What did you do to your LS today?

Replaced rear sway bar links. A much needed repair; the straight part/bar on the RH side one was even slightly curved. Moog links are so much beefier than stock:
null_zpsdbcea247.jpg

Drove it for the first time since driving a 4cyl Equinox 1500 miles. Don't take your ls for granted. An overweight, underpowered, fwd block really puts things into perspective.

Replaced rear sway bar links. A much needed repair; the straight part/bar on the RH side one was even slightly curved. Moog links are so much beefier than stock:
null_zpsdbcea247.jpg

Mlara,
MOOG Part # K80245 & K80246 ? (two different prices listed at Rockauto for Right, Left)
what did you end up doing for the Tie Rods, DEEZA Part # JAL607 ?

Yes theyre different from side to side. One is for the left, the other for the right, they're different. One is more expensive, idk why lol the fronts are both the same.

I have not replaced tie rods yet, but I'm going to go with OEM in the next couple of weeks.

I used the mood rear links on mine as well. That was 30K-mi ago and still going strong. The fronts are still OEM.

Got the A/C charged in the one with the new compressor and gave them both quick detail with Lucas Slick Mist....

9BE1C32AD499BB4970AAD85792EC826C.gif

9BE1C32AD499BB4970AAD85792EC826C.gif

+ 1 on the Lucas Slick Mist, I use it also for quick clean up, smells great, like bubble gum.

2 days ago i got A/C compressor replaced $813 later, blowing like a champ

yesterday went and bought from a salvage yard the window regulator with motor and installed it (not bad 3 hours for first time ever)

finally after a year, window is back to normal and cold A/C blowing again

oh and re niteshaded my tail lights , they were looking a little pale , not bad a year and a half since i did em in this texas heat

just have to find the rear driver side outter door handle to replace cause i broke that a year ago as well

Swapped out that BS ANSI intake excuss for a coupler with a Vibrant Product hump coupler.

20130719_184415.jpg

20130719_184503.jpg

20130719_185038.jpg

20130719_193129.jpg

20130719_184503.jpg

20130719_185038.jpg

20130719_193129.jpg

20130719_184415.jpg

Much better, that blue sewage plumping has no place inside the engine bay!

Big, did you get a taste of that weather yesterday? I find my LS quite unstable on the highway during high winds, the rear has a tendency to squirm around quite a bit.

Yeah it was something else, it was supposed to hit around 5:44PM, instead it hit hard around 2:30
Trees down, power out everywhere, shingle roofs ripped apart. Petawawa got it real bad, stuff overturned.
We had two large trees on our road that snapped & toppled. It was all cleared up by evening though.

/// back on topic.

This weekend: Washed it, checked oil and tire pressure, cleaned engine bay, checked suspension & steering in all 4 corners (needs tie rods/ends, rear links, and hardware), cried a little bit, brother discovered my fog light relay was corroded and wired a single relay in to replace two, hand polished and waxed headlights and fog lights (valspar/min. spirits was showing some oxidation), programmed my Homelink, checked if I could adjust my exterior door handle to no avail, and removed the remaining Jag center caps :(.

PassengersFront5_zps1be75536.jpg

EngineBay1_zps6a001cc8.jpg

@jmtiseo, Nice good productive weekend if you ask me, looks great!

Don't use my experience as an example as I didn't take care of them, i.e.: no wax, auto car washes (committed not to hand wash from now on), dirt road, no garage (this has changed also). It wasn't on the lens face, it's where you would put an eye brow.

I'd check the thread but I think it's been over a year. I'm not going to elaborate any further, perhaps I'll update the headlight restoration thread when I get around to it.

*Edit: Thanks BigRig, needless to say I've had a steady roll of sweat going since last night.

Washed it, waxed it, drove it, and filled it up with 93.

It's the ABS and Trac Control lights.

When I got her home I checked codes....none. Shut her off and started her back up....no lights....I'm going to have to check battery and Alt I think.

Members online

No members online now.
Back