Unofficially Official; Stance Coilovers

You get what you pay for.

Dont go cheap on suspension parts for a 40K luxury vehicle.

If you just want to scrub the ground then just cut the springs. These are more for the performance suspension tuning crowd. Lowering just happens to be a part of that process.

I know that the stance coilovers might be for performance but KYB specializes in aftermarket performance suspension! I will be looking into this more, but for the money the product does come with lifetime warranty ! So let's look at this more guys I'm in the states maybe someone wants to call this seller and talk to him more about this cheaper product since I'm in canada and long distance is crazy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-03...:Lincoln|Model:LS&vxp=mtr&hash=item2317c59f08

Some generic coil overs but aren't worth it. There was a thread about these recently and a member was going to pull the trigger. He did more research on them and decided against them.

That was me, what I found was the spring rates are absurdly low along with the over all quality. Ultimately what I found was the consensus on these are very dangerous for both the drive and cars stability.

I just talked tithe manufacturing and he said and work is done at KYB !
I'll update soon

I'm confused on what your saying..KYB is also making a set of coil overs for the LS

That was me, what I found was the spring rates are absurdly low along with the over all quality. Ultimately what I found was the consensus on these are very dangerous for both the drive and cars stability.

I'm confused on what your saying..KYB is also making a set of coil overs for the LS

It sounds like he was claiming the eBay coil overs are being manufactured at KYB, and sold by this auto parts dealer on the Internet.

Yea that's was the seller said manufacture by KYB and sold by this eBay seller!
Somebody call this guy and see what's the real deal with the coilovers!

LOOK AT THEM....they look like crap.

Now look at stance:
STC-ST-Z34-GR_-1.jpg

Big difference.

I'd be interested in the comparison. If you want to go with those, go for it. And if you have the chance, I'd like to compare the hard data. For example-skid pad, slalom, etc. Like I said earlier, I'm making no money off of this, there are a lot of choices, go with what you want; Areas of concern to me with the ebay ones are: A) What is the spring rate? B) What is preventing you from going through shocks every 6 months (you're just lowering it with the spring, making the shock partially to mostly compressed all the time, depending on your ride height)? C) How is the slip on portion going to work in sync with the shock when they were each tested and R&D'd independitly? What if you use it with the stock shock, what if you use an aftermarket one?
I did notice that every picture they have of the coilover is the exact same stock photo. I'd like to see how the LS coilover differs from the Chrysler Sirrus ones that they sell. Keep us updated if you do go with these.
PS-Tomorrow specs get sent off to R&D for the Stance coilovers!!!

If you just want to scrub the ground then just cut the springs. These are more for the performance suspension tuning crowd. Lowering just happens to be a part of that process.

When I look at my LS I see a racecar........ NOT.

Like I said i want to tuck tire. Why bc form over function as LS to me isnt a racecar or performance platform.

Just based off of early set up and measurements (weight, body type, mounting points) the suspension shares a lot with the 2nd gen GS300 (which I currently own). Our coilovers are going to be made specific to the Lincoln LS, but will look a lot like this.
226411d1319612030-fs-stance-coilovers-o-c-stance.jpg

Yeah buddy. Cant wait for me to go low and the real racers race.

SO there is talk of SPC camber correction parts?

When I look at my LS I see a racecar........ NOT.

Like I said i want to tuck tire. Why bc form over function as LS to me isnt a racecar or performance platform.

The majority on here want something to lower ride height and gain performance.

You can get custom springs made just for your vehicle that will drag the undercarriage if you want. The rest of us are content with 1" to 3" drop.

The LS isnt a racecar but its a luxury sport sedan.

Yeah buddy. Cant wait for me to go low and the real racers race.

SO there is talk of SPC camber correction parts?

As you can tell we are JUST so busy at work today... Anybody want a Ricoh copier?? haha.
SPC is a possibility, but they aren't cheap. Ichiban used to make ones that were very close, but no longer produce them.

The majority on here want something to lower ride height and gain performance.

You can get custom springs made just for your vehicle that will drag the undercarriage if you want. The rest of us are content with 1" to 3" drop.

