Supercharged Ls V8

Quik...on our Cobras, they have located the thermostat into the radiator hose. They just hung a housing in the hose. At least you don't have to screw around with the s/c if you ever need to get to it. It wouldn't surprise me if the exact same thing wouldn't work on your car if the time comes that you feel it's necessary.

So do you think we will still need the intercooler since the change of the thermostat?

PM80 said:
So do you think we will still need the intercooler since the change of the thermostat?

Need it? Hmmm.....maybe not NEED it. But you absolutely should use one if you can. It's amazing what one can do for the IAT on a s/c car. It allows you to run more boost and timing....and gives you a large safety cushion if you leave a conservative tune on the car.

the rough numbers are - for each pound of air compressed you raise the temperature by 18 degrees. so at 5psi - the intake charge is roughly 90 degrees hotter than ambient. In Texas, it has been over 100 most of the month, add to that a black car on a black road.....

so an intake charge off 200 degrees - may still be safe but...

If I can achieve the practical 77% efficiency on the intercooler - that should put the 200 degrees back to close to ambient. colder air - is denser air - so that should help make a bit more power as well.

quik, congratulations. ohh, and did your initials play a part in you buying the LS?

Lower Grille Insert

Quik,

Are you planning on re-installing the lower grille insert?

Not like your car would look stock with it installed, but it would retain a portion of "sleeperness" with it installed.

By the way, FABULOUS WORK!!! I've only known one other guy that went so far to keep things looking like it was installed at the factory and he had one of the sickest Impala SS's I've ever seen.

Quik update -

- drove the car to work all week - no problems.

100 degrees here in Austin, stop and go traffic at times, ...etc

did not overheat once.

whew....

I am driving 'fairly' civil.

I need to go an get my wideband bung installed and then I'll start mapping the a/f - get it to Torrie so he can clean up the maps

then schedule a dyno tune.

Quick I have a 91 thunderbird SC and i know previously it was mentioned about having to supply your own supercharger when you get the kit ready. To help get myself ready what should i pull off the car?

nylincolnls said:
To help get myself ready what should i pull off the car?

well - we have a lot to do yet.

- tuning and dyno numbers. if they are good - then start with the next step. If not - we have some more 'tweaking' to do.

- once we are happy with the power and drivability - then we need to take all my modifications to the original manifold/belt bracket/...etc and make another set - better.

- then re-install, film the install - as part of the instructions.

- then find another daring/crazy LS owner.... to try it out.

How are you able to remap factory electronics? Are you using a boost reference or mass air only? Will you be changing shift scheduling and/or apply pressures etc for the added torque?

Thanks

I have done all the above with the SCT XCalibrator2

Here is the post I made after we worked with SCT and got it working on the LS for the first time -> http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=27874&postcount=8

Changes since that post:
- SCT came out with a better unit - XCalibrator2
- Torrie's business is now called 'FastPartsNetwork.com'

do a search on 'SCT Flasher' - there is alot of good reading on it.

ok i will take it upon myself to volunteer to be the sacrificial lamb. i will ship my car whenever you say!

Quik LS said:

I will drive to whereever you live and let you do it to my car. I will rent a hotel and everything and stay out of your hair. How much of a discount would we get for being a test dummy? =x

Quik LS said:
well - we have a lot to do yet.

- tuning and dyno numbers. if they are good - then start with the next step. If not - we have some more 'tweaking' to do.

- once we are happy with the power and drivability - then we need to take all my modifications to the original manifold/belt bracket/...etc and make another set - better.

- then re-install, film the install - as part of the instructions.

lou, im both daring and crazy

Lou, I'm daring, crazy, and have the money to get it done if the power gain is worth it. I am not picky and am in no hurry, obviously plenty of people want to jump in line to get this done, so best of luck on picking the right person!

GUYS!! I got a guy here in Frankfort who just supercharged his LS. He's got a Triton Supercharger, and he's poorin about about 340 horses. He showed it to me, but he did not show me the dyno papers. He said 338. I'll get pics soon.

Members online

No members online now.
Back