What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

well its all in havent got to drive it yet but my buddy told me its all working very well fuel pump is going great so will see if it holds up

Well. Looked at mine sitting in the parking lot at work a while ago. Walked up to her and peeled some more clearcoat off the top of the d/s door. I've got to do something about that. The clearcoat is almost gone from the pinstripe up all the way from the front corner light to the tail lights! But just on the sides. The hood, roof and trunk are fine:confused: It's just depressing. And it looks horrible.

No, it causes a CPL (check paint light) :D

:lol: Didn't think of that! Well, that's one of my possible projects for the weekend. I'm thinking about trying to sand the remaining clearcoat off from the pinstripe up and then spraying another coat of clear over it just to see how it will look. I hate the way it looks now. It looks terrible.

got to drive the 97 last night !wow!4:10s and traction loc ! love the kickdown and second gear scratch!

took the whip for a nice wash yesterday. Not by choice or not saying i disliked it but i punched it once yesterday on the way back from the car wash, some idiot wouldn't let me in the left lane so i had to get in front. i might need pads, rotors, or both soon because i feel like i have to push down on the brake pedal farther then i should. i think soon i'll have the oil change done since i can't do anything now :( and i'll have the brakes done.

took the whip for a nice wash yesterday. Not by choice or not saying i disliked it but i punched it once yesterday on the way back from the car wash, some idiot wouldn't let me in the left lane so i had to get in front. i might need pads, rotors, or both soon because i feel like i have to push down on the brake pedal farther then i should. i think soon i'll have the oil change done since i can't do anything now :( and i'll have the brakes done.

bleed the brakes first. even with moderate pad wear, their shouldn't be excessive pedal movement unless there is air in the system. they self adjust for the most part.

bleed the brakes first. even with moderate pad wear, their shouldn't be excessive pedal movement unless there is air in the system. they self adjust for the most part.

i'll have them do that first, there's not excessive pedal movement it just feels like in order to stop the car i need to push down further than i would normally have to, thanks for the post though

car wash, wet brakes I do not see the problem?

Got the new windshield installed. All i'm going to say is that it was replaced at one point and that it was done very poorly. :mad: Regardless, I'm looking forward to a leak free car and a rearview mirror. :)

All thats left is figureing out if I should stick with the oem rearview or a lighter non-autodim ford unit.

Got the new windshield installed. All i'm going to say is that it was replaced at one point and that it was done very poorly. :mad: Regardless, I'm looking forward to a leak free car and a rearview mirror. :)

All thats left is figureing out if I should stick with the oem rearview or a lighter non-autodim ford unit.

If you want an auto-dim, I've got plenty and I'll ship you one with instructions/wiring diagram for $27 delivered (or was your OEM auto-dimming?)

If you want an auto-dim, I've got plenty and I'll ship you one with instructions/wiring diagram for $27 delivered (or was your OEM auto-dimming?)

My autodim works fine, I'm beginning to think the mount that connects with the tab has lost it's tightness. I'm going to a yard 2maro to check out reg ford units and how they fit compared to how mine did. Just gotta get this right, i'm sick of dealing with the gd mirror.

My autodim works fine, I'm beginning to think the mount that connects with the tab has lost it's tightness. I'm going to a yard 2maro to check out reg ford units and how they fit compared to how mine did. Just gotta get this right, i'm just sick of dealing with the gd mirror.

FWIW, I've got about 2 dozen of those mirrors and almost all of them came out of General Motor's products; most are Gentex 126's.

My autodim works fine, I'm beginning to think the mount that connects with the tab has lost it's tightness. I'm going to a yard 2maro to check out reg ford units and how they fit compared to how mine did. Just gotta get this right, i'm just sick of dealing with the gd mirror.

mine does the same thing no way to tighten it as far as i can tell and its annoying as hell when the bass is going

Well, installed the aftermarket HID kit with my clear housings today, then they wouldn't light. I remembered reading something about the polarity being reversed, so I unplugged the cables to the ballasts and reversed them - boom baby - looks great. I would have rather had the 5000K, but they didn't have them and I didn't want 4300, so I went with the 6000K.

Next prob - the CHECK EXT LAMPS, so I snipped the correct brown/lt. blue wire above the glove compartment and took care of that.

Next prob - I want the low beams to stay on with the high beams, but I don't want the high beams on with the low beams. My solution? Splice the red/yellow & red/blk wires together under the dash on the steering column.

Well, installed the aftermarket HID kit with my clear housings today, then they wouldn't light. I remembered reading something about the polarity being reversed, so I unplugged the cables to the ballasts and reversed them - boom baby - looks great. I would have rather had the 5000K, but they didn't have them and I didn't want 4300, so I went with the 6000K.

Next prob - the CHECK EXT LAMPS, so I snipped the correct brown/lt. blue wire above the glove compartment and took care of that.

Next prob - I want the low beams to stay on with the high beams, but I don't want the high beams on with the low beams. My solution? Splice the red/yellow & red/blk wires together under the dash on the steering column.

6K is my favorite. I have tried nearly all of them and 6K to me was my favorite choice. Just so you know, as time passes and the more they are on, the whiter they will get and the less blue will show. It takes time though. My MF switch has been re-pinned for the lows to remain on when highs are turned on. I love it like that. Extremely bright but rarely do I ever turn the brights on. Not needed where I live.

Hey NoLimit95!!!!

Did a little headlight polishing today:

IMG_0456[1].jpg

IMG_0455[1].jpg

IMG_0450[1].jpg

IMG_0451[1].jpg

I'm not done yet. I still need to go over them again with some 2000 grit and polishing compound. But they look a WHOLE LOT better!:)

IMG_0456[1].jpg

IMG_0455[1].jpg

IMG_0450[1].jpg

IMG_0451[1].jpg

lol, I was scrolling through ur pics and was praying that you weren't done.

Good so far.

lol, I was scrolling through ur pics and was praying that you weren't done.

Good so far.

Yeah. I can't leave them like that. They look better, but they need polishing. They're still hazy from the 800 and 1000 grit I used to get the crusty film off. You know what they looked like before, so this is definitely an improvement. I don't have any 2000 right now but I have to go to the parts store this evening to get rear brake pads for the Cobra so I'll pick some up then.

I know this stuff is kinda thrown around, but I wanted to try it. Its $20 on ebay and you dont get alot but its the best headlight restore I have seen/used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittman-Original-OneStep-ALR-Acrylic-Headlight-Lens-Restorer-Deoxidizer-Cleaner-/140740254131?_trksid=p4340.m503&_trkparms=algo%3DRIC.CFNP%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D140725646919%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8533567429498361342#ht_3990wt_1270 . I used it on my uncles car who had one new light and one old, and now you can't tell the difference of the 2.

Did a little headlight polishing today:

View attachment 828449077

View attachment 828449078

View attachment 828449079

View attachment 828449080

I'm not done yet. I still need to go over them again with some 2000 grit and polishing compound. But they look a WHOLE LOT better!:)

Thank you thaywood. Sometimes you make me proud lol. I too was like (sbcaprice) and hoping you weren't done yet as I scrolled through. You can get them crystal clear with some effort but I'm just glad to see you atleast got it started. Looks much much better. ;)

Is the ass end still staying up like I promised?

Members online

No members online now.
Back