The LS isnt a racecar but its a luxury sport sedan.

Yea i can see how me suggesting a 1-3.5 drop would ruin your day. And I obviously want more than just a huge drop or I wouldnt be dropping the coin to have a good set up. And for you guys to assume im going to be always sitting on ground is just silly. I want dampening to be adjustable and an aggressive spring rate. I do plan on being slammed but if the spring isnt stiff enough to not bottom out all the time ill raise it a bit.

Work is beyond slow. I have a bunch of goodies from Ford for preventative maintainence I could be installing.

As long as this kit comes in under $1500 or so, and maintains a focus on performance, I'm still in. My planned STR suspension set-up was going to run around that price so that is where I am coming from.

I place no value on being able to bottom the car out or tuck the tire, so for me that would be a detractor if the coil-over's performance aspects were compromised to provide this.

What about the Jag brembo setup??

Or are we all waiting on Alax to update is with his brembo stuff.

The Jag STR Brembo setup requires a lot of parts. Most notably the knuckles and lower control arm in order to bolt on the STR shocks and brakes. There's also the upper control arm which helps with the lower stance and caster/camber geometry. The 03-05 STR setup was the one you wanted. Higher spring rates, more aggressive dampening, and the brembo 4-pot brake setup. The 00-02 and 06-08 were pretty much the same as the regular S-Type and without the brembos.

Kumba you know that these are height adjustable right? Seems to me you are failing to read into that part. I also do not want to bottom out that is why I want this set up with an agressive rate and dampening adjustability. I am going to go as low as possible. Does that mean by what I plan to do should ruin your day? No, what you use yours for has no effect on me as I do not care.

IF these have a 1 to 4 inch adjustability doesnt mean you have to be at 4.

I cant wait to be all gay and low.

Yea i can see how me suggesting a 1-3.5 drop would ruin your day. And I obviously want more than just a huge drop or I wouldnt be dropping the coin to have a good set up. And for you guys to assume im going to be always sitting on ground is just silly. I want dampening to be adjustable and an aggressive spring rate. I do plan on being slammed but if the spring isnt stiff enough to not bottom out all the time ill raise it a bit.

Never said that.

Just pointed out that you could get something that meets your specific needs versus this kit that would be in the best interest of what the majority here want.

Never said that.

Just pointed out that you could get something that meets your specific needs versus this kit that would be in the best interest of what the majority here want.

well if you can point me in the direction of another company making full bodied coilovers then be my guest and send a link. Bags are not my style at all.

We shall see when the prototype is done if these will get low enough to meet my needs.

Kumba you know that these are height adjustable right? Seems to me you are failing to read into that part. I also do not want to bottom out that is why I want this set up with an agressive rate and dampening adjustability. I am going to go as low as possible. Does that mean by what I plan to do should ruin your day? No, what you use yours for has no effect on me as I do not care.

IF these have a 1 to 4 inch adjustability doesnt mean you have to be at 4.

I cant wait to be all gay and low.

You can be as gay and low as you want. That's your preference. [/sarcasm]

I won't buy these if the final product was compromised to provide a lower ride height. Perhaps you aren't understanding what I mean by compromise. I don't mean I won't buy them just because they will let you adjust up to 4". What I mean is I won't buy them if something like the spring rates are softened up to provide 4" of adjustment. This can be compensated for by other means, but this is why I would need to see the production version to make a decision.

My needs and concerns are just different then yours. That doesn't mean I am putting down whatever you are trying to do. It just means that I am only going to spend my money on something that is worth it to me.

What about the Jag brembo setup??

Or are we all waiting on Alax to update is with his brembo stuff.

It was getting hard to fit the brembos up front, so he is looking at using wilwood calipers up front because they are slimmer than the brembos and using a smaller brembo for the rears.

I would think that if they are made to go lower you would get a higher rate to give you a lesser chance of bottoming out.

At the end of the day these will meet both our goals i'm sure. Alzimme is the man making this possible and knows what we all want. Him and the guys at Stance will find a happy medium for both us "low" guys and us "performance handling" guys.

I've had Stance products before and they offered mind blowing performance and drop.

Members online

No members online now.
Back