What did you do to your LS today?

Tinted the tails...and added a second trunk light...

IMG_20200521_144746.jpg

IMG_20200521_144711.jpg

IMG_20200521_144708.jpg

I got my door handles drilled out but I can't find rivets big enough to fit so what bolt options do I have to use and size

01V6 219K right front door handle broke, used a grinder to remove rivets, quick and easy. Used a magnet to pull parts from door well (don't want them rattling around). bought a new handle from ebay $7.99 looks good works ok but not like original with a gear. but such an old car who cares. Used nyla nuts and bolts to secure new handle but needed to cut down the length of the bolt for the plastic handle cover to fit again.....added some stop leak to my a/c system, filled it up a week ago and it leaked down till the a/c compressor would not engage. hope this works otherwise i'll have to load in some dye and find the leak. While waiting for the a/c to load, i used 303 on the engine plastics to make them look like new and the headlights and bumper chrome. I use mothers polish on the plastics and paint to make it look great.

Had a collision with a raccoon the other night. He cracked some paint, tore off my inner wheel well liner (bent one of the screws!), loosened the valance, and he knocked off my tow hook cover. I was lucky enough to find the parts that fell off.

A27F8D96-B5B1-4177-AA7C-589249846883.jpeg

81D1B4E4-4042-43EA-A23B-78347C03A863.jpeg

1F5B635E-43B4-4EE9-B8D1-999B48888B2E.jpeg

788DA6AC-C0C2-4546-BC28-C6E77A8E1BF9.jpeg

99DB977A-A1A2-4BC7-BE30-C1FF9B064C7E.jpeg

395B92F6-43C7-4AB5-964C-EC0E823E0C85.jpeg

Woodgrain delete on my Gen 1. Did dash, all doors, and wheel. Paint used is "stainless steel" metallic from Lowe's. Only the wheel was clear coated for durability. The finish is matte otherwise.

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

99408509_10157349674303008_123924065781022720_o.jpg

Last edited:
This past Saturday, I replaced a bad DCCV, a very worn serpentine belt, and the original upper and lower radiator hoses. Halfway into the project, I saw that the auxiliary coolant pump looked very crappy so I took a break and ordered a new one from Tasca Parts. That will be a project for another day and yes, I should have ordered and installed both the DCCV and the pump at the same time. For the time being, the old aux coolant pump is still working but looks rough.

So here we are at project start:
Engine-Project Start.JPG

Here is the partial disassembly:
Old Lower Rad Hose.JPG

I removed the electric fan for better access and used cardboard to protect the radiator:
Cardboard Radiator Protector.JPG

A lawn full of parts:
Parts On Grass.JPG

The worn serpentine belt with easy access:
Old Serpentine Belt-2.JPG

Engine bay reassembled:
Engine-Project Finish.JPG

Works great! The air bleed process was much easier than expected. The electric fan was easy to remove and install. My only regret was not replacing that aux pump this go around. DOH!
Rob

Engine-Project Start.JPG

Old Lower Rad Hose.JPG

Replaced the AC compressor scroll control valve o-ring (thanks Joegr!) on the 04 LSE, took a chance and had the system purged and refilled without condenser replacement. wasn't completely dry, took a fill and blows extremely cold air again. Has been holding up good for a few days now, so far so good. (not spending big $$$ on this 04LSE).

This past Saturday, I replaced a bad DCCV, a very worn serpentine belt, and the original upper and lower radiator hoses. Halfway into the project, I saw that the auxiliary coolant pump looked very crappy so I took a break and ordered a new one from Tasca Parts. That will be a project for another day and yes, I should have ordered and installed both the DCCV and the pump at the same time. For the time being, the old aux coolant pump is still working but looks rough.

So here we are at project start:
View attachment 828574386
Here is the partial disassembly:
View attachment 828574387
I removed the electric fan for better access and used cardboard to protect the radiator:
View attachment 828574388
A lawn full of parts:
View attachment 828574389
The worn serpentine belt with easy access:
View attachment 828574390
Engine bay reassembled:
View attachment 828574391
Works great! The air bleed process was much easier than expected. The electric fan was easy to remove and install. My only regret was not replacing that aux pump this go around. DOH!
Rob

View attachment 828574384

View attachment 828574385
Removed the fan assembly ...smart man...No worries on the Aux pump ...they seem to hold up fairly well

Let's see... replaced the hydraulic actuator with a used one (still a work in progress). Then Tuesday i changed the DCCV. Today I changed the coolant hoses connector(flange)... of yeah, and i upgraded to the jaguar aluminum tstat housing and new tstat. Tomorrow i will tackle the actuator replacement again... Good ole LS life. The car that gives and gives...

Let's see... replaced the hydraulic actuator with a used one (still a work in progress). Then Tuesday i changed the DCCV. Today I changed the coolant hoses connector(flange)... of yeah, and i upgraded to the jaguar aluminum tstat housing and new tstat. Tomorrow i will tackle the actuator replacement again... Good ole LS life. The car that gives and gives...
The Aluminum Housing will serve you well ...and best part of the replacement...never needs changing again

Got a puncture thru a front tire sidewall. not repairable, paid for a new tire mounted, but the other front tire was wearing out, so checking on line i found a person giving away a near new tire the same size as needed. picked it up, took it home and mounted tire myself. it was bouncing down the road on test drive then i remembered i forgot to remove the balance weight from the last tire. oh yea, my bad. Now it is good to go.

Members online

Back