Waiting Room

On the uploading part android wins ;p Much easier on a android phone then iPhone (though its still easy on both). I definitely agree though that there's no perfect phone for everyone. Personally, I want a computer in my pocket, and that's what android is. IOS lacks power for a personal like me. But its great for many other people who don't need that and just wanna play words with friends lol

What does it lack?

I have yet to find something i cant do than an android can. Flash doesnt count because i dont really use any websites with flash and it has native youtube support.

What does it lack?

I have yet to find something i cant do than an android can. Flash doesnt count because i dont really use any websites with flash and it has native youtube support.

File system so it can be used like a USB drive, built in GPS navigation (not a app you have to buy), stream all of my 3000 (up to 20k for free) songs with Google music (no need to have on SD card memory), oh, and an SD card, MUCH faster multitasking, IOS just caught up with notifications but that used to be a biggie for me, 100% customization (I don't like how this keyboard types... Download a new one).

There are honestly a LOT of things, there's no way i remembered them all. There's also a plethera of things it does better like multiasking, it just requires learning the OS which many consumers refuse to do. But apple has one major thing over android, their app market is still better. But I don't game on my smart phone so I go with the more powerful/versitile operation system. Oh and apple has user friendly ness too

you can use an Iphone as USB drive as well play flash on it, you just need a browser app for it. I have a tom tom for nav, why use my phone. and why do you need 3000 songs. you will never listen to all that at one time.

I have yet to work with inventor, nor do I consider it a key player in the design field. The power of UG is extnsive, really limitless once you get used to it. Looking forward to using it to its full potential at my own free will.

Anyways...

Anyways.

My last mark was designed with inventor. It's an AMAZING program if you know how to use it. My brother in law deals with inventor for a living.

yeah its not the best but I like it and with some training it can be very powerful. I have worked with it on my own time for about 5 years now.

Since when has it been hard to make a playlist on android? And yes, I definitely like having my whole library with me. I listen to a LOT of different music and always have what I want when I want it. The flash part is completely pointless because its on the way out anyway, but like it or not, Android is a much more powerful OS. Iphone is just prettier. And using the Iphone as a USB device is MUCH more impaired than using an Android phone. First, there is no way to view the files with a file browser. Second, you cant even connect to file servers on your network to do quick transfers that way. This is something Android has been able to do since it was released. Android is a computer in your pocket, IOS is more of a phone/app store

Example: On my way out I grab a file off my computer my friend needs (because I log into the server over the wireless networking using my computer name), when I get to his house I drop it in his public folder over the same network. No wires needed. IOS cant do that without hacking. Sure, most people dont need that, but im a power user. LOTS more power in Android

And why use your phone for GPS? Because thats the way the world is going. One device. Also, you have to update your maps yes? I do not. Do you have satillite view on your tom tom? How about street view? My phone is a far more functional GPS then your tom tom most likely. How about live traffic reports with multiple routes around it? Live accident reports? Thats all STOCK in android. Tom Tom better be adding those features in, otherwise they wont have business for long since over 50% of smartphone users are already on Android and have those features in something they have already bought. GPS units are losing ground fast, just like MP3 players

People love their IOS devices though. There was a study that showed people who are really into IOS feel it like people feel their religion so theres literally no reason to argue over it, unless you like argueing over religion;

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-19/...apple-store-apple-employees-brains?_s=PM:TECH

When I tried using my phone as a music player I could not find an easy way to make playlists. That may have since changed with an update. I don't remember what else was on the list but GPS devices such as the TomTom, Garmin, Magellan, etc. are going to be a thing of the past here in the next few years. Along with the laptop since the tablet is slowly taking over.

I have not used inventor but ever since I started using UG I do not want to go back to using SolidWorks when I return to school. With my degree though I'm supposed to be well rounded in using many design programs. The use of expressions, part families, and the fact that it can be linked with Excel is a huge plus when doing tolerance analysis. Just hope that I never have to cross ProE ever again, that program is brutal.

Well, I dont know what music app you were using, but when using googles music play app you can hit menu and make an instant mix (basically the same as genius) or when your in the library screen you can hit the little arrow looking thing at the end of the song name and make a playlist or instant mix from there. But there in lies Androids major issue. With great customization comes great disparity between phones. Pure google is the way to go imo, but there are only 3 nexus (pure google) devices. That might change now that google owns motorola

stock music app. I don't like the idea of running a "non stock" app to play music. Not worried about it. At work I have pandora online, in my car it's cd's and radio, at home it's on my iMac lol. Part of why I want an iPhone, don't have to pay money or use a third party app to sync to your computer.

