Waiting Room

Funny how this topic comes up. I can't be the only one that has friends post asking which phones to upgrade to. Just yesterday a good friend of mine posted. Android based phones and iPhones are meant for two different people and nothing grinds my gears more when someone suggests a phone based on how hard an OS makes them. My next phone will be an iPhone 5, currently Evo3D.

My opinionated response to being called a fanboy and the other guy saying that Android has its perks. No :q:q:q:q, owning a Prius has its perks but you don't see everyone driving one.

"So does owning an iPhone. If you're going to root it, overclock it, spend all day on it and all that jibba jabba then yes go Android. In the way I know Qualtire he's not for all that. If you ask me that's the only advantage to Android systems. Otherwise if you're going to text, fb, check email, take photos, Twitter, music video, direct upload all of that to the internet, the iPhone is a much better phone in that aspect. Sent from my Evo3D, put the personal preference aside, all smart phones do the same thing. For example, macs are known for there photo editing and clarity, if he was serious in his photography hobby/side work he'd invest in in the apple brand."

Also, it's not a glorified iPod Touch, if anything, the touch is a dumbed down iPhone. I had to look it up to make sure because I thought the iPhone came first. The original release via Wikipedia has the iPhone coming out a few months prior to the iPod Touch.

LOL.

Anyone on the Apple hate bandwagon clearly hasnt used one recently. The first one sucked, the 3G was sucky but at least had 3G finally. The 3GS was the first one that really started competing with others and the 4 is just wonderful. 4S is a bit better but i dont care for siri and the dual core is not that much faster.

Now with the 5 we should finally get on the same level as the others. dual core chip with quad core graphics and 4G LTE...maybe a 4" screen??

I've used a 4s and ipad2 and still wouldn't buy them with my own money. I don't get all the hype and severe mark up on their products. The 4gs seems to have better data service than any phone on any service, but I personally think that's because apple pays the service providers for better coverage. I know it sounds far fetched.

I've used a 4s and ipad2 and still wouldn't buy them with my own money. I don't get all the hype and severe mark up on their products. The 4gs seems to have better data service than any phone on any service, but I personally think that's because apple pays the service providers for better coverage. I know it sounds far fetched.

What mark up??

All modern phones with similar features have the same prices. Everything has to have a markup for anyone to make money. The iPad had the lowest markup I think they cost about $350 to make when they sell for $500. Not bad considering the company has to make money somehow. And pay for materials and employees.

Not they aren't the best out there but everything else has a mark up too whether it's from apple or htc or Samsung. The metal around the phone is actually the antenna and there's two of them. That's why it gets such good reception.

AHAHAHAHA you musta missed the whole ordeal people had with crappy service

That was the AT&T iPhone 4. We are talking about the 4s. I have a Verizon iPhone 4 and always have great reception. I left sprint because of crappy signal.

I love my Iphone 4 on Verizon. The thing that makes apple products great and android and Microsoft so unstable is that they let any company and person modify it. Like and LG and Samsung android phone with the same version have different software. Apple makes it one way and tells you to bad, and it works great. I know people say well I can't customize my iphone, who cares how many users actually do that.

yeah, I am a fan of both products but for different applications, I will not buy an apple computer because I run cad programs which are not made to run on OSX, and it would be pointless to by an apple and run microsoft on it. But in the same case to do photo video and other editing stuff I would get an apple there is tons of software designed for mac.

I am strange one though, I also like the browns and steelers and GM and Ford.. Foreign and Domestic, again for different applications other than football obviously

most people are a 1 or 0 i am more like a qubit, the computer geeks will get that

I bought a Mac and I'm thinking of getting a nice windows laptop to run CAD programs on. I don't take my work home but a part of me likes to think I would if I could. Which one's do you work with? UG, SolidWorks, Catia, the always popular ProE? I've read back when I got my computer that they came out with an Apple friendly SolidWorks but it had bugs in it.

I can understand being loyal to sports teams, or the city of Detroit for me, but car companies is different. In the future I plan to only buy 'Merican cars. You have to take a step back and look at some of the cool stuff that foreign car companies bring to the table.

*Edit - you take that binary mumbo jumbo else where!

