Tennessee Members

Here's a map from www.tailofthedragon.com:
Dir_Knoxville.jpg

129 is a little before Turkey Creek on I-40 in Knoxville. The West Hills/Gallaher View is on the way (except if you're coming from West Knox) which is why I suggested it. But like I said I'm open to any suggestions. Ive already requested off work on Dec. 2 so I'm good to go!

I guess thats cool we can meet @ The West Hills/Gallaher View exit. If we eat in knox but if not I may meet you guys somewhere on 411 and 129. I thought exit 60 would be a little better but looking @ that map the route looks longer than I thought. Keep in mind that Its getting dark just after about 5:30. It will be hard to get any good pics after that

I would care a bit to meet out on 411 or 129. I'm sure there's places to eat out there, but I don't know if there is anywhere to eat at the 411/129 split after Maryville. That looks to be the best place for us all to meet, since postal and I would be coming from Knoxville and you would be coming from Chattanooga.

I spoke with Ken last week and he's not going to be able to make it and I PM'd Bill5 to see if he thought he was going to come. He had said earlier that he might be able to, but wouldn't know until last min. I'm still working on Sat. but I'm all but positive I'm going to be able to make it.

I'd love to come but this time of year is busy for me. I'll be out of town on Saturday most of the day and won't be able to make it. However, take lots of pictures!

Alright, I'm all in. Got everything worked out. I'll talk to some ppl here at work that live out that way and see what all there is to eat out there.

As for the time, I'd say meet @ 12. That should give us plenty of time to eat, ride the tail, get plenty of pics, and be done by dark. Is that early enough or should we do it earlier? I don't know how long it takes to ride that 11 miles of curves.

About a mile away from the 411/129 split in maryville, there is a place to eat called the "Gondilar". Real good itillian food. There's also one in Clevland, and they just opened one up in Halls up in north Knoxville. I have ate at all three of them and have never been disappointed with there food. What do you guys think? Other than that there are a ton of places to eat in Knoxville and in Maryville just outside of Aloca on 129.

That's the reason I mentioned the place, so you could come up 411. However if Italain food isn't good with every one, 5 to 10 min. back up the road in Maryvile is Chilli's, Cracker Barrel, McCalistar's, Hooters, an Italain pizza joint, Chick-fill-a, Ryan's, Zaxby's, and a few other places I jut can't remember all of them.

gt95coupe said:
Whatever you guys want execpt hooters. not a fan
Yeah and the Hooter's in Alcoa/Maryville SUCKS! Trust me. I'm not a big Hooter's fan either but I lived in Alcoa for 5 years and their food sucks as do the women there. :mad:

Well let's just say that the only reason you'd go to the Maryville hooter's is because of the hot wings. Unless you like looking at menu's, cause there sure isn't anything else there.

My vote's for the Gondolier. It is the easiest place for all of us to meet up not to mention a halfway point.

Here's the address of Gondiler if you want to google it yourself for better directions. 2632 US Highway 411 S, Maryville, TN 37801

GrayGhost1 said:
Yeah and the Hooter's in Alcoa/Maryville SUCKS! Trust me. I'm not a big Hooter's fan either but I lived in Alcoa for 5 years and their food sucks as do the women there. :mad:
LOL I wish you could make it we'll have to meet up later
The Italian place is fine with us. Thank you Boomhower for all the foot work on the resturant and address

Sounds awesome to me! I was hoping to run TOD four times (once each way to get a feel for it, and then another two times to see what we can get out of the cars) I doubt four runs plus lunch could last more than 5 1/2 hours. So yeah, let's do Gondoliers at 12 noon on Saturday. What would you guys say is the travel time from the campus area to the restaurant so I can plan my time?

According to google, if you start from the stadium, take Cumberland Ave. to 129 (Alocoa Hwy.), it should take you about 30 to 35 min. to get to the Gondolier.

I'll leave about 11:20 and wait outside the restaurant. You'll know it's me, because you'll see me by my car and feel jealous!

Our meet from the Tail of the dragon. I don't think we tamed it, but I think we got our 8 seconds worth.:D

Hope one of your guys picture turned out a little better than mine did.....But what else can you expect from a 1.3 mega pixel camrea phone.

I had a blast guys. Thanks for meeting out and can't wait for another one.

img106.jpg

img107.jpg

img108.jpg

img109.jpg

img110.jpg

I as well had a great time! We need to get more Lincolns up there though! Hows those brakes postalut I cant get my pics to upload they are on the hard drive but LVC says upload failed?

Pictures look great. Too bad I couldn't join you guys but will the next time.

Brakes were fine on the way home. I'm taking it to the dealership on Monday but I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm sure it was the dirt around the calipers that got too hot and burned off but I didn't have a problem on the way back. I've got my pictures too but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet.

I had a blast and we shoudl definitely do it again!

Ken we are talking about maybe doing it again in feb. sometime. hows that month for you? I know its awhile out but maybe we can align all our schedules for one saturday

That'd be awesome. I'd try my damnest to be there. Looking forward to some more pics.

Members online

No members online now.
Back