Unofficially Official; Stance Coilovers

Im going to want less than a 2 finger gap im at that with my set up now. I wanna tuck tire a bit. :)

So that is one thing I will want/need to purchase these

Last edited:
Not to pleased about that. Our rear camber is not adjustable

A camber plate will do nothing but move the strut side to side. Since we have a double wishbone set up.

Thanks Lincoln/Ford/Jaguar for the non adjustability

I just want a one inch drop.

I dont care if i cant adjust the camber.

Im going to want less than a 2 finger gap im at that with my set up now. I wanna tuck tire a bit. :)

I'm cross referencing this with the "lowered measurements" thread to see what people have and want. Its hard because it has to be tall enough work with stock and aftermarket wheels, 16"-19", but also low enough to be an advantage over the the aftermarket shock/(cut) spring combo. We'll get this as versatile as possible. Nothings in stone for the specs yet.

Not to pleased about that. Our rear camber is not adjustable

Long winded post to follow about the total suspension idea I have in my head long term. Most of it is just regurgitated "wiki" type info applied to the LS.

Exactly what mookie said; Since the shock works completely independently of the wishbone, we'll need to work on the top wishbone (front and rear) to get the camber adjustment. We'll always want to get the suspension as vertical as possible; angular suspension compression is more or less "binding" that suspension. Its actually to our advantage with the double wishbone. A single control arm that has camber/ caster adjustment will affect the suspensions action and performance (a lot of horizontal forces acting on a part designed to move vertically). Double wishbone allows for camber/caster adjustment to parts developed to take front/back and side to side adjustment. In turn, adjusting one area won't compromise another areas performance. Will these advantages be pushed to their full potential? I highly doubt it, but its a built in advantage of our car.

Added: Another advantage is that our steering turns between the arms while the shock stays static. With single control arm cars, the suspension rotates on the suspension in the shock mount. There's a crazy amount of force on that pillow ball mount while turning and hitting a bump; you have a cylindrical object that needs to be free moving (in order for the car to turn easily) taking abuse from every turn of the wheel and bump. Lincoln LS's do not need this, and in turn GREATLY reduces the stress on a single small point of the coilover. This is huge on a car that weighs 3700lbs.

I'm cross referencing this with the "lowered measurements" thread to see what people have and want. Its hard because it has to be tall enough work with stock and aftermarket wheels, 16"-19", but also low enough to be an advantage over the the aftermarket shock/(cut) spring combo. We'll get this as versatile as possible. Nothings in stone for the specs yet.

Id personally like to see the range of 2-3" drop if possible... :D

I'm happy if it gets me 1.5" of drop or so. I don't want to go much lower as from all I've read it will unstable the suspension if it goes much lower. Would have to get it on a track and do time trials.

+1

You can basically get that gap from Eibachs. Mine is real close to that. Sprints/Canucks/Etc all can start to lightly tuck the tires depending on wheel/tire size

I personally think a lowering range of 1-3.5 would be ideal.

If people want a stock height they should keep stock suspension.

I just dont want to purchase these, install them, and lower them all the way and it look like I still have my cut eibachs on there. I hate seeing the top of my tire just how I am.

Both of these design adapations will lower the price, but will not affect coilover performance in the slightest. We're also working on having the coilover run all the way from stock height to 2 finger gap from tire to fender; with valving to run from close to sporty stock feel to stiff.

how much are we talking? I would be in if its around $1000. Even at 1350 I would consider it (it would just take me longer to get it all together).

how much are we talking? I would be in if its around $1000. Even at 1350 I would consider it (it would just take me longer to get it all together).

I can't say the price for sure because we are still working on R&D time, machine shop time, materials, etc. The actual dollar amount is out of my hands, I'm here to give them specs, forum input, and an R&D platform (my donor car I bought). It will be a while before a final product is in your hands, start saving now.

Little more updates to the long winded post on the wishbone suspension.

I personally think a lowering range of 1-3.5 would be ideal.

If people want a stock height they should keep stock suspension.

I just dont want to purchase these, install them, and lower them all the way and it look like I still have my cut eibachs on there. I hate seeing the top of my tire just how I am.

My car with cut Eibach's tucks the top of the tire....just sayin.

Same. Just dont wanna invest if i cant go lower then where we are now.

Any idea on what adjustability the shock will have, like single tool adjust, remote reservoir adjustability and so on?

Also not sure if I missed this or not but is this a damper only or will these be coming with dual rate springs and such

Same. Just dont wanna invest if i cant go lower then where we are now.

That's the thing, if mine went lower, I wouldn't be able to drive LOL. I litterally have 1" between the wheel well liner and the top of the tire up front. If you wanted lower, you would be better off with airbags so you have adjustability on the fly.

I have more than an inch from the wheel well liner to the top of the tire. Im not scared to roll dumped.

Any idea on what adjustability the shock will have, like single tool adjust, remote reservoir adjustability and so on?

Also not sure if I missed this or not but is this a damper only or will these be coming with dual rate springs and such

The dampening will be adjusted from the top of the coilover by finger (usually 12-15 clicks of adjustment). So far in this application there is nooooo reason for the GR3+ (external reservoir 3 way adjustable). I had the 3 ways on my FC RX7 and sold them for the GR+ because tuning for rebound, fast/slow bump, etc was hurting me more than helping. They will be sold as a complete bolt in set. Shock/dampener/mount.

I'll run the measurements to be able to get a 17" rim "helllazazaomgwtfbbbq flush". Considering anyone running 16" sucks too much to care about percise fitment, and those with 18"-19" rims will by design be able to get flush/low/slammed, too. Does that work?

you know how to make a chubby kid blush. I do plan to "stance" my car after these are done. Wheels are right after this lol

Has anyone seen the coilovers on eBay ? What are these about? Can't even upload te link cause I'm on my iPhone ! Just saw them in Lincoln LS springs ! We need to know more and there a lot cheaper then 1350 $

Members online

No members online now.
Back