Hahaha binary ah man it's a joke between myself and te programmers at work I just mess around with auto desk inventor for personal projects I have also used pro e but I lost my disks and have a new hd in my desktop now and I am not buying that for personal use at the cost of a seat for it

Exactly my point! I knew when this topic came up there were going to be ruffled feathers.

lets just hope apple never makes cars , well be SOL as far as mods and customization

I am from Ohio but lived in Michigan for a couple years so I like the red wings but for football I am all about the stealers but I also enjoy watching the browns and my lady likes the broncos but I don't care I don't get why people are sk crazy about sports though I mean I could care less about the buckeyes and wolverines

lets just hope apple never makes cars , well be SOL as far as mods and customization

Samsung makes a car. But if apple made a car you would get a reliable econobox for the price of a ferrari but it would never crash haha pun intended

Samsung makes a car. But if apple made a car you would get a reliable econobox for the price of a ferrari but it would never crash haha pun intended

just for sake of convo (im not trying to be that guy lol ) but if apple never crashed then we wouldnt need the "hold down home button and power button at same time" dealio

I never have to do that on mine. You do know that you can kill your running apps by double tapping the home button then hold down the app and click the "x's" ten you're fine. I have not had any issue with my iPhone 4

just for sake of convo (im not trying to be that guy lol ) but if apple never crashed then we wouldnt need the "hold down home button and power button at same time" dealio

All computers crash thats a given. But ive never had mine crash that bad.

I never have to do that on mine. You do know that you can kill your running apps by double tapping the home button then hold down the app and click the "x's" ten you're fine. I have not had any issue with my iPhone 4

I do this all the time. less programs running + longer battery life. Also turn off wifi completely when away from home and keep the screen about 75% brightness.

I have had one computer crash and it was just the hard drive dying, my current desktop has been running for 7 years with that one crash and it runs about if added up 360 days of the year non stop

Ive had mine crash way more but that was due to unstable overclocks.

Ah yeah that will do it. Mine is not over clocked, not sure I could if I wanted to it has an intel pentium ht I know it's old but I love the machine it just runs so good

The last desktop i built has a phenom x4 quad with the unlocked multiplier. Not the :q:q:q:qty pheomns that run hot but the newer architecture.

Havent built a pc in a while but that system can still hold its own today. Runs at 3.6ghz with 4GB DDRII and has a Geforce 295 for the gpu.

I have two other desktops...i used to upgrade about every year-year and a half and they still run so i just keep them.

I mostly use my laptop which is no slug either. ASUS G51.

Cool stuff man I also have a toshiba satellite X205 SLI which is sick but the screen is cracked. And a few others lying about that need attention. But I will end up spendIng the money elsewhere first like perhaps new home speakers like focal chorus's or maybe I could hit the lottery and get mt dream a pair of Grand Utopia III's with all McIntosh amps and electronics :) this guy would never leave his office

I have yet to work with inventor, nor do I consider it a key player in the design field. The power of UG is extnsive, really limitless once you get used to it. Looking forward to using it to its full potential at my own free will.

Anyways...

Anyways.

Funny how this topic comes up. I can't be the only one that has friends post asking which phones to upgrade to. Just yesterday a good friend of mine posted. Android based phones and iPhones are meant for two different people and nothing grinds my gears more when someone suggests a phone based on how hard an OS makes them. My next phone will be an iPhone 5, currently Evo3D.

My opinionated response to being called a fanboy and the other guy saying that Android has its perks. No :q:q:q:q, owning a Prius has its perks but you don't see everyone driving one.

"So does owning an iPhone. If you're going to root it, overclock it, spend all day on it and all that jibba jabba then yes go Android. In the way I know Qualtire he's not for all that. If you ask me that's the only advantage to Android systems. Otherwise if you're going to text, fb, check email, take photos, Twitter, music video, direct upload all of that to the internet, the iPhone is a much better phone in that aspect. Sent from my Evo3D, put the personal preference aside, all smart phones do the same thing. For example, macs are known for there photo editing and clarity, if he was serious in his photography hobby/side work he'd invest in in the apple brand."

Also, it's not a glorified iPod Touch, if anything, the touch is a dumbed down iPhone. I had to look it up to make sure because I thought the iPhone came first. The original release via Wikipedia has the iPhone coming out a few months prior to the iPod Touch.

On the uploading part android wins ;p Much easier on a android phone then iPhone (though its still easy on both). I definitely agree though that there's no perfect phone for everyone. Personally, I want a computer in my pocket, and that's what android is. IOS lacks power for a personal like me. But its great for many other people who don't need that and just wanna play words with friends lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back