But, be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

fuel pump went out on the 97 a couple of weeks ago so i ordered a treproformance 255 (hopefully it works good)

Good luck with that. It probably won't fit in the stock basket without modifications and it's not the correct type of pump for a Gen 2.

But, be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

what DLF said. the tre pump has been great for the last 40k in my gen 1 though.

Step 1:

shifter.gif

I didn't even think of doing this. Instead of making a mount i'll just use the existing mounting hole in the frame and bolt it to the gps mount. :slam Those are the 2 I have to choose from, I'll prob end up using the big one.

shifter009.gif

I'll be using a bigger bolt/washer ect..

called tre and they said it will work so i hope it does too how much difference is basket from gen 1 and 2?

still haven't gotten a chance to mount my rear view mirror back on =/ me being the clueless idiot i am, i was cleaning the inside of the windshield a few days ago after i put my new registration sticker on, and i wiped off the old gunk from where the rear view mirror was mounted. so now i have to go out and really figure this out =( soon i'll be getting new chrome molding to replace the ones on the front bumper that i took off, sound system is getting done soon too :)

called tre and they said it will work so i hope it does too how much difference is basket from gen 1 and 2?

its how the pump is powered. gen 1, power is on or off. the gen 2 is variable. pumps not designed for that will burn out or lock up.

Went together pretty easily. What i've done has no effect on how it will look once put back to stock. This one will move up/down and swivel side/side. It's been opened a handfull of times so there are some old marks. I still have room to plug in the mirror, mounting the compass is for another day.

Drilled 2 holes on each side of the factory hole

Insert bolts threw said holes, attached gps mounting piece on the backside and finished it with nuts. They sit very flush.

shifter012.gif

shifter015.gif

Looks good. I polished mine before I put them back on last year. They shine up nice.

Did you paint the muffler as well? Something I wish I had done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back