What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Question for gen 1 owners with lsc housings.

Do the 9006 bulbs fit snug in the high beam hole? I'm using 9005 bulbs right now and they wiggle around a bit( rubber seal does not close the hole up).

Just thinking that the 9006 bulbs are a bit bigger around where the seal is and they will seal the light better. Can anyone confirm?

The 9006 fit but the problem is you have to make sure the bulb doesn't get pushed too far in. If you look you can see the orange o-ring out the other side. They don't fit as nice as the oem but it works.

The 9006 fit but the problem is you have to make sure the bulb doesn't get pushed too far in. If you look you can see the orange o-ring out the other side. They don't fit as nice as the oem but it works.

Ok thanks, I'm sure they would will fit better than my 9005s.

I have another set of lsc housings I will be putting up for sale soon if anyone is interested, just send me a pm.

I have another set of lsc housings I will be putting up for sale soon if anyone is interested, just send me a pm.

Depends on which arm you'd want for them

Jacked up the white one, coil convert to commence!
P3160214_zps13098241.jpg

---
discovered another oil leak
P3160213_zps3afa4a15.jpg

--
is this a simple fix? I've already put a new ofa gask on this one

Jacked up the white one, coil convert to commence!
P3160214_zps13098241.jpg

---
discovered another oil leak
P3160213_zps3afa4a15.jpg

--
is this a simple fix? I've already put a new ofa gask on this one

Did you degrease the bottom of the engine after the o f a g fix? That just looks like blow off.. or the oil pan gasket.
Heres a tip for ya if it is the oil pan... pull the oil dip stick out and throw it in the trunk until you complete the swap, you'll thank me later ;)

Did you degrease the bottom of the engine after the o f a g fix? That just looks like blow off.. or the oil pan gasket.
mmm, yea, definitely cleaned it around the front, where the ofa is...not so much back here...not leaking from where that sensor goes in?

mmm, yea, definitely cleaned it around the front, where the ofa is...not so much back here...not leaking from where that sensor goes in?

Finish cleaning.. double check in a day or so after running, that's the level sensor and rarely leaks

working on the 97 today replaced the front treads as the old ones where made in 02 and where dry rotting. greased the new bushings in the rear control arms ,greased the front end upper and lower ball joints. swaybar control links and drag links. buffed a couple of road rashes. Have to install the head liner that i had redone. get the alignment done this week four wheel. as we have the cobra brakes in stalled on all four wheels and the ccm bushings installed on the rear. after we got the new fronts on took it for a drive and noticed that the front needs new bushings as they are moving back and forth under braking.Mike took the car to get a form filled out so we can get it registered the mech was amazed that it has180 k on the clock. he filled out the form and didn't charge the usal fee.going to have some some pic to post of the 97 it looks sharp with the BOYD Cottingtons . forgot that i did the anti lasagana on the rear window as it was rasing up in a couple of spots. other than that not much. jd

Bought 2 new Front Airsprings for her.

I bought two brand new Motorcraft Front Airsprings/Shocks for my 98. The original ones are still in great shape with only 55,000 miles on them; I just wanted to get 'em while they were still available in case I need them in the future.

Got them thru Amazon for $592.55 shipped. Hard to miss for less than $300 each shipped. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS17-Spring/dp/B0011DTY2U/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y
http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS16-Spring/dp/B0011DSB6K/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y

I bought two brand new Motorcraft Front Airsprings/Shocks for my 98. The original ones are still in great shape with only 55,000 miles on them; I just wanted to get 'em while they were still available in case I need them in the future.

Got them thru Amazon for $592.55 shipped. Hard to miss for less than $300 each shipped. :)

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS17-Spring/dp/B0011DTY2U/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y[/URL]
[url]http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-AVS16-Spring/dp/B0011DSB6K/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y[/URL]

You're the man! I love seeing some of you jumping on this deal and keeping your air ride going as it should. Nothing like the feel of two brand new Motorcraft air shocks.

I would try another 9005 bulb because mine and everyone else that I know of hasn't had this problem, unless they haven't mentioned it. The HID 9005 fit in mine, nice and tight. It could just be the bulb itself has lost some of it's plastic grip or the housing may have lost some of it's ability to hold a bulb in tightly. I'm voting that the bulb plastic has lost some weight...

Needed more BASS than the 13W7 was able to provide in my last Mark so I grabbed my spare sub out of storage and yes it is an actual Subwoofer :p

Only problem is I don't think the rear deck is big enough for me to fit it :(

Needed more BASS than the 13W7 was able to provide in my last Mark so I grabbed my spare sub out of storage and yes it is an actual Subwoofer :p

Jesus, what is that like a 21"?

You reckon that'll be big enough? Now you need to look on eBay and see if you can find a new foam surround for it and make it so that it can have some excursion. Something like this.

Corvette Z06 w/ 18" Sub Woofer at Monster Bash Car Show - YouTube

In your case

32 inch Subwoofer - YouTube

Had it set up years ago in a friends SUV and it has enough excursion with what it has. It's a 27" so it has a sick efficiency rating of over 100 some odd DB SPl at 1watt but it needs a 12 foot box with a huge vent port :(

Would have to do a raised floor trunk to get it to work :shifty:

Well, worked on the oil filter adapter a little this weekend. Unfortunately, there's a problem. The F-150 part bolted right up perfectly. But the radiator hose pipe is angled differently and is also a larger diameter than the old one. It doesn't line up with the thermostat housing and the two pipes are almost touching. So it looks like I'm going to have to do some creative modification to get it to work. I didn't have a chance to take any pics but if I have time today I'll post a couple this evening. It's a little frustrating.

Well, worked on the oil filter adapter a little this weekend. Unfortunately, there's a problem. The F-150 part bolted right up perfectly. But the radiator hose pipe is angled differently and is also a larger diameter than the old one. It doesn't line up with the thermostat housing and the two pipes are almost touching. So it looks like I'm going to have to do some creative modification to get it to work. I didn't have a chance to take any pics but if I have time today I'll post a couple this evening. It's a little frustrating.

Remember, you had a feeling that you shouldn't use that part because things didn't look the same.... I would have went with my first gut instinct and got the right one to start with. How much is the part new? The part you needed before you put on one from an F-150?

I got the JL Audio grilles on Saturday. Now I can put groceries back there and not have to worry about something busting a hole in one of them. Much more room back there now with those two amps missing too.I like it a lot better and I like that Polk 5 channel amp a lot better too. That little thing really puts out some power and being a Class D made a huge difference. All songs on my iPod Touch that I keep in the console have been completely redone and are now either AAC or "lossless", meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. Most songs I have now are all 20MB to 35MB in size, using that format. I don't use mp3 at all for any of the music. The sound is amazing and clean. I used the flash with this pic or the grilles can't be seen with just the blue LED lighting.

2013-03-16JLAudioGrilles_zps74b77fa2.jpg

Remember, you had a feeling that you shouldn't use that part because things didn't look the same.... I would have went with my first gut instinct and got the right one to start with. How much is the part new? The part you needed before you put on one from an F-150?

From Ford, $326.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: The F-150 part I got from my mechanic friend cost me $15 bucks. Sapper never replied to my PM. And there are no Mark VIII's in any junk yards around me. So I'm stuck. I'll have to make it work somehow. Unless somebody here has a spare one I can get.

Members online

No members online now.
Back