What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

from what I gather MG8, you've found a good deal on a good used Mark for Thaywood, and now you're gonna drive it to NC for him?
---
WOW, that caliber of altruism and kindness is very rare these days. Hats off to you. LMK if you pass through ATL and stop. Lunch is on me

I got a great deal on it. It's the same color as your white one. I'm more than happy to help out someone as nice as Chris. I will have my cousin following me in my 98. I will send you a PM.

Mark spotted at back to the 50's
Its parked between my 95 and markviiiedrea's town car.

IMG_20130622_164926_665.jpg

new spark plugs.
Autolite 764 copper.
ran them way past the 15k (like another 15k past) change interval and they looked just fine. gap had widened a little but that's to be expected.
new plugs in and it runs exactly the same.

2013-06-22200417_zpsbb5b6599.jpg

Friday, removed instrument cluster for cleaning and bulb replace (LED's)
Saturday, dropped at garage for front end clunk evaluation: my work is tight, rotors are overdue for replacement (rear worse than front). strut mounts may be alright, mech sent me home to r/r rotors and bring it back for further inspection-no charge! he also suggested a leveling kit for a 2011 Tundra if i want to bring up my dropped front end @1/2"; buffed, polished, waxed cluster lens, reinstalled cluster, swapped batteries, brown car to white car
Sunday: remove wheels from brown car to evaluate rotors for reuse on white car (hub swap pending on brown car , parked in garage stat); wash both cars, finish reinstalling cluster and trim surround

Welcome to the Gen 1 side

:lol: You mean welcome "back" to the Gen1 side :D

My first Mark VIII was a 1996 :)

And here come some pics. This is from yesterday when Rich got there with the '95 Mark. I took some pics of his '98 and my '95 and with them both together. I like this car. And I'd like to thank Rich again for bringing it up here to me. That was just unbelievably kind of him to do that and I can't express my gratitude enough!

the 98 and 95 c.jpgThe 1995.jpgthe 98 and 95b.jpgthe 98 and 95a.jpgThe 98 and 95.jpgRich's 98a.jpgRich's 98.jpgMe and Rich.jpg

The 1995.jpg

the 98 and 95b.jpg

the 98 and 95a.jpg

the 98 and 95 c.jpg

The 98 and 95.jpg

Rich's 98a.jpg

Rich's 98.jpg

Me and Rich.jpg

Don't let you soontobe ex drive this one. K?
I was wondering who would be the first to drop that line, kudos SB
-----
great looking car(s)....I think that 95 is the same color as one of my cars, metallic off-white, is there a 'to-do' list yet?

Don't let your soon to be ex drive this one. K?

I was wondering who would be the first to drop that line, kudos SB
-----
great looking car(s)....I think that 95 is the same color as one of my cars, metallic off-white, is there a 'to-do' list yet?

Oh that ain't gonna happen! :lol:

Yeah, there's a "to-do" list. I've got several things I'm planning to do with the car. Mostly with the exhaust and suspension. Also going to have to get a set of plug wires and maybe a TPS and IAC. It'll take a little while, but I'll have her awesome(er) before long :)

Only got one rear brake / rotor done. Florida Summer storms are unforgiving and unpredictable. I'll have to wait 'til next weekend to do the other side. Also, getting ready to order an Arnott air compressor assembly since the motor is already dying and the vent solenoid is dead. After that, I'd just have the two rear bags to worry about since they look like the original ones.

Worked on the '95 a little yesterday. Fixed (well, band-aided :D) the grill, installed my HID's in the low beams, put new screws in the front bumper clips because they were mostly gone and the bumper was floppy, installed a set of Motorcraft platinum plugs, and put a little leather conditioner on the seats to shine them up a little. They will need a lot. Next Saturday, she's getting the dual exhaust and air suspension from the '97 installed along with some other stuff. Gonna be an awesome car when I'm done! :)

Worked on the '95 a little yesterday. Fixed (well, band-aided :D) the grill, installed my HID's in the low beams, put new screws in the front bumper clips because they were mostly gone and the bumper was floppy, installed a set of Motorcraft platinum plugs, and put a little leather conditioner on the seats to shine them up a little. They will need a lot. Next Saturday, she's getting the dual exhaust and air suspension from the '97 installed along with some other stuff. Gonna be an awesome car when I'm done! :)

I'd just stick with the coil struts. Air is so 90's.

i'm getting awful close to 200k and i'm still on air. i wouldn't hesitate to drive my car anywhere either.

also. new autolite 764 plugs on saturday. still runs the same as always.

Congrats Thaywood, nice to see you back in a Mark VIII. Now you should put the chrome wheels off the cougar back on the Mark VIII. Air ride FTW!!!

Staff online

Members online

Back