File system so it can be used like a USB drive, built in GPS navigation (not a app you have to buy), stream all of my 3000 (up to 20k for free) songs with Google music (no need to have on SD card memory), oh, and an SD card, MUCH faster multitasking, IOS just caught up with notifications but that used to be a biggie for me, 100% customization (I don't like how this keyboard types... Download a new one).

There are honestly a LOT of things, there's no way i remembered them all. There's also a plethera of things it does better like multiasking, it just requires learning the OS which many consumers refuse to do. But apple has one major thing over android, their app market is still better. But I don't game on my smart phone so I go with the more powerful/versitile operation system. Oh and apple has user friendly ness too

Theres multiple apps that allow you to do everything you said. Most of them are free even.

For $50 you can get a full garmin app with lifetime updates. Theres also the same app for each major gps manufacturer as well as the $.99 cent gps app that is good enough for most situations.

And i can use my phone just fine as a usb drive...it shows up under my computer and i can copy/drag files onto and off it like one.

Since when has it been hard to make a playlist on android? And yes, I definitely like having my whole library with me. I listen to a LOT of different music and always have what I want when I want it. The flash part is completely pointless because its on the way out anyway, but like it or not, Android is a much more powerful OS. Iphone is just prettier. And using the Iphone as a USB device is MUCH more impaired than using an Android phone. First, there is no way to view the files with a file browser. Second, you cant even connect to file servers on your network to do quick transfers that way. This is something Android has been able to do since it was released. Android is a computer in your pocket, IOS is more of a phone/app store

Example: On my way out I grab a file off my computer my friend needs (because I log into the server over the wireless networking using my computer name), when I get to his house I drop it in his public folder over the same network. No wires needed. IOS cant do that without hacking. Sure, most people dont need that, but im a power user. LOTS more power in Android

And why use your phone for GPS? Because thats the way the world is going. One device. Also, you have to update your maps yes? I do not. Do you have satillite view on your tom tom? How about street view? My phone is a far more functional GPS then your tom tom most likely. How about live traffic reports with multiple routes around it? Live accident reports? Thats all STOCK in android. Tom Tom better be adding those features in, otherwise they wont have business for long since over 50% of smartphone users are already on Android and have those features in something they have already bought. GPS units are losing ground fast, just like MP3 players

People love their IOS devices though. There was a study that showed people who are really into IOS feel it like people feel their religion so theres literally no reason to argue over it, unless you like argueing over religion;

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-19/...apple-store-apple-employees-brains?_s=PM:TECH

Thats very biased.

An iphone user will argue their phone over an android user just as android users do the same. Why does it automatically make me an apple fanboy by having one? Yes i like my iOS devices because they work and they work well.

I dont own anything else Apple. All my pc's are windows based and ive built multiple computers. Im by no means a standard user. I consider myself a power user as you do. I used to mess around with palm phones and custom roms but i have no need for it with this phone.

Last time i checked android does not have anywhere near 50% of the market share of smart phones. In order its Apple devices, followed by Android, then blackberry and windows mobile. With nokia devices dead last.

iOS is very powerful but its locked down by Apple. Theres pros and cons to this. But what apple does allow onto its phones runs extremely well. And by no means is it just "pretty". I could care less how it looks. Im more about functionality and it just does everything well. And dont get me started on the accessories. Love being able to connect to a headunit and use pandora. Better than xm or sirus.

Theres multiple apps that allow you to do everything you said. Most of them are free even.

For $50 you can get a full garmin app with lifetime updates. Theres also the same app for each major gps manufacturer as well as the $.99 cent gps app that is good enough for most situations.

And i can use my phone just fine as a usb drive...it shows up under my computer and i can copy/drag files onto and off it like one.

Thats very biased.

An iphone user will argue their phone over an android user just as android users do the same. Why does it automatically make me an apple fanboy by having one? Yes i like my iOS devices because they work and they work well.

I dont own anything else Apple. All my pc's are windows based and ive built multiple computers. Im by no means a standard user. I consider myself a power user as you do. I used to mess around with palm phones and custom roms but i have no need for it with this phone.

Last time i checked android does not have anywhere near 50% of the market share of smart phones. In order its Apple devices, followed by Android, then blackberry and windows mobile. With nokia devices dead last.

iOS is very powerful but its locked down by Apple. Theres pros and cons to this. But what apple does allow onto its phones runs extremely well. And by no means is it just "pretty". I could care less how it looks. Im more about functionality and it just does everything well. And dont get me started on the accessories. Love being able to connect to a headunit and use pandora. Better than xm or sirus.

