Unofficially Official; Stance Coilovers

Okie okie guys easy ! I'm pretty sure the eBay stuff use stocks and/or aftermarket suspension like KYB struts and the claim to be able to have the same drop as stance 1-4" inches! These sleeve overs/ coilovers are not as extensive and fully adjustable like the stance (camber)

But are a cheap alternative to the stance with very capable abilities!
Though these springs were manufactured at KYB and a donor car was used in house by the seller to do R&D! With non-sport suspension on a gen 1! Which leads to my questio is my suspension in my 2004 ultimate the same as the donor car?Considering running a KYB setup and these sleeves!

Him and the guys at Stance will find a happy medium for both us "low" guys and us "performance handling" guys.

I've had Stance products before and they offered mind blowing performance and drop.

I'm not saying these will be God's gift to LS's, but the above comment is why I associate with these guys and this company. Function over form, but the form almost always seems to follow. They usually come with about 4" of actual height adjustment. I'm going to measure them out tomorrow (with pictures to make sure we get everyone {errr the vast majority} happy) with the 17" fender to rim lip. Figure then, you have 19's raise it 3" you're probably near KYB height. Right now I don't see any flaws with that mental math/engineering. Correct?

I'm still interested if for nothing else then the coil-overs and shocks. Worse case scenario I can swap springs out or something. It all comes down to what the production specs are. Anyone have any info on the spring weights and rates?

The Jag STR suspension and brake setup basically requires knuckles at all 4 corners, front UCA, optionally front LCA, and shock/springs. I was planning to do this with Bilsteins and H&R Sport springs, but this coil-over kit would be less expensive and better. For the cost, I will just fab-up a bracket for some brembo's or wilwoods and keep it relatively simple. Plus them I can pick and choose calipers and rotors.

Chances are, this kit would get bought and sit in the garage for another 30K until my warranty is up. Just like that 8.8" conversion I already have and some misc parts for the blower setup. :)

Anyone have any info on the spring weights and rates?

Shooting in the dark I'd say around 12/10 or 14/12 on the springs. I know, for my application I want a higher rate, which might me available to everyone else at request. I'll R&D these at whatever its sold standard.

It was getting hard to fit the brembos up front, so he is looking at using wilwood calipers up front because they are slimmer than the brembos and using a smaller brembo for the rears.

What about a wilwood setup all around?

I think it would look better if all four match.

True but I dont mind since I wont have the logos on them. They will just be all red to start and if I dont like red, I'll get them done in black.

Looks too damn good with the logo:
wilwooodlincolnlsavarus.jpg

Yeah they do look good.Well first if I dont like the red, I'll get them done in black with red logo. Logo will be either the lincoln star or maybe wilwood in red.

The rears might be wilwood too. We'll see how that turns out after the holidays.

Cool.

Whatever you guys decide to do just make it available to us. I may not do an engine mods but would love to have some better stopping power for overall safety and the looks as well.

If you are getting wilwood brackets fabricated, and want to set-up a group deal, start a new thread. I'd be all over that depending on the caliper and rotor specs :)

I'm totally in but I'm running 20' rim and I want as little a gap and hope 1350$ is not the final price

Even if 1350 is the final price it is an amazing deal.

What he said! I have no problems with it being inexpensive, but I don't want it to be cheap. If that makes any sense.

So far I like everything I am hearing. :)

If you are getting wilwood brackets fabricated, and want to set-up a group deal, start a new thread. I'd be all over that depending on the caliper and rotor specs :)

Same.

And if you aren't doing a group buy, spill the info on what you are doing and put me in touch with your fabricator. I'm sure he could build one, but would rather build two for twice the price :)

Well, I got almost all of the measurements this weekend for the suspension. There's going to be some suspension binding issues with 17's if you want to go low low (plus the frame is like .00001231 inches off the ground); I think I'm going to start basing everything off of 18's. At rim tuck with 17's the suspension components are completely bound and have 1/2" of travel... Close to tucking with 18's will give you 1 1/4" of travel. This is all a product of the LS, not of the coilovers. I'll have to get some R&D time in the car and let you know what we come up with. With the minds over at Stance, we'll come out with an awesome product.

Cool.

Whatever you guys decide to do just make it available to us. I may not do an engine mods but would love to have some better stopping power for overall safety and the looks as well.

I dont want to thread jack anymore, but yeah, the point was to offer a BBK for the ls.

More info after the new years and I will make a thread with the info when everything is finalized with Brett.

Got to the shop today after ditching work in excitement for coilovers and LeMons build, and some fcker stole my mig welder, mask, gloves, and tank (plus my friends plasma cutter)... That is all I have to contribute to thread right now.

sorry to hear man. Cant have nice things.

The coil monster got me this past weekend so I took a nice hit on that for all 8 and new plugs. Then I broke an evap part.

any update on these ?

Looks good.

I will start designing the prototype

Thanks
TFDave

^^^That was sent 5 days ago. Consider with the holiday and weekend they might have a couple days of work into them. They are creating a completely new coilover from my measurements, and your input; these things don't get built over night. I'll post whatever progress I get as it comes.

Members online

Back