Supercharged Ls V8

any idea when these kits will be ready for sale?
I want one.

Also, how much are you looking to sell them for? And any idea how much it will cost to have it installed? ballpark?

I want to get all new intake for my LS, but if this is going to be ready soon, or ever, then I dont wanna waste my money on the intake stuff yet. Thanks

Quik LS said:
Here are pics of the engine bay....

- the output form the SC goes down and under the intake filter

- the 'cooled' return come into the engine bay and then around the end of the filter then over top of the shock tower then into the output plenum

BTW: don't worry - the blue elbow will be replace with a black one once they have them in stock....

That is just amazing, man you are a genius on this stuff man keep up the good work i am dien to see a video of this thing in action, and some numbers to back up the video :D

sorry - been traveling last two weeks - back this week so I should make some good progress.

I have to redesign my cold air box - to fit in between all the piping and filter. This has to be done since my hood scoop drops right on top of the filter - so my box not only directs air to the filter - but water away.

Hey quick that's coming along really great, I have seen a few people wondering about the IRS in these ls's being weak well, I have mentioned before about some guys building cobra replicas using mustangs as a donor car (best kits on the market so far) and using the late model t-bird IRS's in them and heres a link to a kit they sell.:D
http://parts.factoryfive.com/newcatalog/chassis/irs.htm

J 2 THE A said:
Hey quick that's coming along really great, I have seen a few people wondering about the IRS in these ls's being weak well, I have mentioned before about some guys building cobra replicas using mustangs as a donor car (best kits on the market so far) and using the late model t-bird IRS's in them and heres a link to a kit they sell.:D

At the power level Quik's LS will be running at he will not be needing a new IRS rear.

rocket5979 said:
At the power level Quik's LS will be running at he will not be needing a new IRS rear.

Sorry I was misunderstood I meant to show these rearends are stronger than what everybody is determining, as soon as my ls is paid off I am gutting it down to nothing and building it from the ground up.:shifty: ;) all new motor, electricial, everything. All solid state universal components, now don't knock me yet its a shame my 2000 ls v-8 that was 40,000 is barely going for 10g's now so I'm keeping it and starting over fresh, you gotta admit besides all the miles of electronics in these things its a great platform to build on. peace.:D

J 2 THE A said:
Sorry I was misunderstood I meant to show these rearends are stronger than what everybody is determining, as soon as my ls is paid off I am gutting it down to nothing and building it from the ground up.:shifty: ;) all new motor, electricial, everything. All solid state universal components, now don't knock me yet its a shame my 2000 ls v-8 that was 40,000 is barely going for 10g's now so I'm keeping it and starting over fresh, you gotta admit besides all the miles of electronics in these things its a great platform to build on. peace.:D

Oh yeah and don't forget the suicide doors, forget the lambo doors go by a lambo if you want it that bad, and bring back our suicide doors the ls should have had them on there from the start....... word....:cool:

You need to get a raised supercharger top for that thing ASAP. There's a lot of power to be had off of that alone.

J 2 THE A said:
I have mentioned before about some guys building cobra replicas using mustangs as a donor car (best kits on the market so far) and using the late model t-bird IRS's in them and heres a link to a kit they sell.:D

FWIW, the IRS that Factory Five suggests is off the previous generation of T-birds, not the one ones that are on the same platform as the LS.

Dominus said:
You need to get a raised supercharger top for that thing ASAP. There's a lot of power to be had off of that alone.

The problem is the strength of the rear/motor internals/transmission. Sadly to say, I don't think we want too much power.

KD00LS said:
The problem is the strength of the rear/motor internals/transmission. Sadly to say, I don't think we want too much power.
There seems to be a lot of worry here about the strength of our engines/transmissions and differentials. Yet, with all the talk about NO2 and drag racing, I have yet to read of a failure. I am sure that sooner or later, someone will blow the crank or transmission and than we will know for sure where the threshold actually is on HP/Torque.

Actually the guy who quik bought the crank from geranded either the rearend or the tranny. So we do know that there are some weak links.

yes - we have a pretty good idea of the transmission and rear-end end-points are.

a Ford transmission engineer that worked on the 5r55n helped explain all the specs of the trannie and the issues of rpm flaring, N vs. S, ...etc

the read-end will be the weakpoint. we need an LSD anyway - so that will be the next target.

Quik LS said:
...the read-end will be the weakpoint. we need an LSD anyway - so that will be the next target.

Lou, did you ever look into that "Hot Rod LS rear" on ebaymotors that I posted a while back?

I did - sent the seller several e-mails trying to find out what (or if) he did anything unique. He/She never responded..... so I didn't buy it.

We needs a LSD....

won't an lsd may you more likely to fry the rear end? just thinkink with the power going to 1 wheel it'll break loose a lot easier and help keep from frying the rear end. just a guess

maybe - I am no expert on differentials - but we gotta go for a stronger rearend either way.

I believe an open diff means the same amount of torque is applied to each wheel. So when you get into a situation that allows one wheel to spin faster than the other - all the torque is limited by what that one wheel can take (which is not much when it is spinning) - then if that wheel should all-of-a-sudden hook-up - you are more likely to break something on that one side..... This is why the LS can be a handful in the snow or on wet roads without TC or AC.

Most of the failures we have seen suggest that the car was spinning one wheel then it grabbed - causing some sort of unbalanced jarring twist.

The new Mustang has a more powerful engine, similar (or the same) transmission and a bigger, tougher rear-end.....

beaups said:
won't an lsd may you more likely to fry the rear end? just thinkink with the power going to 1 wheel it'll break loose a lot easier and help keep from frying the rear end. just a guess

Yes in some cases and no in others. If your talking about a high horsepower Mustang or Camaro (for instance) and for whatever reason didnt have a stock LSD in there then if an LSD is swapped in there then that vehicle would essentially have twice as much traction then the open diff'ed car which could lead to breakage. There are some additional variables added in there too like what kind of tires will be used (streets, DR's, slicks) and so on.

While a supercharged LS will be making a very respectable amount of power, it still will not yet be making the type of power that a lot of parts breakage really results from. Couple that with the low likelihood of a person running slicks (aka very good traction) and running an LSD in their LS should not hurt them much if any.

The problem with these LS's is that it seems like it is the luck of the draw. Some rear ends and trannies hold just fine for all sorts of driving while other crap out after standard use and low miles.

Quik LS said:
The new Mustang has a more powerful engine, similar (or the same) transmission and a bigger, tougher rear-end.....

any word on whether or not the 3 valve 4.6 is too big?

Whats up with the supercharger? Any idea when we can hear how it runs with it on? Im anxious to hear your impressions about how the car runs with it on.

update - you can tell from the pics in my previous post - I had to rebuild my airbox. It is a must-have since my hood scoop will let water in unless I re-direct it.

The first two pics are of the space I had to work with.

The next two are with the new box installed. There is a a hose coming out the bottom to drain the water downand away

The last two are with the intake installed

I am almost finished with the lid and I'll post pics of it.....

380 (Small).jpg

385 (Small).jpg

395 (Small).JPG

400 (Small).JPG

405 (Small).JPG

410 (Small).JPG

That looks tough man!!!! I'm the first to see!! OMG that thing has gotta be fast as hell man! I'm saving up now!! Quik...I must say, you are one hell of a worker. GREAT JOB! :headbang: ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back