Never called you a fan boy lol. I was just stating that fan boys can get WAY to into it. And I was talking about functionality beyond that of just a simple USB. Do networking transfers then we can talk.

So ok, you can pay $50 for the garmin app... or just have it with android? I dont see how there is a comparison there.

Oh, and last time you checked must have been a LONG time ago. Here is the US market, currently at 48% Android (http://news.yahoo.com/us-smartphone-users-now-over-100-million-android-041611789.html). That is as of this month. This one is a bit older and is global market share, putting android at 52% globally (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396404,00.asp). I research my numbers, because nothing pisses me off more then when people just spout numbers lol

Like I have been saying from the beginning. For people that want basic smartphone functionality IOS is great. Its great for 90% of users. But there are many people that dont like IOS, and there are people like me who want something that does more, and regardless android allows me to do a lot more. There are definitely good reasons to have the phones locked down like apple does it, it provides a consistent and protected user environment. Which is important because you can destroy your phone without those safeguards. Thats apples secret weapon and biggest downfall at the same time. Just like how Android open environment is there biggest downfall. There are some SUPER crappy android devices, but if you go top end and do a little research, you will not be disappointed

Like I said, argueing smartphones is like argueing religion but I guess Ill leave it with this. Which do you think is more powerful? Mac IOS or Unix? Thats basically the comparison we are currently discussing. Or, in car terms, a Lincoln LS V8 with a speed limiter or one without?

Yeah I definitely want to get a bluetooth headunit for my phone. That would be the awesome. Some of the bluetooth accessories that are coming out are awesome. My bud and I went disc golfing and he had a mobile bluetooth speaker that had like 8 hours of battery life. Freaking amazing haha

Lol lets let this thread go back to other topics. This conversation never ends well, and lets be serious, its not like we are going to convince each other one way or another.

Sooo... anyone else into Boba Fett?

830px-Bobasld1.jpg

Never called you a fan boy lol. I was just stating that fan boys can get WAY to into it. And I was talking about functionality beyond that of just a simple USB. Do networking transfers then we can talk.

Yeah theres several apps that allow this. Search for usb in the store and youll see them. They have built in HTTP file server access and can interface between any other wifi connection. Other features too but i just glanced quickly.

So ok, you can pay $50 for the garmin app... or just have it with android? I dont see how there is a comparison there.

Like i said theres multiple GPS apps including free ones or $.99 cent ones. I wasnt aware garmin made a free app with all the functionality of their nuvi standalone units...that would be a bad business model.

I have used google maps before to get around and its fairly accurate for how basic it is. But it does come preloaded.

Oh, and last time you checked must have been a LONG time ago. Here is the US market, currently at 48% Android (http://news.yahoo.com/us-smartphone-users-now-over-100-million-android-041611789.html). That is as of this month. This one is a bit older and is global market share, putting android at 52% globally (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396404,00.asp). I research my numbers, because nothing pisses me off more then when people just spout numbers lol

It was indeed. Lets also look at how many phones are out there running android versus how many are running iOS. Theres only 4 phones from apple on the market versus what 100 or more running android?

Like I have been saying from the beginning. For people that want basic smartphone functionality IOS is great. Its great for 90% of users. But there are many people that dont like IOS, and there are people like me who want something that does more, and regardless android allows me to do a lot more. There are definitely good reasons to have the phones locked down like apple does it, it provides a consistent and protected user environment. Which is important because you can destroy your phone without those safeguards. Thats apples secret weapon and biggest downfall at the same time. Just like how Android open environment is there biggest downfall. There are some SUPER crappy android devices, but if you go top end and do a little research, you will not be disappointed

Ive looked a lot of the higher end android phones and yes they are nice. Love the amoled 4" screens the high clock speeds and high mp cameras. But i still prefer the way iOS does things.

My perfect phone would be a 4" screen with 10mp front and rear cameras, 1080p 30fps video recording, 10 hour battery life and running an unlocked iOSx that can still use the app store.

Like I said, argueing smartphones is like argueing religion but I guess Ill leave it with this. Which do you think is more powerful? Mac IOS or Unix? Thats basically the comparison we are currently discussing. Or, in car terms, a Lincoln LS V8 with a speed limiter or one without?

I love debates. I like to get the other persons point of view and see how they see things. I haven't used either to pass judgement. Ive only used windows and iOS devices.

