What did you do to your LS today?

Pretty quick cars. I've never seen a fwd car that is able to rotate like the ST does.

This car is already far better than my LS. I agree with you stugots.

Just needed something better. Plus I can be a man and change my own gears.

This car is already far better than my LS. I agree with you stugots.

Just needed something better. Plus I can be a man and change my own gears.

So let me get this straight, you are now a man because you can work the gearbox on a FWD, 4cyl car, but you were not a man when you drove a RWD, V8 sport sedan?

SpongeBob-says-fuck-logic_large.jpg

SpongeBob-says-fuck-logic_large.jpg

This car is already far better than my LS

Hmmmm......

Climate controlled seats...Um, sorry.
Dual zone climate control...Um, sorry.
Heated outside mirrors...Um, sorry.
Heated rear sear....Um, sorry.

FWD appliance...CHECK
4-banger...CHECK
Faux Aston Martin front end...CHECK

SO much better....

throw+up+emoticon.jpg

throw+up+emoticon.jpg

An MkT is better than a Focus!!

What's the difference? Honestly, if they made the RS focus here I'd consider getting it as well, but since they don't I wouldn't. The U.S. one is underpowered, slow, and not worth the money. Better options under 25k: Sonata 2.0T, WRX, speed3, even the v6 Camaro, I could go on.. but I'll stop because I don't care...

....as none of us should... let him pimp the 4 banger and blend in with the rest of this sad world we live in

If you could please remove your thumb from your ass you will realize that I said "my" LS, not every LS. I love the car, but I had a terribly optioned one and it was also not too great.

But I do enjoy how the circle jerk comes full circle. Its pretty amazing. Enjoy the great car. I know I did.

Not hating on ur purchase at all. It's your life, you do things as you do them. I just personally wouldn't of pulled that trigger. I was contemplating buying the SRT-4, but it looks like for now it won't be produced. If I were to buy the focus I'd want the best one they offer, but they don't offer the best one in the states, so to me, there's no point in buying a car in a certain price range that could be outperformed by other cars in the same price range. All about bang vs buck to me.

there must be a script out there that everyone (most) use when letting a forum know they've purchased a new car....filled with moronic statements and insults... Its like a madlib of forum leaving.

GL with the Focus... post up pics sometime!

God, I've never seen so many people that are so quick to hate on anything that isn't rwd or a v8.

The ST is the furthest thing from an appliance, thing is an engineering achievement. Not to mention it can probably outrun our LS, and out handle it too. But it's a "hot hatch", not my cup of tea.

For you all unfamiliar with it. Take a look how it handles, a fwd that oversteers... Carlos is probably the best reviewer in the industry as well.
[video=youtube;-RSJvV6Ska0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RSJvV6Ska0[/video]

Changed the driver side rear O2 sensor (no more CEL!) and aired up all the tires, they were all 6 lbs low. Rides like a dream now.

I for one am fully aware that the ST is a sweet car, lots of bang for your buck. A little bit of black magic involving individual front wheel brake application keeps the torque steer in check. If I was forced to buy a new, economical car it would be quite high on my short list, if not first.

Everyone here knows the LS is getting outpaced very quickly. It just thought it was quite ironic that someone could trade a 8cyl for a 4cyl and then proceed to make masculine comments about it. I for one don't associate my genitalia by my transmission. Yeah a manual is a more engaging driver experience, but that doesn’t mean it is optimal on every vehicle. I for one associate the LS as a leaner than most cruiser that does pretty dang well in the corners, and yeah the 5 speed is a bit slow, but an automatic fits it. It’s not some switchback carving lightweight 2 door that would be a sin without a manual. Hell, Porsche, the most purist of the car manufactures is even saying bye bye to manuals. Ferrarri did some years ago.

Can we please stay on topic? lol

Cruised Woodward last night again and I could not contain my excitement when I saw another LS roll into the lot. A Gen. I that needed some TLC, but an LS none the less. Still get many compliments on my car (Looks like an M, nice wheels, is that original paint, tint, etc.) I must be doing something right.

Time to go play with some plastidip, retorque lug nuts, and drool over it.

^ remember to keep the nozzle clean, clean before each time u spray.
Shake up the can well in between coats.
Def give 8-10 mins in between coats.
If possible warm up (and keep warm) the cans with some hot water.

Just some tips that have helped me prevent texture.

Just doing behind the grille so I'm not too worried about it. Now if I attempt to dip the lower fascia your tips will come in handy. Thanks!

You know I have a set of those in my garage waiting to go on. I know it's an easy job, just have to find the time.

I've had mine for awhile too and finally got a free day to work on it.

Asked this in another thread but might as well ask it here too since we are on topic: Does replacing just the rear end links warrant an alignment?

I've had mine for awhile too and finally got a free day to work on it.

Asked this in another thread but might as well ask it here too since we are on topic: Does replacing just the rear end links warrant an alignment?

Stabilizer bar links? No. Tie-rod ends; yes.

Members online

Back