What did you do to your LS today?

The glowing LEDs are caused by the intentional "leakage" current that the REM and FEM source to the lights. This current is being sourced so that the REM and FEM can detect if there is a light connected or not. After the car goes to sleep, the REM and the FEM shut these sense currents off. The sense/leakage current is not nearly enough to cause any glow from a normal bulb, but it is enough to get some glow out of an LED.

I wondered how it could tell as soon as the car started even if the lights weren't triggered. So the resistor tap would either claim all the bulbs were dead, or would never report a dead bulb. If it dampened the glowing bulbs without reporting a bunch of dead bulbs it might be worth it for them.

I wondered how it could tell as soon as the car started even if the lights weren't triggered. So the resistor tap would either claim all the bulbs were dead, or would never report a dead bulb. If it dampened the glowing bulbs without reporting a bunch of dead bulbs it might be worth it for them.

The resistor would make it think that the bulb(s) were there and okay.

Took pictures of my boss's Mark, my LS and his SC. At the shop I work at, my boss has a Mark VIII, a Supercoupe, and the other guy I work with has a 97 town car, lots of Lincoln love there. Except for my LS, which they collectively hate.

uploadfromtaptalk1390172212265.jpg

Yeah :) I'm on the hunt for a Mark VIII right now, they're way more spacious on the inside than my LS, with about 20-40 more ponies (and aftermarket support)

Yeah but aftermarket support is my real goal with it. Don't get me wrong, I love my LS, but its parts are hard to find, and expensive if you do.

That's true, mine is stock inside and out. I drive it like a luxury car but when i need some power it goes. ..

thats right man , stock this thing is a beast , i only have a custom intake in my 06 and it takes off with a growl

Mark 8 weighs a little over 100lbs more, but has 10+ more HP/15+torque than a second gen LS. I'm sticking true to the Lincoln name, just trying to get something that's somewhat easier to work on.

Ooh yeah. I'd like to see if there's a way to put adjustable bags on it, lol. Freak all the mini-truckers out.

Members online

Back