It would not be the same comparison. It would be more like two different car models. Each with its pros and cons.

Im not dogging android in anyway. Just saying that the apple hate bandwagon is really thrown out of proportion. And this is coming from a guy who hated apple.

Yeah theres several apps that allow this. Search for usb in the store and youll see them. They have built in HTTP file server access and can interface between any other wifi connection. Other features too but i just glanced quickly.

Like i said theres multiple GPS apps including free ones or $.99 cent ones. I wasnt aware garmin made a free app with all the functionality of their nuvi standalone units...that would be a bad business model.

I have used google maps before to get around and its fairly accurate for how basic it is. But it does come preloaded.

It was indeed. Lets also look at how many phones are out there running android versus how many are running iOS. Theres only 4 phones from apple on the market versus what 100 or more running android?

Ive looked a lot of the higher end android phones and yes they are nice. Love the amoled 4" screens the high clock speeds and high mp cameras. But i still prefer the way iOS does things.

My perfect phone would be a 4" screen with 10mp front and rear cameras, 1080p 30fps video recording, 10 hour battery life and running an unlocked iOSx that can still use the app store.

I love debates. I like to get the other persons point of view and see how they see things. I haven't used either to pass judgement. Ive only used windows and iOS devices.

It would not be the same comparison. It would be more like two different car models. Each with its pros and cons.

Im not dogging android in anyway. Just saying that the apple hate bandwagon is really thrown out of proportion. And this is coming from a guy who hated apple.

I agree with that for sure. The fan boys on both sides are completely obnoxious. I just so used to people getting way too freaking into the arguement. No matter how you look at it, your talking about the two best mobile OS' at the moment (actually windows 7 mobile is apparently awesome, but their marketing sucks).

And yeah android has a lot of different devices, but IOS is still competing in the same market, so I dont really see how that has an effect (the only carrier it isnt on is tmobile).

Yeah I think my perfect device would be a 4.7" super amoled, 1.5 gig dual core, 2 gig of ram, 8mp back side camera but actually having good optics (8mp is a LOT of pixels, we need to improve the optics first imo) with an actual dedicated camera chip in the phone for fast picture taking and burst modes. The new HTC one X seems to fit this bill, but I want a nexus device for my next phone. I like pure android better.

The optics in the Iphone are really good, same with samsung phones (if I remember correctly that actually where the Iphone gets their optics). But honestly, unless we manage to shrink those camera sensor parts even more, image quality will get worse and worse with more megapixels. If we just took 8 mp and improved the sensors and optics it would be a night and day difference. I mean, look at 8 mp D SLRs, they look fantastic (depending on brand, also showing how much parts matter). My phone pictures look NOTHING like that. Probably never will, but they could be so much better haha

Everyone have a good weekend? I just purchased 8 cheap ebay coils and spark plugs that says they fit my car. Will this fix the sorta bogged down feeling I get when I mash the gas, studdering at idle with a slight vibration? I don't have a CEL so nothing's wrong right? I tried using the search thing but it doesn't work. Please help!

Yeah that will most likely fix that

The sarcasm was missed, two threads in the past two days came up about it lol. On a serious note I just purchased the Visteon Coils off Amazon. Also picked up Motorcraft platinum plugs and Dorman lug nuts off of RockAuto. I have a little bog down and studder at idle at times and my car almost didn't start a few weeks ago. Had to rotate my tires the last oil change but remembered that I needed lug nuts so I put it off until now. Hope these all live up to the hype.

The sarcasm was missed, two threads in the past two days came up about it lol. On a serious note I just purchased the Visteon Coils off Amazon. Also picked up Motorcraft platinum plugs and Dorman lug nuts off of RockAuto. I have a little bog down and studder at idle at times and my car almost didn't start a few weeks ago. Had to rotate my tires the last oil change but remembered that I needed lug nuts so I put it off until now. Hope these all live up to the hype.

Haha oops. Yeah I was like "REALLY?!" lol

I had a good weekend cleand al the crap off of my wheels from when my caliper seized. I used acid cleaner from my local detailing store, stuff worked very well.

I had a good weekend cleand al the crap off of my wheels from when my caliper seized. I used acid cleaner from my local detailing store, stuff worked very well.

just commenting cause i love your avatar , calvin and hobbes FTFW (for the F*king win)

uc7mcqMjNkmkv9qkdBF6QAxlo1_1280.jpg

Calvin and Hobbes!!!!!!!!!! my favorite one is the one with all the little snowmen and him crushing them, or any of him with the babysitter or school

Members online

Back