What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Ordered 3 JBL 10's and a enclosure. First time in all my years in car audio that i'll be using 10's, not sure what to expect.

Just hope I end up keeping them. My track record shows that i'll probably sell them within the month and go back to my "backup" sub stage. I should really just plug them into the electrical outlet. Great speakers that perform fantastically, but they look like sht. :(

cussed it:
-about 8 months ago I bought used base 93-96 headlight housings in EC, clear lenses with ALL the inside chrome still shiny; I immediately put in 35w 4300k HID's; this morning I noticed the chrome is burning off the tops of the low beams...
:q

cussed it:
-about 8 months ago I bought used base 93-96 headlight housings in EC, clear lenses with ALL the inside chrome still shiny; I immediately put in 35w 4300k HID's; this morning I noticed the chrome is burning off the tops of the low beams...
:q

you have the worse luck! i hope it gets better

Its raining and my windshield wipers stopped working. Tried all the speed settings. No motion whatsoever. Not even a clicking sound.

Its raining and my windshield wipers stopped working. Tried all the speed settings. No motion whatsoever. Not even a clicking sound..
My '96 used to do that to me during the winter. It would stop half way up and I would have to pull over and get out to pull the wiper to get em running again :(

I would try another 9005 bulb because mine and everyone else that I know of hasn't had this problem, unless they haven't mentioned it. The HID 9005 fit in mine, nice and tight. It could just be the bulb itself has lost some of it's plastic grip or the housing may have lost some of it's ability to hold a bulb in tightly. I'm voting that the bulb plastic has lost some weight...

Problem solved, when I had the bulbs in my halogen housings I had to switch the orings from the stock bulb to the HID bulb and i forgot to switch them back when I put the bulbs in the LSC housings and I switched them back and they fit nice and snug now:D

you have the worse luck! i hope it gets better
meh, it's not that bad...I'm disappointed but not surprised that the original reflective coating is cooking off, even with HID's...we all know it was a terrible material choice for the gen 1 headlights...I'm redoing a set for my white '96 now, after that's done I'll pull those ones out and redo them for the brown '96...this s%it never ends!
---
it's a good thing
:L

From Ford, $326.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: The F-150 part I got from my mechanic friend cost me $15 bucks. Sapper never replied to my PM. And there are no Mark VIII's in any junk yards around me. So I'm stuck. I'll have to make it work somehow. Unless somebody here has a spare one I can get.

thaywood, pm me with your address. I'm 95% sure I've got one lying around at work. I'll check and let you know. If I do I'll send it to you. I was reminded what this site is about in my thread. I would also recommend not screwing the opsu in so far.

My '96 used to do that to me during the winter. It would stop half way up and I would have to pull over and get out to pull the wiper to get em running again :(

My van does that too, thankfully it's the tailgate wiper, when it's cold out. This morning I hit the button to wipe the snow off it cycled about a dozen times and than it quit.

My van does that too, thankfully it's the tailgate wiper, when it's cold out. This morning I hit the button to wipe the snow off it cycled about a dozen times and than it quit.

Because wipers are designed for removing rain drops, not ice or snow

From Ford, $326.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: The F-150 part I got from my mechanic friend cost me $15 bucks. Sapper never replied to my PM. And there are no Mark VIII's in any junk yards around me. So I'm stuck. I'll have to make it work somehow. Unless somebody here has a spare one I can get.

Thaywood, allot of have several parts cars laying around. All you gotta do is ask man. Most of us just want see more marks on the road. Unfortunetly we all get busy but we will get your car going eventually.:)

I've got one sitting on my work bench if Chargerxr can find his.

Bad solder joint.... Seen it a lot with GM wiper motors.

thaywood, pm me with your address. I'm 95% sure I've got one lying around at work. I'll check and let you know. If I do I'll send it to you. I was reminded what this site is about in my thread. I would also recommend not screwing the opsu in so far.

Thanks! I think I may have one on the way. :)

Thaywood, allot of have several parts cars laying around. All you gotta do is ask man. Most of us just want see more marks on the road. Unfortunetly we all get busy but we will get your car going eventually.:)

I've got one sitting on my work bench if Chargerxr can find his.

I appreciate it guys. I just hope I can get this sucker back on the road as soon as possible. :)

well today i done some touch up paint (ROCK CHIPS AND CRUNCHEIS) on the 97 nothing major but noticeable. also got a quiote on repairing the cover and foam on the drivers seat. would really like to get a set of TEMPLES seats will see what develeops. we got the dash and carpet back in the 95 slowly coming back together installed the collent crossover plug on 97 drilled a hole in the plastic shourd so it is visable. the engine needs a real good detail job. jd

Man it's been a while since I have been on the site. So here it goes sold the 96 mark and bought a 94 mark with less miles and no rust. Had 3 marks, a rag top stang ,and the nav. to many cars. Installed new headlight in the white 93 mark also redone the trunk putting both Viar pumps on the corner of the trunk and a 32 inch lcd flat screen tv in trunk. Car now holds 4 duel voice coil 12's, 4 amps at about 2300 watts total , ps2, 3 monitor, dvd player and back up camera. Also has a five gallon air tank, two stereos and still seats 5 i will b posting new pics tomorrow in my photo gallery of all the work. Car is coming together nicely just need the weather to get right ready to show it.

(tonight, after work)...got the pass side front strut bolted in on the white one- pita b/c the middle tower bolt was missing, had to hold both sides to tighten....spindle and UCA don't wanna go together but I had to stop banging b/c it was past 9pm...then washed the brown one and took it for a drive...55 degrees at 10:30 pm

Got some presents. JBL G5-10d's.

DSCF8853.png

free image hosting

DSCF8854.png

photo sharing sites

DSCF8855.png

images

Nice beefy little 10's for sure. Just have to solder them up and put another layer of caulk inside the box. They'll be going in after spring cleaning.

caprice, what kinda box are you going with? Those are DVC aren't they? 2, 4 or 8 ohm? I ask about the ohms because I figured you'd be running them in parallel and if 4 ohm, you'll be at 1.33 ohms like I am. I had to wire 2 of them in parallel and one in series with the other amp because it was only good for 2 ohms and having them wired like that, I was running the amp at 6 ohms. I'm hearing a big difference now with the Polk 1 ohm amp and the 3 subs being wired parallel.

Members online

No members online now.
Back