Unofficially Official; Stance Coilovers

Dave's been in NY for a bit. I called him about 4 times last week. Its getting a little annoying waiting...

Bump for new info?

I hadn't said this on here yet but I have seen several accounts of Stance USA taking 8-12 months or more to R&D and get coil-overs into production for new platforms. Seeing the progress that was supposedly being made gave me some optimism. Now....I'm not sure anymore.

Still want them. Just impatient and don't want to wait till next fall/winter.

I'm down for a set. R&D takes time but it would be way cheaper than getting the KW coilovers for a Jag.

Bump for new info?

I hadn't said this on here yet but I have seen several accounts of Stance USA taking 8-12 months or more to R&D and get coil-overs into production for new platforms. Seeing the progress that was supposedly being made gave me some optimism. Now....I'm not sure anymore.

Still want them. Just impatient and don't want to wait till next fall/winter.

i know i dont wanna wait either i already gotta set of intrax i think im just gonna toss on and spend the money on some wheels instead /:

im assuming this is never going to happen im thinking of hitting up bc suspension and see if they woul be willing to do a set up for the ls since they do many custom set ups already

I say we ask them if they plan to finish or not so we can look elsewhere instead of waiting when they don't have intentions of finishing anymore

I just spent my play money, which was for these shocks, on a new helicopter to play with. So I got something to occupy my time at the moment. I'll still take a set of these whenever they become available. But I had to do something.

Besides, flying helis is fun. It's like a humming bird on crack :D

I contacted Stance myself and it got me nowhere. They might have wised up and realized they will only sell a few of these and will not make enough money to justify the R&D costs.

Well looks like I will be installing the springs sitting in the garage along with new shocks.

Well I myself have something in the works. Once my R&D and testing is complete, I will post what I have been doing.

I can't even figure out if/when this is going to happen. Its crazy. Your call on what you do I'd say.

Got a hold of TF-Dave today. I guess these are being built still, but he said that there have been A LOT of new designs being sent for testing and they are behind getting them R&D'd.

Did he give you any rough time frame on when they might be available

He said he wouldn't give an ETA based on the delay from last time. He did say he's going to try and make it a priority.

KW is very good but over a grand more than the Stance's if/when they're finished. They found out the motion rate on the front and rear are different so some adjustments had to be switched in the CAD file tests.

Sweet.

Just is case this falls through, though I hope it doesn't, its an option. Just throwing it out there.

CAD file was approved, specs sent to the factory to get built. ETA is still TBD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back